Johnny is a better character than V, IMHO. (Spoilers)

+
I like V's Corpo character the best, he have the most back story, a guy who sacrificed everything to climb up the corpo world, everything except his old friendship with a his buddy Jackie.

V has no character, its a blank individual, which imo is a total waste due to how shallow the RPG mechanics are.

But Jackie is better than Johnny Silverhand.

V has no character, its a blank individual, which imo is a total waste due to how shallow the RPG mechanics are.

But Jackie is better than Johnny Silverhand.

But seriously, none of what you said is true. Well, maybe the last part which is subjective....

[Sard Edit: let's keep it friendly, folks]

Last edited by a moderator:
V is nothing but a Vehicle driving Johnnies Story along.
Personally, V died along with Jackie when Dexter Shot him. After that, he's shoved into another mans life, living out his story.

Johnny's a better character than anyone, period. I'd like to help him blow up that wicked corpo cesspool of a city

I wish I couid JUST change the language for Johnny. The actors they have doing the voice lines for other languages are supposed to be really, really good.

As much as i love old Johnny, nope. You cant touch my female V. Her original voice and the one from my language are incredible.

First class acting from Cherami Leigh and Beatriz Berciano:

MV5BNmQ2NjA4NTItYzY4NS00ZTQwLWJhZDctY2RhNmM1Y2E4MjMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUyMzE5NQ@@._V1_UX178_CR0...jpg
descargar.jpg

Last edited:
I need to disagree.
Johnny is the worst character in Cyberpunk universe.
It's seems to me like an asshole, drunk, terrorist.

Nothing to do with V who is trying to make a living.
Jhonny is (supposely) already rich and famous, so he die like an idiot and make no sense to me.

I need to disagree.
Johnny is the worst character in Cyberpunk universe.
It's seems to me like an asshole, drunk, terrorist.

Nothing to do with V who is trying to make a living.
Jhonny is (supposely) already rich and famous, so he die like an idiot and make no sense to me.
Cheers to that :howdy:! Johnny is the only one who truly cares for NC! Non-assholes don't change history :shrug:

And BTW, it's the Corpos who are the real terrorists...

Last edited:
I can't disagree more. Johnny does it all for "love" (mostly) and there is nothing more rock and roll than rescuing your girl from some evil guys...
If you really get to know him in the game, you see that he cares a lot about his friends and covers everything with irony and black humor to mask his true feelings. Hostility is the only language he really knows.
That he is a womanizer can be morally questionable but it is not something serious either. That he is a drunk and a drug addict are not good values, without an excuse for that, but he is a rocker boy in a dystopian world after all.
Samurai weren't rich btw, Johnny himself says they played in seedy joints. They became more famous after Johnny's death.

Last edited:
I can't disagree more. Johnny does it all for "love" (mostly) and there is nothing more rock and roll than rescuing your girl from some evil guys...
If you really get to know him in the game, you see that he cares a lot about his friends and covers everything with irony and black humor to mask his true feelings. Hostility is the only language he really knows.
That he is a womanizer can be morally questionable but it is not something serious either. That he is a drunk and a drug addict are not good values, without an excuse for that, but he is a rocker boy in a dystopian world after all.
Samurai weren't rich btw, Johnny himself says they played in seedy joints. They became more famous after Johnny's death.
Well put. For me, Johnny is not a true terrorist. The true terrorists are the Corpos and the Corpos only. I see Johnny as a bit of a mix between Kreia and Tyler Durden, with some Iorveth added to that mix

Top Bottom