Johnny appears post game, kinda? And other interesting post game things I found.

+
I beat the game with the story mode of Rogue and Johnny going to take down the corp. Rogue gives you some hover boots for the quest and after you finish the mission and V goes back to her body and you wake up in your mansion you still have them in your inventory (Perfect!). If you re equip them, you can jump off your mansion, or the Afterlifes roof top landing spot and continue to run around a glitchy post game world. (Since you don't take falling damage from the jump).
I wanted to see what was in my stash, to see if Rogues pistol was in there and sure enough it and many of the other items I had on me were in my storage. So I continued looking around my apartment for other interesting things and when I went to the mirror, I saw this! Johnnys appearance, and V saying "No... Don't believe it..." in her voice, not his. When I checked the mirror again after that, I was back to being normal V. So it was a one time thing. This is the screen shot I took, and the dialogue is near the bottom.
This is easy to do yourself as all you have to do is jump from either building with the special boots post "final" mission and go to V's apartment mirror. And just to clarify, I checked the mirror in the mansion first and you are not Johnny in that instance. I haven't checked to see if this happens in any other mirrors in the world. **Edit: For some reason this didn't work for me once out of 4 different times. I think you might not want to fast travel**.

I'm assuming that V is coping with the separation and in general, everything after her whole ordeal. Now we all likely suspect him to be in the game in some form or another as he is still in Cyber World somewhere, and this by no means proves he is physically back. But it's still interesting none the less.

When you jump off the building, you can equip guns but not shoot them or double jump. After I returned to the apartment and equipped Rogues pistol I saved and completely closed out of the game, and when I loaded again I could once again shoot and double jump. I don't think you have to reload but it could possibly be a requirement.

Other things post game I've found but not super interesting.
-There doesn't appear to be a normal way back into the mansion but having the boots I was able to get back in it with a bunch of wall hopping and fancy footwork. -Many NPCs aren't in game. -You can't craft. -Everything that was moved from the apartment to the mansion, is still in the mansion as well. -Judy wasn't in the mansion or her apartment, but her apartment was still filled with her stuff. -All your money is gone. -Vic and Mistys shop icons have been removed and her front door is sealed shut. -There is no "time of day" but you can still move it forward to cycle day and night. -Most TVs if not all don't work, including the one in your apartment.

Last thing I want to test is, I want to take the Epic Katana out of storage at the apartment and see if it removes it from the mansion. It appears to be the same one, but it might just be cosmetic. It's just a lot of work to get back in.
Johnny after game mirror.png

I personally think that Johnny being in the mirror is maybe part of the next step of the game (DLC). I would think it just a bug, but with the voice line, I don't think so. Unless that happens in game sometime and I don't remember and its reusing that sequence. It only happens the first time you look into the mirror, after that it goes back to showing your normal self.

Nah - that scene with johnny actually happens in the apartment mirror earlier in the game - I think it might have glitched because you hadn't done it and just happened to find a way out the end game portion. I think it happens when you hit 50% or something sync.

I don't remember it, but its all a blur at this point after all my binging. Doing another play through right now so I will keen an eye out for it.

Top Bottom