John Calveit/Cahir nerf is terrible!

+
John Calveit/Cahir nerf is terrible!

I think that John Calveit nerf, so he cant draw gold, is very much the end for the spy Nilfgaard archetype.
Cahir will become completely useless card without the ability to draw gold card.
The only thing Calveit and Cahir is good for is the chance to draw gold cards. Now they cant, its terrible.
Nilfgaard via Emissaries and Novices can use almost all your deck, but if you didnt draw gold cards, you were pretty much doomed. In this case Calveit and Cahir was the only chance, and even they couldnt work, if you're so unlucky, that gold card is the bottom of your deck.
But now it seems that if you didnt draw gold cards in the beginning, its very likely you're finished. If things go bad, you won't be able to try using Calveit/Cahir to draw gold card and save you.

Is it so neccessary to completely kill spying NG decks??? Are they used very much, abused, OP, so it really needs the killing nerf???
I dont get it. Dont get at all.

Please, if anyone thinks that this decision is terrible, let Cdpr knows it!!! Maybe they will revert Calveit/Cahir changes!!

Well with the use of emissaries , golems and many other cards+ leader ability. NG has the ability to thin the deck greatly. So the probability of you drawing a gold card in round 2 and 3 becomes high.

Yeah, gotta say I agree.

Was hoping that the tweaks the patch where to bring would make my Spy Nilfgaard deck viable. But with the nerf to Calveit I dunno anymore. Just feel like dropping the deck altogether and just go with either reveal or Northen Realms (used to play them first).

I really don't see why they decided to nerf him, it's not like the decks he was being used in was too strong and needed something to keep them in check. If anything Spying NG was already on the lower tier.

I dont use golems, many people dont use them, whether they jump before or after Calveit play. They are weak and take 3 slots of 25. Better to fill it with more useful cards, which can be played by emissaries and novices, and save Calveit and Cahir for knowing which cards exactly at the top and maybe play gold cards. Also, use Calveit, then Vilgeforce, and you know which card I play next. Now I can use Calveit, think that I have novice on top (which I play after Vilgeforce), but all of a sudden I draw Geralt Igni, for example, or Letho.
This nerf kills my plan completely.
Incredibly strange and bad nerf. No, worst ever, cause it kills entire archetype.

this nerf is good, no more spaming tibor in final round, be glad you have golems back

Golems are no good for Spying NG since the emissaries risk pulling them unless you play your leader early. Which is something you don't wanna do with Calveit.

And to be honest I rarely got Tibor from Calveit/Cahir. So this nerf won't really see much difference there. It'll just overall weaken Spying NG, a deck already pretty weak.

So I dont understand it either: the weaken already weak deck???
Doesnt make any sense to me.

Pruny;n9066090 said:
this nerf is good, no more spaming tibor in final round, be glad you have golems back

You can stil "spam" Tibor, whatever that means. Just draw in in one of the 5 mulligans if he isn't already in your hand. Then use Renew and use him again. Also, you seem to be stuck in pre-patch Nilfgaard dislike mode, no offense. Nilfs weren't that good since the last patch. The only thing that got slightly better now is reveal.

Calveit was used mainly to plan ahead, now that's nerfed. I haven't used him in a while so this won't affect my current deck but it might some down the line. Maybe allow players to see gold cards, just not draw them?

I think you are all insane to think that. Spy NG is in such a good spot right now. That and if Cahir nerf made it unplayable then why are some pro decks still running it in their mix, it is still a top contender. Reveal NG on the other hand I think is very easy to play around. You just have to drop your strong strength cards early so cynthia doesn't become crazy strong and have a mardroeme or scorch for the spotters.

I don't understand why they did this honestly. Hopefully they leave it the way it is, because it would be such a terrible change for spying decks. I guess I'll have to start using Stefan Skellen now.

So I watched the patch and I think they got the changes just about right, nerfing two of your core spy cards might encourage you to play stefan skellen and think harder about which one to include. You're not wrong though reveal NG is going to be a powerhouse maybe? but then it did only recieve a power boost of about 2 on 2 cards, which is probably justified.

I am not entirely sure if NR got toned down enough, felt more like a tweak than anything but with respect to how much they took away from skellige and monster I think the changes to spy NG will be less noticeable.

If anything I'm feeling like NR might still be a little oppressive because they did buff some cards to compensate for the fact they no longer strengthen and recycle the witchers, but that change could go either way. Also with the changes to frost being single target, armor being less penetrable and nerfs to aoe damage in general like dol blathana trapper, I believe you are going to see how a swarm deck can overwhelm you a little bit more and might even be wise including cards like manticore venom in your decks, but we will have to wait and see.

The only thing I didn't like in the patch was the changes to the neutral legendaries, villentretenmerth was very fun but as regis higher vampire was nerfed you will encounter it far less often as a tech card and yeah if you swap to reveal then that works in your favor too.

Why does everybody hate the Nilfgaard Spy archetype? They're doing everything they can to destroy it.

John Calveit you won't be forgotten. :(

Snake_Foxhounder;n9068290 said:
You can stil "spam" Tibor, whatever that means. J Also, you seem to be stuck in pre-patch Nilfgaard dislike mode, no offense. Nilfs weren't that good since the last patch.
i loved NF before patch cuz i had 80% win rate with eredin, tibor was the only thing that gave me trouble...
Now with monsters nerfed alot seems okay to nerf others :)

El_Mosca;n9070060 said:
Why does everybody hate the Nilfgaard Spy archetype? They're doing everything they can to destroy it.

John Calveit you won't be forgotten. :(

Hear this man.

Right now the only NG deck remotely viable is the spies archetype with Jan. It seems its something CDPR doesnt like, and are trying to shove Nilfgaard reveal down our throat. I guess a big boss in CDPR came up with the reveal idea and cant stand seeing its little baby being a third rate deck for begginers.

So well, they took a second rate deck that struggled to be competitive and nerfed it to the ground for no good reason. Meanwhile, Consume Monster deck which has been god tier since CB remains unchaged. Oh, well, not unchanged, they nerfed Celaeno Harpy from being a 12 power bronze to being a 11 power play. Big deal.

And you thought SK was OP? Wait and see how NR is gonna dominate the ladder from now on. Just you wait.

Sheva007;n9070390 said:
It seems its something CDPR doesnt like, and are trying to shove Nilfgaard reveal down our throat. I guess a big boss in CDPR came up with the reveal idea and cant stand seeing its little baby being a third rate deck for begginers.

Yea they seem to try to eliminate spies as an archetype and force reveal down our throats instead. I don't like it. Spies is the most fun and well designed archetype in the game imo because it strikes such a nice balance between putting value down on your side of the board while finding answers to the strategies of your opponents. Reveal on the other hand feels like just one of these boring cookie cutter "do thing - buff card in your hand" archetypes.

Top Bottom