Japanese anime & manga

+
Studio Ghibli truly is the master of anime. My god do they know how to create beautiful and compelling anime movies.

From a woman anime creator, Rumiko Takahashi, Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2.

One anothers two animes I liked were Bleach ( ブリーチ, Burīchi), by Tite Kubo, and Death Note by Tsugumi Ōba & Takeshi Obata

The only Anime that ever kept me interested was Elfen Lied. It had some of the major presentation qualms i've always had with anime (pervy fanservice, weird facial expressions etc.) but the concept of the story was terrific, and the themes were really deep. The theme song was fucking hauntingly beautiful aswell.

I've tried getting into a few that i can't remember the names of, and they bored me to tears. The only one i remember was Deathnote, which had an interesting concept, but soon lost me as soon as they turned the protagonist into a mustache twirling, sociopathic hypocrite within the first few episodes. The maniacal laughter got so old; i'd expect to see such a character as an Evil Wizard in a 90's D&D game.

Yeah, i haven't had the best experience with anime. But i don't regret watching Elfen Lied, i thoroughly enjoyed that one.

Well, I know some good anime too, like
Anohana (really sad one)
Toradora
Zero no Tsukaima (a crazy one)
Beelzebub (a very crazy one)

But my favourite is Naruto. Yeah, I know, a bit mainstream and there are lots of fillers but i really like it!!

One Piece is my favorite series and Berserk is my distant second. I watched One Piece Film Z a month ago and it was just breathtakingly epic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaGg2Ay4Mvw

Anyone in the mood to watch this cool pilot episode

really cute and good quality animation.

/>
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S7bCv6t3_s[/media]

I grew up on Pokemon! Its the only "creation" to date, be it book, fil, whatever that can actually make me cry and boy can it make my laugh, and give my the goosebumps when something legendary is about to go down, to make me leap u and reach for a hat to turn backwards. The Sinnoh League Series was beyond EPIC and a perfect sendoff to a childhood favorite. Man!

I also really enjoyed the first season of Naruto, particularly Zabuza's arc--a lot. East of Eden is another favorite, and of course, Ranma 1/2 is fantastic. Sure serious anime is cool, but I much prefer a light-hearted comedy, which really goes beyond the anime genre. Never cared to much for super-power-power-up-stuff which pulled my interest from Naruto and has kept me from getting really deep into comics.

guipit said:
VIDEO

Anyone in the mood to watch this cool pilot episode

really cute and good quality animation.
Whoooo... thank you warmly, I was searching for another series to watch since a while now. Animation is very nice, hope the story will be either.

In the meanwhile seems that the last NGE movie is out.

secondchildren said:
Whoooo... thank you warmly, I was searching for another series to watch since a while now. Animation is very nice, hope the story will be either.

In the meanwhile seems that the last NGE movie is out.

It's not a series just one episode. Tweeny Witches is really similar though http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/tweeny-witches

has good animation and art style as well.

I love a good anime. I'm trying to teach myself Japanese, even bought a few Manga myself to practice reading. Haven't watched much lately, but I've seen some great series.

I saw ppl creating some off [Witcher] topic threads lately ... so I thought why not ask if you guys like Anime then^^ ?
I will add 2 vids from my YT channel of my favorite long & short series Anime series here... so you can see what I like... check them out ;)/>/>/>/>/>...

With Dragonball began my journy of those wonderful vids called anime ;)/>/>/>/>/> ... Even now 10 years later or so im still watching some shows... Not as much as before (since I watched almost every good stuff out there) xD ... but if a new promising series comes up I at least check it out.... (Like Attack on Titan atm)

Anyway what are your favourites ?
What kind of anime does one who plays the Witcher like ? ^^
Good Storys are found not just in video games....
Maybe if you dont watch anime what keeps you entertained ? (Books)-Witcher books obviously/Reading other books than Witcher? Or something else ?
What are you playing atm ?

I would love if you drop some suggestions here ... may it be a anime/movie/book/games ....
Let me see what keeps the Witcher Forum entertained ;)/>/>/>/>/> [Other than Witcher] =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWqwi85uDvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2F7TjepL7k&feature=c4-overview-vl&list_pxtube=PLRje91Uz2AlI6FikZ-rcBGaOHDEU8wQWM

Have fun

Edit: just realised I should have added this in a differnt category .. can someone move it ?^^ sry

There are tons of good animes out there.

If you look for dark fantasy you should give Berserk or Bastard! a try.
Record of Loddoss War is also a good fantasy themed anime.

And Slayers pokes fun at the entire RPG genre.

There are so many animes I can recommend to you.
Have you tried Cowboy Bebop ?

But my all time favorite anime series has be to Neon Genesis Evangelion. :)

Glaroug is all about the off-topic, and all about the Pokemon.

I've not seen much anime, but my favorites have to be Eden of the East (the show, I have not seen the movies), Akira and especially Ghost in the Shell (movie). I did watch a few episode of Stein's Gate and enjoyed it, but the New Season of Peep Show came out and I sort of forgot it

and DBZ abridged is freaking awesome.

emperorzorn said:
There are tons of good animes out there.

If you look for dark fantasy you should give Berserk or Bastard! a try.
Record of Loddoss War is also a good fantasy themed anime.

And Slayers pokes fun at the entire RPG genre.

There are so many animes I can recommend to you.
Have you tried Cowboy Bebop ?

But my all time favorite anime series has be to Neon Genesis Evangelion. :)/>

I know all those... I love berserk... its my favourite manga.... but never heard of Bastard o_O ... ill check it out...

my fav animes and mangas are Claymore and Berserk. Also Soul Eater is pretty good.I don't read to much lately but when I do I usually pick up some fantasy books from Polish authors. Jarosław Grzędowicz- "Pan lodowego ogrodu" or Andrzej Ziemiański -"Achaja" are awesome

Nice thread!

Dragon ball Z is my all time favorite and I think my second favorite is Sailor Moon. lol
These were my first animes I ever watched (I was 7-8 years old at this time). DBZ and SM bring back good memories.
If you like horror/ mystic animes with good story than I recommend that you watch Elfen lied, Vampire Hunter D and Another. If you are into comedies/parodies, you should watch Magical Witch Punie-chan (AKA Dai Mahou Touge). Though, it’s a magical princess parody I think it's worth a try. Personally, I was laughing like crazy while watching it.

Edit: grammar. :p

Loved Claymore, also Elfen Lied and Witchblade, but right now the only anime I'm watching is Naruto, finally things are starting to get interesting :D

Top Bottom