Johnny

+

Guest 3973540

GenLiu;n7443450 said:
I don't think it's a good plan to use Johnny on a gold card if you don't have a clear tactic in mind.
I agree, but in my case, it wasn't a plan, I just got him from the deck in round 3. Needing to play Aard as last card, I hoped maybe Johnny allows to skip his ability. Alas, no.
Lim3zer0;n7443420 said:
Johnny can also be useful if you can mill through your entire deck consistently in one match, that way you can play him and get your card back.
Johnny and consistency do not belong in one sentence, imo...

xiong2mao;n7451760 said:
I agree, but in my case, it wasn't a plan, I just got him from the deck in round 3. Needing to play Aard as last card, I hoped maybe Johnny allows to skip his ability. Alas, no.
No unfortunately this is not a "may" ability. This is the only type of situation where he can be a problem, this is why I never wait long before using him (but of course, you can get him as a top deck. Strangely, he can make either a terrible or an amazing top deck).

It's also not that wise to use him too early. It's best to wait till you know you have a card (hopefully gold or silver) that you are not likely going to use so you reroll it. You should never forget that you have him in your hand. If he is really helpless on any card, you probably have to wait till the last card...

Guest 3973540

After some time, I came to appreciate Johnny a lot. With him, you can:
1) adapt - obviously
2) use 5 golds per game with Ciri, or get rid of likely "dead" gold like Ciri or Zoltan when playing against Radovid or if they came in the 3rd round
3) anticipate opponent's moves: As soon as I get a glimpse on the opponent's strategy and can decide which card is less likely to play (e.g. ST and 1st 2 moves are no dwarves - Igni is less useful), I sometimes already use Johnny. Got opp's Isengrim? He is nearly a waste for my monsters but at least I know what to expect in the next round (e.g. I can't tactically pass for fear of being overpowered with Isengrim in the next round).

One case where I decided not to have him is when playing ST with Broover. Because Broover has access to all silvers, it makes less sense to use Johnny on silvers; the silver slots must be powerful game deciders and with immediate action.

Knightlon;n7431430 said:
So that is the trouble!

Good synergy I saw yesterday was: First round, first player: Milva -> brings up Roach, Roach gets returned to your hand; second round: Johnny on Roach -> different silver card and Roach back in the deck and card advantage.

Otherwise Johnny bringing the same card or different color card is a known bug.

Sinergy is a nice way to call the absolutely abusive OP that milva is.

Top Bottom