Johnny Silverhand/ Keanu Reeves

+

Does the announcement of Keanu Reeves change your childhood hero choice?

• I was planning on going with Johnny Silverhand all along!

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I was on the fence but now I'm definitely choosing him!

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I was going to but not anymore!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I'm not going to decide anything until I see all choices at release.

Votes: 60 63.2%
  • I'm a wild one, I'm going to roll the dice and choose randomly!

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I have heard of JOHNNY SILVERHAND but who is KEANU REEVES?
(I looked him up on youtube, he is some motorcycle guy?)

johnny silverhand cp77.jpg

Post automatically merged:

That would be "some motorcycle guy, who likes guns!"
yea! he got a custom motorcycle compagny with one of his buddy

JOKE-- guess with witch hand johnny silverhand masturbate?-- JOKE

In addition to Reeves in the game I would like Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Adam Jensen and Motoko Kusanagi which seems to appear at the beginning of the last trailer ..

I read that Marvel Universe wants Reeves, so much for Cyberpunk movie at least for now. So this game was a side-thing for Reeves. Whos gonna bet, the new marvel universe chracter is some Cyberpunk dude? Tons of cyberware and stuff.

Oooor, Marvel Studio + Reeves + Cyberpunk = Cyberpunk 2077 Movie, theres still hope, maybe.

Last edited:
Please, no cyberpunk movie, even less if made by Marvel / Disney :(
That's basicaly how you kill a licence (mostly and adult one) and turn it into a bland cash milking cow.
Kinda scared at the moment about how Cyberpunk is turning.
I mean, I've seen an interview I can link you where Mike Pondsmith himself told "you know, to be sucessful you need to stop loving your own baby" (made me think about Cyberpunk V3...).
I hope they will keep the edge and not turning Cyberpunk into an innofensive super-hero media, which was everything it wasn't intended to be at first.
Same goes for Cyberpunk red, I'll grab it mostly for the lore, but I've a bad feeling most of the "core" stuff (grittiness, edge, realism, violence) has been dumbed down to appeal to the braindead call of duty audience...

I mean, Cyberpunk aims to put you in the underdog shoes in an ultracapitalist world in which they sell you air in bottles because the one you breath is too fucked up. I doubt either Marvel, Disney or Warner Bros really like those kind of stuff (given they're the one acting like this, mostly Disney).
They'll turn it into something innofensive I'm affraid.
"Oh no, don't criticize corporations... What about a cool immortality plot?"

While they're all "cyberpunk is about saving yourself", feels like fallout 4 style of forcing your hand all the way.

I read that Marvel Universe wants Reeves, so much for Cyberpunk movie at least for now. So this game was a side-thing for Reeves. Whos gonna bet, the new marvel universe chracter is some Cyberpunk dude? Tons of cyberware and stuff.

Oooor, Marvel Studio + Reeves + Cyberpunk = Cyberpunk 2077 Movie, theres still hope, maybe.
This is just my opinion, and is not meant to offend anyone. I personally don't like the style or the way of doing things that disney has been doing, basically the style and direction with most of their movies. I feel like they just didn't make me feel excited about the movies. I thought they were all watchable and entertaining, but none of them were movies I would go back and watch again. I thought Venom was a very cool movie, and it's probably the only one I really felt did some things good, but still felt it was lacking. I love Keanu Reeves, he is all our bro's. I love Cyberpunk2077, it's going to be the best game since videogames became real. I feel Keanu Reeves is great doing his own thing, and john wick/matrix/constantine stuff, because it fits so good and he always does such a great job. I don't doubt in any way Keanu Reeves ability to just be awesome at everything he does, but I feel like he doesn't deserve to be plopped into Marvel/Disney because Marvel/Disney will not properly use Keanu Reeves talents, and they will never properly do him justice to his full potential. What I mean to say is that I think Keanu Reeves is TOO GOOD for Marvel/Disney, and I don't want him to do that when he could stick to thing that he did in the past that were very successful, and of course I already love what I have seen of his role in Cyberpunk2077. He's just such a great and talented humble absolute bro and I love him as a bro. I don't want to on an individual level, personally be selfish and say "yea yea keanu marvel disney!" I want to think of the bigger picture and hope and pray he aims for Quality (like he has been for a very long time) and not "Disney/Marvel Quantity".

I hope this makes sense. Please feel free to ask me any questions so I can clarify. Peace. :)

This is just my opinion, and is not meant to offend anyone. I personally don't like the style or the way of doing things that disney has been doing, basically the style and direction with most of their movies. I feel like they just didn't make me feel excited about the movies. I thought they were all watchable and entertaining, but none of them were movies I would go back and watch again. I thought Venom was a very cool movie, and it's probably the only one I really felt did some things good, but still felt it was lacking. I love Keanu Reeves, he is all our bro's. I love Cyberpunk2077, it's going to be the best game since videogames became real. I feel Keanu Reeves is great doing his own thing, and john wick/matrix/constantine stuff, because it fits so good and he always does such a great job. I don't doubt in any way Keanu Reeves ability to just be awesome at everything he does, but I feel like he doesn't deserve to be plopped into Marvel/Disney because Marvel/Disney will not properly use Keanu Reeves talents, and they will never properly do him justice to his full potential. What I mean to say is that I think Keanu Reeves is TOO GOOD for Marvel/Disney, and I don't want him to do that when he could stick to thing that he did in the past that were very successful, and of course I already love what I have seen of his role in Cyberpunk2077. He's just such a great and talented humble absolute bro and I love him as a bro. I don't want to on an individual level, personally be selfish and say "yea yea keanu marvel disney!" I want to think of the bigger picture and hope and pray he aims for Quality (like he has been for a very long time) and not "Disney/Marvel Quantity".

I hope this makes sense. Please feel free to ask me any questions so I can clarify. Peace. :)

Ah, quite right. I did mean Arkham Knight. Thanks for the correction.

Joker's role was far more antagonistic than I expect Silverhand's role to be, but Joker did indeed serve an important role in Arkham Knight's story. Crucial, in fact. Not only does he give background, but there's one more important, often misunderstood moment:

The jest of Arkham Knight is that Batman is chasing after a terrorist spreading a fear toxin that weakens your mind. At the same time, Batman is also infected by Joker stemcells, which are slowly taking over his mind and giving him hallucinations of Joker, who is now "stuck in his head". The terrorist's toxins are helping Joker to come out, since they're weakening Batman.

In the end, Batman gets captured and is about to get poisoned by the fear terrorist, while Joker is getting too strong to resist.

Batman's solution? LET joker take over, just as the terrorist is about to poison him.

Result: It's Joker who gets poisoned by the toxin, which weaken Joker, allowing batman to take back control. Much to the frustration of the terrorist, Batman used Joker as a shield. "Why aren't you scared?" @41:07

Rather brilliant actually, and pretty much my gold standard for what you can do with this trope.

Can't wait to see if CDPR can match it of if they'll do something similar with Silverhand.
That was incredible. I hope Johnny Silverhand is never in the role of a villain or bad guy though.

Last edited:

That was incredible. I hope Johnny Silverhand is never in the role of a villain or bad guy though.

I personally hope if they do Cyberpunk Movie, its group-investment from game industry companies, I know EA does movies, Ubisoft TV-shows, CDPR TV-shows, Square has movies. Shouldnt game industry be ready for this? Push first big movie out. But yeah, if we dont get Reeves, whos gonna replace him? The movie is doomed to fail already.

I personally hope if they do Cyberpunk Movie, its group-investment from game industry companies, I know EA does movies, Ubisoft TV-shows, CDPR TV-shows, Square has movies. Shouldnt game industry be ready for this? Push first big movie out. But yeah, if we dont get Reeves, whos gonna replace him? The movie is doomed to fail already.
I'm not really interested in a movie personally, because CyberPunk2077 is better than a movie, because it's like a movie you get to do things in. If for some reason there was ever a movie, I would never watch it no matter how good it seemed unless it was only made by CDPR/GOG, and touched by nobody else in any way shape or form, 100% CDPR only, and only used Keanu Reeves. That would be the only way to be honest, or I would never go near it. But really, I hope they only focus on the game.

I'm not really interested in a movie personally, because CyberPunk2077 is better than a movie, because it's like a movie you get to do things in. If for some reason there was ever a movie, I would never watch it no matter how good it seemed unless it was only made by CDPR/GOG, and touched by nobody else in any way shape or form, 100% CDPR only, and only used Keanu Reeves. That would be the only way to be honest, or I would never go near it. But really, I hope they only focus on the game.

I doubt if CDPR has the money to do a movie. Even Need for Speed cost 66 mill and it was so simple movie, nicely it made 200 mill. Blizzard is doing a decent job with Warcraft, budget 160 mill and made 430.

Im not that into movies, I havent even watched Warcraft yet. I definitely prefer games.

I doubt if CDPR has the money to do a movie. Even Need for Speed cost 66 mill and it was so simple movie, nicely it made 200 mill. Blizzard is doing a decent job with Warcraft, budget 160 mill and made 430.

Im not that into movies, I havent even watched Warcraft yet. I definitely prefer games.
I'm confused, Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? :shrug:

Top Bottom