Jesse Cox Goes to CD Projekt

+
I've never heared about this guy, until I found his Witcher 2 Let's play videos last month. It gave me a good laugh for a couple of days

Thanks for the link ;)

I like the small inspirational speech that the Joint-CEO makes and how he compares buying a game from a company with a relationship.

CPR is just the best friend who keeps on giving and never asking anything in return.

Next time CDPR should invite Christopher Odd. His LPs are great! I recomend all of his W1 and W2 videos :)

BTW CDPR have been contacted with him recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-YnVsIgvE&lc=5Bhm_c35qpohKvBg971PlUh15LX_oD5jcJHZ19kHzNU

jaabaa said:
Next time CDPR should invite Christopher Odd. His LPs are great! I recomend all of his W1 and W2 videos :)/>

BTW CDPR have been contacted with him recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-YnVsIgvE&lc=5Bhm_c35qpohKvBg971PlUh15LX_oD5jcJHZ19kHzNU

Agreed.

Chris is awesome and he absolutely adores the series. He totally deserves all the praise in the world for an amazing job LPing the games and doing them justice but he simply is not as popular as Jesse. So having Jesse/AngryJoe fly over to Poland makes sense from a financial standpoint. I assume CDPR payed for them so that they can promote their product and they didn't just come over because they have nothing better to do. It was a PR move, not a reward.

Of course, there's the argument that a fanbase such as that of Jesse might not appreciate the game that much, in fact, it might be bad for the studio - look at what wider audience appeal did to BioWare but it's not the audeince that did this to BW, it's BioWare catering to the wrong crowd instead of sticking to making games they like and paying attention to feedback that's actually good. Anyway, having 127k views on your video as opposed to 1-2k is important when you're deciding who to spend money on in order to bring them from across the ocean. I mean, if you're bringing in a guy with 2k views on his Witcher videos, why not get all LPers that did a good job playing the games and had about as many views, such as Toegoff or Costin then? Because it's expensive and CDPR aren't exactly shitting money left and right, it's not that they don't appreciate them. I think sending Chris a free W3 t-shirt was probably good enough and he seemed very happy about it.

Either way, great guy, love his content.

Watched all of his witcher videos and some other series, one of the few good let's players and really cool guy. Thumbs up.

Seems like a good guy for CDPR to stay in touch with. It would be cool if they actually flew him out to Poland to preview TW3.

addar

Forum veteran
its funny , we are raelly witcherholics, watching youtubers playing game we played so many times.... im also fan of Odd , he has this enthusiasm and respect to game im always lokoing for in let's plays

I think Jesse Cox and his "you-tube friends" fall victim to the same "look at me I`m sooo funny" syndrom so prevalent in you-tube right now, where theres actually VERY FEW people that make really quality entertainment products...
Most of them are just goof-balls, and watching them just makes me want to go to the bathroom... Angry-Joe, being the exception here, cause he's sooo down to earth that he's almost endearing... />

I recently found Chris Odd's channel, been following all his recent Witcher 2 videos, and I could not agree more with all of you above. He definetely knows his "Witcher" in and out, gets the lore and style of the story, also he absolutely kicks ass in combat, which also helps. />

JackinTheGreen said:
I think Jesse Cox and his "you-tube friends" fall victim to the same "look at me I`m sooo funny" syndrom so prevalent in you-tube right now, where theres actually VERY FEW people that make really quality entertainment products...
Most of them are just goof-balls, and watching them just makes me want to go to the bathroom... Angry-Joe, being the exception here, cause he's sooo down to earth that he's almost endearing...
/>

I recently found Chris Odd's channel, been following all his recent Witcher 2 videos, and I could not agree more with all of you above. He definetely knows his "Witcher" in and out, gets the lore and style of the story, also he absolutely kicks ass in combat, which also helps.
/>

I agree with this. Cox can get irritating at times, trying to force his goofiness. Angry Joe and Total Biscuit are my favorite. They are both honest and down to earth.

slimgrin said:
I agree with this. Cox can get irritating at times, trying to force his goofiness. Angry Joe and Total Biscuit are my favorite. They are both honest and down to earth.

Well, that is just Jesse's way. But I agree, when I want honest informations I'm watching TB or AJ.

And when it comes to mr.Odd, I think that he would be happy to show up in Poland.

I've heard that CDPR has a small PR studio in US, so maybe he could cooperate with them.

Chris Odd have issues with looting. HE can't focus on the story in crucial moments, looting. Killed poor Newboy because of it.
Looting is one thing but looting through LP is a bit of a problem. Other than that he is quite ok.

slimgrin said:

I second that.
But I'd add Gamermd83. She is a very down to Earth girl and I especially like this video of hers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCija78ls4I

I hope she'll be making other videos like this one.

Vandergrift said:
Chris Odd have issues with looting. HE can't focus on the story in crucial moments, looting. Killed poor Newboy because of it.
Looting is one thing but looting through LP is a bit of a problem. Other than that he is quite ok.

I've watched some of his TW1 videos, just to compare his choices to mine and it was interesting to learn his reasons to choose "A" not "B", etc. I also like his humor.

But perhaps he can't focus on the story sometimes because he is making videos of his playthrough.
Seriously, I tried to do it and I don't know how those guys manage to do it... I think you kind of lose some of the game experience because of the extra pressure of not taking too long to do a quest, etc.
Perhaps these kind of videos works best when in a second playthrough or something. And that's why I think he is good, cause he plays largelly blind.

Interestingly enough, people apparently yelled at him for not exploring/looting enough in his early LPs. Guess he took that to the other extreme :p

Top Bottom