Join the Gold Rush!

+
Join the Gold Rush!

Gather the world’s best heroes and join the Gold Rush – a new Special Arena mode! Starting today, if you choose to play with the Special: Gold Rush ruleset, you will be able to build your deck with Gold cards ONLY.

The event ends at 10.00 AM CEST on May 22nd. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Thanks for this CDPR. Had a good laugh when my opponent accidentaly scorched his 28 point Vainglory with Yennefer: Enchantress in R3. Hope this mode sticks for longer than May 22nd.

A pauper tourney with only bronzes will arguably be more fun though many will welcome this event. Too bad about a quarter of the golds will be garbage so hopefully they won't all appear together at the same time as your opponents draw Nova('s) or Shupe.

Marginal0;n10925384 said:
A pauper tourney with only bronzes will arguably be more fun though many will welcome this event. Too bad about a quarter of the golds will be garbage so hopefully they won't all appear together at the same time as your opponents draw Nova('s) or Shupe.
Would love a Pauper Tourney or Peasants revolt, whatever they choose to call it.

wow, you did a drastic thing.
winner having a lot of tibor and vilgeforts.
its a simple.

the arena mode is always broken. new rule only takes a broken more and more.
necessary one is coordinated.
example: number of sheets restrictions of the gold and silver

:eredinfacepalm:

Last edited:
surprisingly funny cause weather is strong in this one! and its not only points spamming! nice event cdpr; thanks. idea of a common only (without the rare commons) is interesting too. bring it on...

Finally a breeze of fresh air. Having tons of fun with this event. Insane decks and combos all the way! LOL

This is really cool! The lols in this event are priceless. Keep this up and September will be here before we know it. Great job.

i am not arena player but i really love what you try to do for players to enjoy the game.thx cd proj

Ay, rather an entertaining mode -- can't win a single match so far -- but amusing.

Nine consecutive defeats, and counting. . .

Last edited:
giorno;n10946075 said:
wow, you did a drastic thing.
winner having a lot of tibor and vilgeforts.
its a simple.

the arena mode is always broken. new rule only takes a broken more and more.
necessary one is coordinated.
example: number of sheets restrictions of the gold and silver

:eredinfacepalm:

I've just gone 9-1 with deck with zero Tibors, zero Dandelions: Vainglory/Poet, one Dijkstra and 2 Vilges. Leader was Hillock

The key cards were Golden froth to counter weather, Stefan -> Unicorn combo, gold weather and Birna. I also had 2 Mirunas but they got almost always killed but even though Miruna can still be very strong in this mod.

I mean yeah, it's nice to have 25+ pts cards like Tibor/Vainglory but it is also very easy to counter them with gigni, Shirru, Vilge etc.

Sariel_;n10946390 said:
I've just gone 9-1 with deck with zero Tibors, zero Dandelions: Vainglory/Poet, one Dijkstra and 2 Vilges. Leader was Hillock

The key cards were Golden froth to counter weather, Stefan -> Unicorn combo, gold weather and Birna. I also had 2 Mirunas but they got almost always killed but even though Miruna can still be very strong in this mod.

I mean yeah, it's nice to have 25+ pts cards like Tibor/Vainglory but it is also very easy to counter them with gigni, Shirru, Vilge etc.

It is all fine in this mod event in my opinion. Luck factor still plays a role as usual. it is in the classic mode where you happen to draft 3 golds and 15 bronzes ( it happens to me frequently), and the opponent has 9 or 10 golds. Guess who is going between the 2 to complete all nine wins in classic mode?

With a low amount of golds drafted, usually I manage to win the first 4-5 matches, but beyond that, are the decks with high golds numbers drafted.

Some drafting restriction should be reviewed in the classic indeed to make it a bit fairer. Otherwise, you just wasting ores redrafting and redrafting until you get enough golds to be competitive with those lucky ones.

Last edited:
Just tested this new mode and loving it!

Lost all my matches so far, but it's still so much fun =) I have always loved to play with special kinds of decks, so I really enjoy this event. Can't wait to see what else the future will bring to us :p

rrc

Forum veteran
What happens if I craft a deck in this mode and I come back and play after a month? Will I be matched against normal mode? Or I won't get any opponent and will be forced to break the contract (BTW, what happens if one breaks the arena contract? Will they still get the reward for the wins till then? Or nothing?)

rrc;n10946555 said:
What happens if I craft a deck in this mode and I come back and play after a month? Will I be matched against normal mode? Or I won't get any opponent and will be forced to break the contract (BTW, what happens if one breaks the arena contract? Will they still get the reward for the wins till then? Or nothing?)

You should definitely finish the run before the event is over, otherwise your deck is gone. You might get the reward for the amount of wins you achieved up to that point, but it's safer to just break your contract if you know you won't be able to finish your run. And yes, breaking the contract gives you what you have earned up to that point.

Top Bottom