January and Feburary Big updates, what to excpect ?

+
So we all know there is two big update coming in january and feburary, but what to excpect from this two patchs ?

I think almost everything in the patch will be to fix the game bugs and polish the game for last gen consoles, i dont think they will fix core mechanics now, like car driving, npc A.I, police actually chasing the player and not just pop in, the lack of interactive between the player and night city...

You guys think CDR need to say what they will try to do in January and Feburary or they need to stay silent like the devs in No Man Sky after launch ?

(Sorry for the bad english)

The Senior Quest Designer retweeted an article saying that people had unrealistic expectations. So I am not going to expect this game to get the no man's sky treatment. Also I think it's naive to take CDPR for their word after the stunts they just pulled. Heck, they were even lying by saying the day 1 patch was going to turn it into a completely different game (and it didn't).

Their priority is and has always been about money. To stop the refund train they're going to only focus on bug fixes & performance to get their game back on the playstation store. They aren't going to improve the gameplay unless there were mass refunds.
I expect the game to still be a buggy mess even after the February patch, anyone who trusts CDPR that these patches are going to fix the game after they lied about the day 1 patch is naive.

The Senior Quest Designer retweeted an article saying that people had unrealistic expectations. So I am not going to expect this game to get the no man's sky treatment. Also I think it's naive to take CDPR for their word after the stunts they just pulled. Heck, they were even lying by saying the day 1 patch was going to turn it into a completely different game (and it didn't).

Their priority is and has always been about money. To stop the refund train they're going to only focus on bug fixes & performance to get their game back on the playstation store. They aren't going to improve the gameplay unless there were mass refunds.
I expect the game to still be a buggy mess even after the February patch, anyone who trusts CDPR that these patches are going to fix the game after they lied about the day 1 patch is naive.

Do you a link to senior quest designers post?

I've been playing CDPR

I've been playing CDPR games for years.. ever since Witcher1... and that game was released in much worse state than Cyberpunk2077, and they did pull it off and released enhanced edition with all bugs fixed and additional content... Witcher 3 at release also had a lots of bugs, and game was fixed and got a lot of improvements into core game mechanics, as well as 16 free of charge DLCs, and two expansions each as big as separate AAA game for half the price (Season pass was 20$)...

So no. their priority is not just money, because if that was the main priority, there would be payed loot boxes all over Night City, and you would have cosmetic DLCs rolling out for every single little graphical change as other game companies do....

People have very short memory, and tend to jump on hatred train way too fast...

Last edited:
I've been playing CDPR

I've been playing CDPR games for years.. ever since Witcher1... and that game was released in much worse state than Cyberpunk2077, and they did pull it off and released enhanced edition with all bugs fixed and additional content... Witcher 3 at release also had a lots of bugs, and game was fixed and got a lot of improvements into core game mechanics, as well as 16 free of charge DLCs, and two expansions each as big as separate AAA game for half the price (Season pass was 20$)...

So no. their priority is not just money, because if that was the main priority, there would be payed loot boxes all over Night City, and you would have cosmetic DLCs rolling out for every single little graphical change as other game companies do....

People have very short memory, and tend to jump of hatred train way too fast...
:D
Not trying to be rude, don't get me wrong, but naive ppl like you are the reason why companies like EA are doing fine :D

i would not belie
:D
Not trying to be rude, don't get me wrong, but naive ppl like you are the reason why companies like EA are doing fine :D
i would not believe EA to fix the game... but i do believe CDPR they will do it... and just FYI, i did not buy another EA game since Mass Effect 3 fiasco... same thing with Bethesda and Fallout 4..

Last edited:

Could you show us that tweet? Because i also get the feeling that his is just a cash grab at this point and nothing is goin to be improved anymore, be it endings, gameplay, immersion or cut features. They will look to make the game stable across the board and move on and forget this ever happend.
And if that is the case the trust is gone and this company is over.

AGREE 100%
Thats why I asked for a refund even on GOG PC.
This game wont ever be finished anymore and they do not deserve my money and trust.

Do you a link to senior quest designers post?
I don't think retweets can be linked, when I tried to copy the link and paste it.. it just sent me to the tweet he was retweeting.

You can just go to his twitter and scroll down to the december 16th retweet. He didn't delete it.

cyberpunk designer.png

So we all know there is two big update coming in january and feburary, but what to excpect from this two patchs ?

I think almost everything in the patch will be to fix the game bugs and polish the game for last gen consoles, i dont think they will fix core mechanics now, like car driving, npc A.I, police actually chasing the player and not just pop in, the lack of interactive between the player and night city...

You guys think CDR need to say what they will try to do in January and Feburary or they need to stay silent like the devs in No Man Sky after launch ?

(Sorry for the bad english)
their focus will be on consoles, expect minor patches that crosspatch to pc.

I don't think retweets can be linked, when I tried to copy the link and paste it.. it just sent me to the tweet he was retweeting.

You can just go to his twitter and scroll down to the december 16th retweet. He didn't delete it.

View attachment 11107679
How pompous. I understand the guy feeling protective over something he worked on, but the bust unfinished game which clearly has half its features ripped out is not the fault of anybody but the people creating the game.

i guess asking for most of the core gameplay features to be put back into the game they show from all the gameplay demo counts as unrealistic expectations...speaks alot about how upper management is handling the situation coming from the senior quest designer

I've been playing CDPR

People have very short memory, and tend to jump on hatred train way too fast...
I have anything but a short memory. Let's go back 3 years, are all the witcher 3 developers still working at CDPR though? Did you forget all the staff who quit and many jumped ship to blizzard & riot, and that the creative director even left last year to work for Blizzard? Did you forget about CDPR's announcement on twitter acknowledging the departures and never denying any of the statements made about people jumping ship. In their statement they didn't deny the Witcher 3 devs were leaving because they got denied raises & promotions after that games success.
They didnt' deny that their developers were complaining about PR's overblown statements and crunch they go through.
We were warned year after year by their employees that this game was going to end up this way, and now everyone has goldfish memory. No one thought something was up when the big names jumped ship last year?

We could literally look at the credits at the end of the game, and compare them to witcher 3 and who do you recognize besides Adam Badowski? My point is I'm not going to expect Witcher 3 quality from a different team of people.

CDPR2.png

Top Bottom