Johnny Silverhand/ Keanu Reeves

+

Does the announcement of Keanu Reeves change your childhood hero choice?

• I was planning on going with Johnny Silverhand all along!

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I was on the fence but now I'm definitely choosing him!

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I was going to but not anymore!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I'm not going to decide anything until I see all choices at release.

Votes: 60 63.2%
  • I'm a wild one, I'm going to roll the dice and choose randomly!

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I was originally planning (99%) to go with Johnny Silverhand as my childhood hero choice for my first playthrough, depending on whether or not there were more choices added. Now with the announcement of Keanu Reeves in the role, I'm wondering how much, if any, this will affect other people's choices for their first playthrough... (My choice is unlikely to change, to be honest. lol) So, where do you guys stand?

I was planning to go with Johnny all along ... of course this all assumes the options we saw in the demo will still be there come release.

I dunno how to feel about him being in the game tbh.... Ehhh it feels kinda cheap? Don't get me wrong, I still love the game! I'm more concerned about Jackie ;_;

Come now. He is about as perfect face to sell cyberpunk as you could order. Fresh off John Wick 3 that is in theaters and peoples minds right now. The person who played Neo in Matrix and actually played in a Cyberpunk movie "Johnny Mnemonic" based on a William Gibson story back in 1995. Keanu is no stranger to Cyberpunk.

That said, I chose the "I wont choose until I see all the options" option. Still, I gotta applaud whoever planned this presentation.

I'll preface this by saying that I have no issues with Keanu Reeves. By all accounts, he's an angel.

But I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of them introducing such a big name into the game. It'd be one thing if it was just VO, but adding likeness as well? Completely immersion breaking, IMO. Last year, CDPR showed us that they can craft memorable, unique characters (Dum Dum, Dexter D., Stout, Jackie, Vic, etc.). Now when I come across Silverhand in the game, all I can see is Keanu Reeves.

My only hope at this point is that Silverhand plays a small role in the game.

I'll preface this by saying that I have no issues with Keanu Reeves. By all accounts, he's an angel.

But I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of them introducing such a big name into the game. It'd be one thing if it was just VO, but adding likeness as well? Completely immersion breaking, IMO.

Yesss, it's the same for me too! Like, I care more about Jackie than I do Keanu Reeves playing Johnny Silverhand. He's a cool guy and everything, but I didn't ask for this. It's going to be so weird for me lol. At least they didn't use him for the statue in the CE.

Yesss, it's the same for me too! Like, I care more about Jackie than I do Keanu Reeves playing Johnny Silverhand. He's a cool guy and everything, but I didn't ask for this. It's going to be so weird for me lol. At least they didn't use him for the statue in the CE.

Yeah, sure. I thought I felt the same too, that a famous person is immersionbreaking in a game like this.
However, he is actually PLAYING a famous person in the ingame universe. So the way you feel about him, is about the same as V would feel about the in-world Johnny.. So I guess it makes some sort of sense, you know?

Yeah, sure. I thought I felt the same too, that a famous person is immersionbreaking in a game like this.
However, he is actually PLAYING a famous person in the ingame universe. So the way you feel about him, is about the same as V would feel about the in-world Johnny.. So I guess it makes some sort of sense, you know?

I think it be more immersion breaking if he was playing Johnny Mnemonic

Guest 4211861

"we've got a city to burn" - quite the anarchist, isn't he?

let's do some 'keanu reeves cyberpunk' anagrams!

A Cyberpunk Reeves Nuke
Reeves A Cyberpunk Nuke
Reeves Yea Be Crunk Punk
Reeves A Cyberpunk Nuke

hmm the word "nuke" comes up a lot - story spoiler? :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

If CDPR plans to be big tirple a gaming studio, of course they need to bring famous people too. Thats where Im at. Besides, this kind of stuff havent been made before in game industry, sure game industry has used celebs but not to this extent.

I think Gaga and Keanu is pretty damn badass combination.

Basically they are already building hype for their next game, when they use this kind of famous people.

Last edited:

But I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of them introducing such a big name into the game. It'd be one thing if it was just VO, but adding likeness as well? Completely immersion breaking, IMO. Last year, CDPR showed us that they can craft memorable, unique characters (Dum Dum, Dexter D., Stout, Jackie, Vic, etc.). Now when I come across Silverhand in the game, all I can see is Keanu Reeves.

My only hope at this point is that Silverhand plays a small role in the game.

Lol wat that's not gonna happen.

Who said it was about what you asked for? entitled much.

I am more inclined towards Silverhand now. Not necessarily because of Keanu (though he does seem like a swell guy) but because we now know that at least Silverhand is actually in the game (we obviously don't know to what extent) not just a name on a screen that will maybe effect some dialogue.

In the scene below you can see Johnny present during your conversation with the fixer(?). He looks like a hologram or something.

Does this mean he will be our companion? Or is this just his image inside our heads?

johhny.png

Top Bottom