Join the new Faction Challenge!

+
Just to give you a heads-up, SK has never won any challenge, ever, until now. I don't know the current state. When I joined the challenge (of course choosing ST), it showed NG #1 and I didn't login after that.

Where can you see the current status?

Just to give you a heads-up, SK has never won any challenge, ever, until now. I don't know the current state. When I joined the challenge (of course choosing ST), it showed NG #1 and I didn't login after that.

Whatever is the current state of the leaderboard, it will be the same until the end. So, if SK is #1 now, well, congratulations SK for your first win!
And that would be a strong sign - the first challenge where I DON'T fight for Skellige and it results in a win? That would be a tough lesson learned:p

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've actually betrayed my dear Skellige this time too.

For purely materialistic reasons - already have all faction challenge borders and titles for SK, NR and NG from the beta (where it was easier to get them), so this time im playing for Monsters.

In the quest menu, you can click on the faction challenge.

Ooh, thanks. I'm on PS4 and the quest menu is not easy to navigate, but after looking a bit closer I see the "result" button.

Northern Realms 5th, how disappointing.. My faction of choice and my chosen faction for this event. Nilfgaard which I normally play at #1. Seems I made a bad choice there.

rrc

Forum veteran
Once #1, it will remain #1. You can take a screenshot of the result page on day 1 and at the last day it would still be the same. With all the known bugs in counting the points and full-filling the contracts, I think we deserve to know the current points of each faction. Or at least at the end. I don't think it is healthy to just be kept in the blind about the contributions players do to their favorite factions.

Honestly, I don't think the points are even counted properly and whatever is the status on the day 1 will just remain the same till the end. At this point, it is useless for any other faction's players (other than NG) to actually play for the favorite faction with hope that their faction will win (or even rank up by one step). The final score would be this:
#1 NG
#2 ST
#3 SK
#4 MO
#5 NR
which is the score today and I believe it was the score on day 1.

Just play to fulfill the contracts and get the borders and avatars, but not with the hope that your contributions will be counted and your faction may rank up. Good Luck.

Actually I don't regret chosing Northern Realms. I wanted those factions kegs and it was interesting to try Northern Realms again. The new cards added in Crimson Curse are real good bronze cards that must be removed/locked. If they are, it frees up the gold plays for the later game, if not, they are powerful. The order ability works really well with the Crimson cards.

Just so sad they seem to end up in 5th place.

I wonder if I have enough time to finish all five quests; the fifth one looks like it'll take a long while. And the fourth... I don't even have decks for three of the base set Leaders -- I suppose it's high time to fix that.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Draconifors I dont know how much free time you have, but the 5 quests can be done pretty quickly, the only one that can cause problems is the one where you have to win with all base leaders.

I just wiped something quickly for each, nothing out of the box. But since you're NG it's even easier you can just build a standard NG deck and just change leader after each win, since all base NG leaders work well with it.

But since you're NG
Oh, I've mentioned my chosen faction often enough.
iorvethvictory_small.png

I have all weekend (starting now) to play so I think I can manage at least quests #2-4 -- already did #1 and then some on Wednesday. Only need to win one game with the other Leaders, too -- didn't that use to be 3 or 5?

the fifth one looks like it'll take a long while.

Use seasonal mode where you play double spell cards. It also seems the faction of the card does not matter as long as the leader is correct one (so you can use your faction leader and play spells from neutral or other factions and this card quest will still count them as +1).

Once #1, it will remain #1. You can take a screenshot of the result page on day 1 and at the last day it would still be the same. With all the known bugs in counting the points and full-filling the contracts, I think we deserve to know the current points of each faction. Or at least at the end. I don't think it is healthy to just be kept in the blind about the contributions players do to their favorite factions.

Honestly, I don't think the points are even counted properly and whatever is the status on the day 1 will just remain the same till the end. At this point, it is useless for any other faction's players (other than NG) to actually play for the favorite faction with hope that their faction will win (or even rank up by one step). The final score would be this:
#1 NG
#2 ST
#3 SK
#4 MO
#5 NR
which is the score today and I believe it was the score on day 1.

Just play to fulfill the contracts and get the borders and avatars, but not with the hope that your contributions will be counted and your faction may rank up. Good Luck.
Today is Sunday, three days in, and rrc is still correct. Some things in Gwent are so random occurences that it is really amazing, as other games would achieve that only with a broken leaderboard or by manipulating...

Northern realms are losing what a surprise..., really just rework NR.

I regret picking NG, I like to try and pick the losing faction since I exclusively play the winning party after the event ends to farm experience faster. I suppose since I'm becoming a NG main it won't be bad since I only have another 10 points on the contract to get the border.

I regret picking NG, I like to try and pick the losing faction since I exclusively play the winning party after the event ends to farm experience faster. I suppose since I'm becoming a NG main it won't be bad since I only have another 10 points on the contract to get the border.
wait there are also border rewards, how do you obtain them ?

Northern realms are losing what a surprise..., really just rework NR.

I haven't played Northern Realms in a long time. I've played alot of Nilfgaard since. But I tried Northern Realms for the first time again during this challenge, and it was quite fun. Stressful but fun.

Also, the new units added with Crimson Curse make up for a really good bronze collection. Sure, Northern Realms could be better and probably needs a few more things to catch up with Monsters, Scoia'Tael and Nilfgaard, but the direction taken with Crimson Curse was quite positive.

Hi developers and community,
I have a question about the faction challenges. Currently I'm at the last faction chalenge but it seemed that the counter resetted after 4 wins. Are you suppose to complete the 5 wins in a row?

Top Bottom