Johnny Silverhand/ Keanu Reeves

+

Does the announcement of Keanu Reeves change your childhood hero choice?

• I was planning on going with Johnny Silverhand all along!

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I was on the fence but now I'm definitely choosing him!

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I was going to but not anymore!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I'm not going to decide anything until I see all choices at release.

Votes: 60 63.2%
  • I'm a wild one, I'm going to roll the dice and choose randomly!

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Considering we're looking at a potentially 200+ hour game(by TW3 standards) and fact that Keanu will most probably be engaged just in the main story arc, I'd say there will be plenty of time without him. So I'm not too worried about this "Keanu fatigue" syndrome :)
200 hrs of gameplay is already quite alot. My Witcher 3 has only less than 150 hrs checked in. But I haven't tried out any TW3 mod.. Hope there's will be modding support or workshop on steam :)))

Morgan Blackhand made with the voice and looks of Mike Pondsmith. Nothing less, nothing more.

I don't know.
I only know little about him outside of the lore I have read and watch from videos. But I know he is not the only one with a different point of view, regarding the world state. I'll have to play into the story to decide. If that will be a thing to do.

In the scene below you can see Johnny present during your conversation with the fixer(?). He looks like a hologram or something.

Does this mean he will be our companion? Or is this just his image inside our heads?

View attachment 11002678
Good call

200 hrs of gameplay is already quite alot. My Witcher 3 has only less than 150 hrs checked in. But I haven't tried out any TW3 mod.. Hope there's will be modding support or workshop on steam :)))
heck add in mod support and easily looking at 400+ hours of gameplay enjoyment

Guest 4149880

In the scene below you can see Johnny present during your conversation with the fixer(?). He looks like a hologram or something.

Does this mean he will be our companion? Or is this just his image inside our heads?

View attachment 11002678

My theory - He's technically dead but his digital soul/memory backup resides in the Net, so the chip implant combined with V's cybernetic eye allow V to see him manifested in the world.

Like a Master Chief/Cortana situation.

My theory - He's technically dead but his digital soul/memory backup resides in the Net, so the chip implant combined with V's cybernetic eye allow V to see him manifested in the world.

This sounds interesting...and possible!

Guest 4149880

This sounds interesting...and possible!

That's why I think he glitches out in the trailer. At first, I thought maybe V was dead/on ice after the shoot out with Dexter, and possibly V's mind was in the Net temporarily. But then if you see the other gameplay clips Silverhand is still in the real world with V too, but appears as a hologram, so I'm going with the former theory.

I think Silverhand may be the Yoda to the players Luke. Maybe appear when he needs to in the story, and the player may be able to use the chip to allow him to hack into isolated networks in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
200+ hrs is too much. I don't want to be too skeptical, but this IS an FPS.
Honestly I think we'll be lucky to get 50+ hours as a first person shooter. But knowing CDPR i'm hopeful for maybe 120+ hrs of game play and an incredible amount of replayability which could triple that number.

200+ hrs is too much. I don't want to be too skeptical, but this IS an FPS.
Honestly I think we'll be lucky to get 50+ hours as a first person shooter. But knowing CDPR i'm hopeful for maybe 120+ hrs of game play and an incredible amount of replayability which could triple that number.
I put 190 hours into fallout4 before mod support added in on ps4 and atleast another 100 after

If Keanu Reeves is Johnny silverhand, is Lady Gaga Lizzy Wizzy? How unusual / possible would that be?

I'll preface this by saying that I have no issues with Keanu Reeves. By all accounts, he's an angel.

But I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of them introducing such a big name into the game. It'd be one thing if it was just VO, but adding likeness as well? Completely immersion breaking, IMO. Last year, CDPR showed us that they can craft memorable, unique characters (Dum Dum, Dexter D., Stout, Jackie, Vic, etc.). Now when I come across Silverhand in the game, all I can see is Keanu Reeves.

My only hope at this point is that Silverhand plays a small role in the game.
It doesn't have to be, just think that it actually IS Keanu Reeves. People think he's immortal anyway...

I don't think I really like well-known actors appearing in video games. Lending their voice, sure, but having their likeness used in the game is just too jarring - it rips me out of the game. Which is very odd, because I don't have that issue with most actors in movies. Maybe it's just that I'm so used to not seeing celebs in video games that I'm balking at having Keanu in Cyberpunk.

That's basically Tales From Borderlands scenario then, won't spoil it for those who haven't played that, but those who have will know what im talking about.
Veery interesting premise though, i dig it.

I don't like the choosing options at the beginning of the the game thing.
I feel like everyone is going to pick Johnny Silverhand unless they happen to know Cyberpunk lore better. Because 'who the hell are the other two? I know Silverhand cause of the teaser and Keanu Reeves.'

Key Life Event and Why Night City are extremely limited and vague choices for a roleplay game. Do these choices even matter within the game? And why does my character have to fit within these choices?

If one of these characters is indeed my Childhood Hero, then, how does it change my character? If Silverhand is my Childhood Hero, would I get the option to play instruments? Will I have different dialogue options because I view things more like Silverhand? What can my character do that showcases that Silverhand is my Childhood Hero, someone my character might have modeled themselves after? What would be different if I chose Blackhand instead?

If there's no actual change for picking these Childhood Heroes, I feel it's just a pointless character creation sheet.
And, if there is a difference within the game from picking these, how much research does Red expect new players to the Cyberpunk universe to do before even creating their character?

Wasnt there Kanye West rumours as well, I wonder if Kanye is one of the celebs too. Maybe the plan is to slowly reveal the celebs and make more hype for the launch.

Top Bottom