Johnny Subtitle Bug

+
I have a bug with Jonny. The subtitle from his quote as seen in the picture won't disappear. They are stuck on the screen and follow me around. Everytime I load the game or fast travel anywhere I can hear him repeat the voice line. It creates problems as it seems like when people call me their first line is muted always thanks to Jonnys line. Does anyone have a work around to get rid of it?

Do not want to go back as I have about 3h in the game before the bugge occurred. I have tried to respond to the game. I have tried to restart the computer. Nothing seems work.

Bugged.PNG

I literally have the same problem. That subtitle line that Johnny said, is stuck and it wont leave. Its so frustrating seeing that

1607752413717.png

Hey,
This Johnny Silverhand line just dont go away. I tried reloading the game but as soon as i spawn he says it again and it gets stuck. Other subtitles of other conversations simply overlap with this one.
Post automatically merged:

My solution for now probably will be deactivating all subtitles...
Post automatically merged:

Have fixed it taking subtitles off and on again.

Last edited:
I found a work around on my own. Follow these steps and it might work for you.

1. Go into sound and turn off all subtitles.

2. Make a new save.

3. Go and die and reload the save you just made.

4. Turn back on the subtitles.

5. Go and die once more and reload the save.

6. After that it was gone. It worked.

I found a work around on my own. Follow these steps and it might work for you.

1. Go into sound and turn off all subtitles.

2. Make a new save.

3. Go and die and reload the save you just made.

4. Turn back on the subtitles.

5. Go and die once more and reload the save.

6. After that it was gone. It worked.

i cant get this to work for me but it seems to be because the subtitle settings reset to on on a save load

I have the same problem with the same line. The subtitles linger, yes, and disabling and re-enabling subtitles in-game clears it up... But the main problem is that he repeats the line every time after loading or travelling, so it keeps going on and on.

EDIT2: I thought it had fixed while progressing with the main story but as soon as I came back to my apartment and reloaded there it happened again.

Last edited:
Hey, I had a problem where Jackie repeats the same lines over the phone 4x times and when I hang up , it calls him automatically and he says the same thing.... But walking around lead to this bug just disappearing

Hi, i am from brazil, i am playing cyberpunk 2077 in ps5 and i have been having problems on one specific subtitle from silverhand that keep showing up everytime i reload or load, and it nerver disapper, forcing me to disable the subtitles everytime, could you please fix it?

Attachments

• 16077986089853353909523982772397.jpg
    16077986089853353909523982772397.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 324
Did you already try this?

Not sure if changing the subtitle language and then saving the game changes anything (after a while you could try switching back to your language)?

Did you try loading a save game before talking to Jonny?

Anyhow, if that doesn't change anything, please send a ticket to support:

I have this same issue on PC, running the game in English. I have attempted to load saves from before I originally encountered the line, and it offers only a temporary fix. However, the voiceline and subtitle eventually trigger in different locations in the Night City and subtitles get stuck.

The voice line also repeats every time time a save is loaded, it is driving me absolutely nuts. I'm starting to hate Johnny just because I have to listen to his comment on repeat each time I relaunch the game. And the subtitle always gets stuck until I switch subtitles on or off. It doesn't matter if I turn subtitles off pre-emptively, it still shows up for this one line.

I just want to know what is wrong and if I have to restart the game, purge all the data and reinstall it, or if this can be fixed after it is already stuck on a save. I really don't want to keep playing when there's a reasonable chance I will lose 16+ hours of game progress.

//edit. already verified game files, and as I said, already went back to before I first heard this line - it didn't show up in a sensible context, and Johnny wasn't visible when it popped up the first time.

Attachments

• houseisrakin.jpg
    houseisrakin.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 275
I have this same issue, and returning to a save before the line was first encountered DOES NOT HELP. Yes, it makes the line go away for a moment, but this one triggers again in other locations in the Night City (first when approaching Gig: Last Login (in Little China), and again after loading an earlier save and skipping the aforementioned quest when leaving Watson for Japan Town. The line got stuck again, no changes there.
Even loading the first save after prologue does not make the line not appear and get stuck. I do not know if replaying the Heist would change anything, but it's a lot of gameplay and choices to repeat for potentially no reward.

Changing subtitle settings makes the subtitles disappear until the next reload, but after both the voiceline and the subtitles return even if subtitles are turned off.

//edit. The line is "Ha. House is rakin' it in. Wonder what the boss has to say about it." for people unable to open image files.

Attachments

• houseisrakin.jpg
    houseisrakin.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 182
Jumping in here to say that I also have this problem. There's also another thread on the same problem, but contrary to the title, it's not solved yet.

Have same issue. Sometimes it does not show after loading save, sometimes it always does. Seems this is because trigger for this line fires in some locations or other conditions.

I'm having this same problem as mentioned above. Plays and stays stuck up after loading every save. Super annoying
Please fix it, it's ruining the playthrough.

1607817854395.png

I have the same bug, cant get it to stop, have tried to turn off the subtitle but as soon as i load a game it comes on again even thou the sub are off...

I have this bug too. It's really annoying. The only permanent fix I found is to load the save before it happened, but unfortunately I progressed a lot, I don't want to complete all the quests again. I did some investigation, the bug occurs every time as you enter Downtown district for the frist time right afer Dino Dinovic calls you. I tried, it happens always. May be helpful for devs. Here's recreation of the bug:

Same issue on pc. Loads everytime I start the game, even at the same time as someone else is speaking which makes it so I can't understand anything

Attachments

• 16078323067787200877479947089354.jpg
    16078323067787200877479947089354.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,066
Top Bottom