Jackie Welles - Night City's Golden Boy ❤

+
It’s in the prologue
Evelyn is the one who hires Dex and you to steal the chip from Arasaka. She offers to cut Dex out of the deal and split the profits 50-50 with you.
For some reason, I have never seen this before. It's unusual because I'm sure I've watched all the gameplay that is available.
So I have no idea how I could have missed this. Do you have a youtube video I can watch? :)

For some reason, I have never seen this before. It's unusual because I'm sure I've watched all the gameplay that is available.
So I have no idea how I could have missed this. Do you have a youtube video I can watch? :)
It’s mentioned in Alanah Pierce’s hands on review and Q&A videos.

I just hope we can avoid his death. He seems like such a bro.

The more I think about it, the more inevitable his death appears.

He is shown as your first real friend, larger than life personality and all around swell guy. Considering all content except the deep dive video so far has happened in the early hours of the game, and that they showed Jackies death in the E3 trailer, implies that his death will be used as a "wake up call", a life-changing event which showcases how brutal this world is and that nobody is safe. He is also probably supposed to be a sort of "intro companion" who helps you through the early part of the game. After his death, you are on your own and the game begins in earnest.

"Don't worry, we're bulletproof!" - Jackie, 2020 trailer

Not a plot device, but a plot element, a storytelling tool. I used to think that there might be a way to avoid his death, but it is starting to look more and more like a no-go.

I think the reason we don’t see Jackie in the deep dive is cause Dex shoots V after the heist. I think if we play our cards right Jackie lives but he thinks V is dead for a while.

I think the reason we don’t see Jackie in the deep dive is cause Dex shoots V after the heist. I think if we play our cards right Jackie lives but he thinks V is dead for a while.
What if you can tell Jackie to wait in the taxi? V goes into the motel room and ends up in the trash with Johnny Silverhand after Dex betrays you. When V goes back to Watson Jackie's like ?!?!?! because he thought V was dead!
And it's a beautiful reunion :cry:

He doesn't need to die, he can just disappear.

And in certain conditions reappear.

Thinking someone is dead, only to find out they are not is also a impactful story beat CDPR might go for, given player choices.

I was just wondering, for the Jackie fan team, what would you do if the only way to make Jackie survive is to piss him off enough for him to become your enemy (in an unforgivable way, such as killing his mom).

Would you still, "save Jackie"?
:smart:

I was just wondering, for the Jackie fan team, what would you do if the only way to make Jackie survive is to piss him off enough for him to become your enemy (in an unforgivable way, such as killing his mom).

Yeah, would create an interesting conflict I think.

VelWu

Forum regular
Jackie feels like a Nick Valentine (Fallout 4) or Liara (Mass Effect). So essentially a morally-good character that is impossible to dislike on his/her own but is also mandatory for some parts of the main story~~~which means s/he will eventually be disliked by some because, you know, being mandatory.

I'll probably stay close to him the first two playthroughs or so then start looking for ways to advance in the game without him in those other "evil" playthroughs.

Valentino concept, look at the pillar to the right . It bares Jackie name.

Question remains;

Will he die due to our actions? thus can our actions prevent his death?

Is his death inevitable due to plot reasons ?

Last edited:

Question remains;

I can't find where Jackie's name is :shrug:

Question remains;

OMG :giveup: what does it say? I haven't seen this before :cry:

I can't find where Jackie's name is :shrug:
1594169798332.png

Post automatically merged:

YASSSS :( I love him SO much :ugly_sobbing:

Last edited:
OMG :giveup: what does it say? I haven't seen this before :cry:

View attachment 11050697
Post automatically merged:

YASSSS :( I love him SO much :ugly_sobbing:
NO NO NO the little crosses around the bottom imply that it is a memorial to Jackie!
THERE MUST BE A MISSION IN CYBERPUNK2077 WHERE V BREAKS INTO A CORPORATE RESEARCH LAB AND STEALS THEIR TIME MACHINE AND GOES BACK AND SAVES JACKIE!

He is shown as your first real friend, larger than life personality and all around swell guy

Same. Plus he is in a happy relationship with Misty. His character seems too "good" to live in this universe. He's so dead

Top Bottom