Johnny Subtitle Bug

+
There is a stuck subtitle. It's from Johnny and it's saying something about brains red to jello. I think I got it in Pacifica, during a side quest. And it doesn't desapear no matter what. Anyone could help??

Getting the same issue but not just with Silverhand. Any dialog can randomly get frozen on the screen even though I'm playing with all subs off. :shrug: It is simply fixed going into settings an enable...disable subs again, the texts goes away but any dialogue is just as prone to getting stuck. Annoying but I'm still playing. :LOL: *glares at Johnny* Glitchy tech that won't go away sounds about right for 2077.

Yup, same bug here, really just commenting so I can keep coming back and checking for a fix. I've tried everything in this thread, some work, but only temporarily.

Johnny: "Poor bastard. His output's prolly out in Albuquerque waitin', unaware little Jero's brain turned to jelly."

I had the same issue and fixed it by going to main menu and starting a new game. After the intro scene I immediately loaded my bugged savegame. Johnny did not repeat his line. It was simply gone. Try it out.

Last edited:
A very simple solution that worked for me.

Simply toggle off, and then back ON the Cinematic Subtitles in Settings - and it will be gone.

I had the same problem from mission a Dakota -dancing on a minefield- , so i went back to the place where he spoke, and johny finished the dialogue. i hope this helps
GGs

For me I had this bug as well, the solution was to do a quest that will have dialogue with Johnny, after which the sticker dialogue will be overwritten and disappears.

Don't bother trying to "permanently" fix this issue, it will always come back with different lines (i got several lines of Johnny's stuck on screen from time to time, and now with V), the only "temporal" fix is to turn off and on subtitle each time you load a save .

Hope CDPR fix this soon, its so immersion breaking.
2020-12-20 14_47_42-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED subtitle bug.jpg

As I explained on another post, in Cyberpunk 2077, all speeches are character-related. Just try to continue your adventure (disable and re-enable subtitles to make Johnny quote disappear) and the problem will fix itself as soon as you encounter another Johnny dialogue (or random speech with the rocker AI). I tried on my PS4 Pro and it worked properly! Hope this can help you too! :ok:

When I load a save I have dialogue from subtitles stuck at the bottom of my screen. Even if I turn off subtitles it is still stuck there. If I load an old save it's gone but when I save again and load that NEW save it is back. It is always the same line of dialogue. Anyone have this or know what to try to fix it? Thank you.

When I load a save I have dialogue from subtitles stuck at the bottom of my screen. Even if I turn off subtitles it is still stuck there. If I load an old save it's gone but when I save again and load that NEW save it is back. It is always the same line of dialogue. Anyone have this or know what to try to fix it? Thank you.
Is this happening with that line when Johnny says "Poor bastard [etc...]"?
I think that glitch happens on that quest, I kept disabling subtitles, closing the menu and enabling again. The glitch was very persistent when reloading, but now it's not happening anymore after many hours and quicksaves. If you can make it disappear for a some time, then do it and hope for it to be fixed. That's all we can do for now :(

Ya it's a Johnny line.. about the House braking even and what will the boss think about that.. or something like that.
Ok I'll just spam turning subs on and off and see if that helps. Saving and reloading has not helped. Only good thing is it seem only tied to this V's game.

It happens frequently. Best way to get rid of it in my experience is quicksave, then exit to Main menu, then continue from your quicksave. Always worked for me.

It happens frequently. Best way to get rid of it in my experience is quicksave, then exit to Main menu, then continue from your quicksave. Always worked for me.
I was not able to get this to work always comes back on a new save.
Spaming subs on and off seems to be fixing it for now.. but it ALWAYS comes back on new save. Blah :p

Since it's the cursed Johnny Subtitle again, I moved it to the existing thread.

Other than reporting this issue, there's not that much we can do at this point:

That being said, there are possible solutions in this thread...

I was not able to get this to work always comes back on a new save.
Spaming subs on and off seems to be fixing it for now.. but it ALWAYS comes back on new save. Blah :p
Try a full game exit then. That is what I used to do until I realized the main menu exit worked just a s well. Hopefully that will work for you.

Same bug, tried the things in this thread (completing monster hunter quest, die and reload) and no fix. I keep multiple save files (especially for buggy games) and I even went back far enough that this didn't happen and it still eventually showed up again when I progressed far enough. Every time I load Johnny says the same "house raking it in" line...

**Edit 1**
I closed the "Monster Hunter" job and got paid, but the issue didn't go away. However, I later read the text from Regina closing the job (not necessary to get the quest rewards) and progressed further through the game (including some interactions with Keanu), and later noticed the issue was gone...

**Edit 2**
...And it's back! Weird... Started up again shortly after I made a stop in my apartment. loading a save prior to that did not help.

Last edited:
I also got the "Ha, the house is" bug. One thing I discovered is that this only triggered for me if the loaded save starts me in Little China, Watson. Haven't tested other spawn location in Watson yet. City center and Westbrook were safe to spawn from.

Top Bottom