Jackie Welles - Night City's Golden Boy ❤

+
Well thats cause he is the ONLY player available this early in the gamw

Additionally, he has been kind of heavily advertised while being a "companion" (not in the classic sense of course as they have no classic follower approach in this one). It's no surprise that people have built up a liking all in all.

This will likely change as more, let's call them sidekicks, are introduced. I wonder if something like sidekicks or good contacts akin to Jackie exist or are introduced based on origin story since there's some hints about it in trailers, maybe more notable in the nomad one.

Interesting thread. I assumed Jackie dies, never considered he wouldn't die until I saw a Youtube comment talking of maybes. I'd like him to live if possible, but I'm not going in that hopeful. I'll just enjoy him while he's there, and do my best to fight for both of us.

I get why people say he's dead and its unavoidable, but at the same time I cannot understand why CDPR would spoil that in a trailer and not gameplay if it's unavoidable. Surely it would carry more weight in the game if it was sudden and unexpected? That's what makes me believe it could be avoidable.

I get why people say he's dead and its unavoidable, but at the same time I cannot understand why CDPR would spoil that in a trailer and not gameplay if it's unavoidable. Surely it would carry more weight in the game if it was sudden and unexpected? That's what makes me believe it could be avoidable.
Whoaaahhahahah that's genius. :D:eek:

Here`s some Jackie lovin for you fridge and all the others (y)

10/10 Jackie video! He's a true bro.
Post automatically merged:

Jackie Welles is obviously Zoltan Chivay 2.0.
If you didn't like Zoltan, you're dead to me.
'Nuff said.
Seems plausible
Zoltan Chivay was okay, but.... honestly, even all of Zoltan Chivay's moments combined don't even come close to how the short few moments I have seen of Jackie make me feel in terms of his level of friendship with V. Jackie just strikes me as a true BRO, like on a whole different level! I don't know why, I just feel like Jackie is incomparable to Zoltan. Honest opinion.

Last edited:
Zoltan Chivay was okay, but.... honestly, even all of Zoltan Chivay's moments combined don't even come close to how the short few moments I have seen of Jackie make me feel in terms of his level of friendship with V. Jackie just strikes me as a true BRO, like on a whole different level! I don't know why, I just feel like Jackie is incomparable to Zoltan. Honest opinion.

I meant also in Witcher 1 and 2. Did you play them? The philosophical talks between Geralt and Zoltan in the middle of Wyzima's streets are legendery (to me at least...and in Polish).

I meant also in Witcher 1 and 2. Did you play them? The philosophical talks between Geralt and Zoltan in the middle of Wyzima's streets are legendery (to me at least...and in Polish).
Oh, hmm I guess I haven't witnessed those, or at least I can't remember. Do you know where I can watch those scenes in english? (Does CDPR allow those long lengths of gameplay to exist on youtube?) I mean if it's allowed, I would love to watch those.

OR CDPR sees Jackie for what he is, which is just a tutorial character and such they do not think he deserves the same "spoiler" care as other characters in the game. That same trailer also showed Dexter betraying V. You saying that is also avoidable and that there is a way for Dexter not to betray you?

OR CDPR sees Jackie for what he is, which is just a tutorial character and such they do not think he deserves the same "spoiler" care as other characters in the game. That same trailer also showed Dexter betraying V. You saying that is also avoidable and that there is a way for Dexter not to betray you?
Yes, I am saying that. It's entirely possible. We don't know the context as to why he betrays us or what might have happened previously in whatever the scope of events is for that trailer, its entirely possible we can avoid the betrayal, or even betray Dexter before he betrays us. Jackie's death and Dexter's betrayal are not mutually exclusive, one could be avoidable and the other might not be. I don't know why you've got the attitude as if we know for sure what the story is, knowing CDPR it is entirely possible that yeah, we can avoid it. We won't know until we play.

Here are some examples:

That's very interesting. :think:
I'm sad that those conversations don't seem to go any further or deeper because they were very interesting. They just stop suddenly and abruptly before any real interesting conclusions or revelations could ever be reached. I do appreciate Zoltan and Dandelion as philosophical discussion partners, but I still feel like Jackie offers more as a character(from what I have seen so far). I hope it is possible to get deep and philosophical with Jackie and other characters in Cyberpunk2077.
I also get this strange feeling of sadness and nostalgia when watching original Witcher gameplay. It strangely makes me feel like dreaming of what the Witcher 3 would have been like it if had been more like Witcher 1, despite its flaws. *sigh* :giveup:
Post automatically merged:

Hmmmmm, I think yes, and perhaps this does follow the same logic, and may be more evidence to their point, if true. I think it's a smart guess. :think:
I think it all depends on our choices in the game.

Last edited:

You could be totally right but if your right CDPR has dropped a couple of huge spoilers . You could argue Vesemir was a " tutorial character " but CDPR didn`t think it necessary to kill him :shrug:

Top Bottom