Join the new Faction Challenge!

+

New Faction Challenge is live!

The faction whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting faction-specific benefits to all players for a limited time:
  • a chance to stock up on faction Card Kegs in Shupe's Shop
  • +50% bonus XP when playing as the winning faction in any game mode (and +40%/+30% for the second/third place factions!)

The Challenge will last until Wednesday, June 19th, 12 PM (noon) CEST.

––––––––––––

How to participate?
  1. Log in to the game.
  2. Select the faction you wish to support via the Faction Challenge popup or the Quests tab.
  3. Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards: Faction Kegs and Reward Points.
* Games played or won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.

Riiight. Last time I played, 60% of all opponents were already playing Nilfgaard - and this was just in casual. Luckily I didn't see any Anna Henriettas and I just skipped all the Ardals, as there's some things leaders just shouldn't be able to do, but nonetheless I saw six out of ten opponents already playing black with the usual cards. Wonder what I should choose...

I like, that Gwent developers are presenting faction competition to players, so there could be done something on greater level, something, that is not about players individually, but rather about groups of players competing for their favourite colours. It has something in it like supporting your favourite football team, ice hockey team or any other sport team during world championship. It is thrilling to participate in that "greater than one player" experience.

However there is significant factor of those challenges, which I dislike more and more and it almost nullifies above mentioned entertainment. How would you feel, if world championships in football or ice hockey would have been decided by number of fans of national teams? At example imagine ... "And today, in the final match of football world championship 2020 between USA and China supported USA 5000 people and China 6500 people. So score before final match starts is 1500 in favour of China and actual goals on field will be added to that score."

As I described above, faction challenges are more popularity contest, rather than actual competition. Even if players of certain faction fight like lions with inhuman strenght, they will not stand a chance against sheer numbers of some other worse performing, but more numerous group. I would much more prefer competition rather than popularity voting.

In previous challenge, @Dominika asked for suggestions about future faction challenges. I presented mine in https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...erdog-leader-challenge.11006179/post-11536303
I think, there is really needed to ensure even starting conditions for all participants.

I will participate in this faction challenge again, I like it all in all, it just is very much less interesting and very mch less entertaining, than it could have been for me.

@rrc I am sorry, mate, I already made my contract for supporting Scoia'tael in all previous faction challenges and this time, I will for the first time support Monsters. Nonetheless, I wish you good luck and wish Scoia'tael to perform well.

Good luck in faction challenge to everybody. :)

New Faction Challenge is live!
The faction whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting faction-specific benefits to all players for a limited time

Thanks to CDPR for this! The faction events are great!

Gives some players the chance to accrue some much needed reward points, and it is something generally fun to participate in. It encourages players to try new things and experiment as well.

I chose Northern Realms, a faction I haven't played for quite some time, and I chose to make a new deck with Adda as a leader, a leader I've almost never used. Perhaps this event will convince me that NR is worthwhile playing, because when I last played them it felt the opposite way. But, it's my personal favourite faction.
Post automatically merged:

I saw six out of ten opponents already playing black with the usual cards. Wonder what I should choose...

Choose the North!

Go Green of course!
Haha! I'll do! Didn't start Gwent yet, but I'm planning to support ST this time, esp. if I'm allowed to play that super strange Eldain trap deck I created out of fun and am now really enjoying!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Yesterday i brought in mind the challenge we had last month (the leader challenge) and wanted to post on forums for a this month's one and today reading this, that timing CDPR ;)

Just noticed: Best of this little event update is that milling all cards finally works again! That was a real pita, so I'm glad it's working now.

How to change faction I am playing monsters and want to change to green, already completed part 1 tho..

Just noticed: Best of this little event update is that milling all cards finally works again! That was a real pita, so I'm glad it's working now.

It's not connected to this event nor update at all. It's next stage of previous announcement.

It's not connected to this event nor update at all. It's next stage of previous announcement.
You know that any behaviour of a game has to be programmed, right? That the client doesn't magically learn which units are immune to milling without an algorithm?

You know that any behaviour of a game has to be programmed, right? That the client doesn't magically learn which units are immune to milling without an algorithm?

Yes, I know it has to be programmed, but I was able to mill my cards on Monday. Ability to mill cards is done by support and they are going account by account, so the date is different for each of us.

rrc

Forum veteran
I'm going to light my Skellige thread on fire when ("/if") Skellige wins the faction challenge.
Just to give you a heads-up, SK has never won any challenge, ever, until now. I don't know the current state. When I joined the challenge (of course choosing ST), it showed NG #1 and I didn't login after that.

Whatever is the current state of the leaderboard, it will be the same until the end. So, if SK is #1 now, well, congratulations SK for your first win!

Top Bottom