Johnny's last ride a year ago (spoiler)

+
I know the radio said this, how Johnny Silverhand had his last ride a year ago.

But the whole story with Johnny attacking Arasaka Tower in 2023 and detonating a nuke in it comes from Cyberpunk 2020 lore, and unless they are very recently retconned, is it an oversight or is there something more to it?

Or was the radio announcement about Johnny's last ride a year ago a bug?

msxyz

Forum regular
If I understood correctly some people think that Johnny never died. A bit like people claiming that Hitler never died back in Berlin and that he was seen hanging around somewhere under false identity. In the US there is also a legend like this about Elvis Presley (a musician, no less, like Johnny) with people reportedly claiming to having spotted him around somewhere. I guess people fascinated or obsessed with certain figures cannot accept the most simple of truths, that everyone sooner or later dies.

If I understood correctly some people think that Johnny never died. A bit like people claiming that Hitler never died back in Berlin and that he was seen hanging around somewhere under false identity. In the US there is also a legend like this about Elvis Presley (a musician, no less, like Johnny) with people reportedly claiming to having spotted him around somewhere. I guess people fascinated or obsessed with certain figures cannot accept the most simple of truths, that everyone sooner or later dies.

I feel it had to be an oversight because Johnny disappearing after nuking Arasaka Tower is pretty established from Cyberpunk 2020. Unless CDPR wanted to retcon that but then decided not to?

msxyz

Forum regular
I feel it had to be an oversight because Johnny disappearing after nuking Arasaka Tower is pretty established from Cyberpunk 2020.
You used the correct term: "disappearing". The body was never found. Hence a number of individual could assume he's still alive somewhere. Like I said, even our "real" world is full of these legends surrounding important/controversial figures.

You used the correct term: "disappearing". The body was never found. Hence a number of individual could assume he's still alive somewhere. Like I said, even our "real" world is full of these legends surrounding important/controversial figures.

there is a slight possibility Johnny isn't completely dead. We never confirm the body. and something from cyberpunk red is a mystery. I doubt it, but maybe..

In the US there is also a legend like this about Elvis Presley (a musician, no less, like Johnny) with people reportedly claiming to having spotted him around somewhere.
Yep. According to J. Gray from R. Talsorian Games this is the angle played here IIRC.

Top Bottom