Johnny's items don't get "used up" when you upgrade their tier.

+
So upgrading Johnny's stuff (like jacket or pants) doesn't use up the original item when you make the higher tier item.
The main problem being that you're now stuck with two of them.

And unlike all other iconic stuff, you can't dismantle them or sell them or drop them. So you're just stuck.
There needs to be a way to clear those out.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, they also can't be put into your stash for some reason.

Attachments

• Jacket.GIF
    Jacket.GIF
    24.8 KB · Views: 457
Go into your crafting menu. You should see an blueprint in the purple section that needs the blue item as an ingredient.
Then switch screens and come back (because the UI is horrifically done) and you'll see a blueprint for the legendary item that will need the purple as an ingredient.

Well, they don't weigh that much fortunately. But it is annoying.

It's also very strange considering that they happily let you destroy other iconic items. But I guess it's because Johnny's stuff is marked as a special item. They need to fix it anyway.

I also have this problem but would lose a week of saves to rollback to when I didn't try to proc legendary johnny's pants with 4 slots ... so now I have 200 lbs of weight I can't get rid of. Please help!

This seems to be a problem with a Crafting perk.
(The one that gives you a chance to upgrade for free)

I've had the same problem, but only with a single iconic gun and it seems that, when you get the free upgrade with an iconic, you'll get stuck with the lower quality iconic, since iconics are 'protected' in a certain way, especially Johnny's items (can't store them).

OP must have been really 'unlucky' to trigger the free upgrade twice on the same item.
This needs a fix for sure. Also, just let us store Johnny's items. And disable scrapping and selling for all iconics.

Attachments

• crash1.PNG
    crash1.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 355
  • crash2.PNG
    crash2.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 368
This bug really sucks for those of us who upgraded a ton of Johnny's stuff for a chance at more mod slots, and now have 8 legendary jackets, 8 legendary shoes, 8 legendary pants, etc.. That weight starts adding up when each jacket weighs 3 units.

That ends up being a lot of wasted inventory slots on gear that I can't sell, can't put in my car's trunk, can't put in my apartment storage, can't dismantle, and can't even drop!

This bug really sucks for those of us who upgraded a ton of Johnny's stuff for a chance at more mod slots, and now have 8 legendary jackets, 8 legendary shoes, 8 legendary pants, etc.. That weight starts adding up when each jacket weighs 3 units.

That ends up being a lot of wasted inventory slots on gear that I can't sell, can't put in my car's trunk, can't put in my apartment storage, can't dismantle, and can't even drop!
I agree, incredibly frustrating.

Well, that you have 8 is kinda your fault :)

But yeah, if the bug wasnt there, you wouldnt even be able to craft 8.

Top Bottom