Join us this weekend for GWENT Open #3!

+
Join us this weekend for GWENT Open #3!

Tune in to our official Twitch and YouTube channels on Saturday and Sunday (January 20th-21st) at 4 PM CET, and watch as top 8 players of the second Pro Ladder season compete for a share of the $25,000 prize pool, Crown Points, and participation in April’s GWENT Challenger tournament!

GWENT Open #3 live stream will be casted by our wonderful casting quartet: Merchant, McBeard, MegaMogwai and ImpetuousPanda. Thanks to Twitch Drops, while watching the tournament live on twitch.tv/cdprojektred you will be able to earn special rewards, including a guaranteed Card Keg – check out the details here!

Make sure to follow us on Twitter @GWENTMasters for regular updates!

Once bitten, twice shy on the twitch drops. I'll tune into the final but I'm more looking forward to the events a few days after the open.

hydra66;n10279412 said:
Once bitten, twice shy on the twitch drops. I'll tune into the final but I'm more looking forward to the events a few days after the open.

What are you reffering to?

One of them is patch, probably, the other is?

Last edited:
I predict Gwent Spy Open. Hope we'll see DJ, Thaler, Cantarella and the others around the players. Will be in a total tune with the current meta.

Thanks to Twitch Drops, while watching the tournament live on twitch.tv/cdprojektred you will be able to earn special rewards, including a guaranteed Card Keg – check out the details here!

What do you mean by Special rewards. If you reffering to keg or powder, they're not special. If not, then what? Also what about GUAranteed keg. Clarification needed. The link you've provided is for normal drops which is a lie btw! Can you tell us the chance?:hmm:

nunqmuo;n10280392 said:
Also what about GUAranteed keg. Clarification needed.

Guaranteed keg is the last one on the list, "Stalwart Supporter Award" for watching at least a total of 3 hours of Janyary 2018 Gwent Open.

Sunsibar;n10280572 said:
Guaranteed keg is the last one on the list, "Stalwart Supporter Award" for watching at least a total of 3 hours of Janyary 2018 Gwent Open.

Appreciated.

A keg to watch the same guys gets richer playing a semi broken game.. I'll pass. better things need to be taking place instead of tournaments. Im worried that this tournament will expose the issues with the game to a new wider audience and in turn hurt it.

Mancoon1980;n10282482 said:
A keg to watch the same guys gets richer playing a semi broken game.. I'll pass. better things need to be taking place instead of tournaments. Im worried that this tournament will expose the issues with the game to a new wider audience and in turn hurt it.
Hahaha. Even though I'll be watching the stream cause I have too much time to kill. It's a very good point. I was thinking that myself. Here's your Reddy.

I think 8 players is too low, there should be another 8 , just make a 2days ranked ladder in the previous weekend and top8 qualify.

My brother plays this game too much. Here's his speculation given the current state of the meta:
(Presuming it's a Conquest format, 4 decks, 1 ban)

ST Dwarves is clearly the most dominant deck, with no clear counters outside of Mill and Consume Monsters.

So I would expect everyone to bring an ST deck, with an expectation that it may well be banned. It might also divert a ban away from another archetype you want to focus your lineup around.

There are a couple of target strategies you might want to use, which could influence your ban choice away from ST.

The major deck of interest here is Nekker Consume. It's a pretty binary deck, in the sense that it beats EVERYTHING in the format (including Dwarves) unless people directly tech against it (i.e running Sweers in NG and / lock effect in other decks). Then it loses horribly, there's no in between.

So you can construct a lineup that targets Nekker Consume and looks to make it go 0-3. However, if you do so, you run the risk of weakening your matchups across the rest of the field. There's also the possibility that you could flame out if your opponent isn't running consume at all

If you are looking to run Nekker consume in your own lineup, then you will probably need to ban NG over ST (to avoid Sweers cheese), and resign yourself to being unfavoured in the ST matchup.

The other out of left field strategy would be to do something like fill your lineup with weather effects if you are expecting very little weather clear.

The matchup dynamic is very binary here - if you have weather and can force a long round without your opponent having a clear, you win. If they have a clear, you are unfavoured. So it's probably a good idea for most of the decks you choose to take to have a weather clearer (which usually have utility in other matchups anyway).

In any case, I would expect:
1) Everyone to bring an ST deck. If they're not planning to ban ST, they can tech their ST deck for the mirror, possibly running Eithne + Horn over Brouver.

2) Everyone will bring a NG deck. All those NG decks will run Sweers to target Nekkers and a lesser extent Dwarves, if they're left up. There will be a mix of NG Spy and Alchemy. Spies overall power level is probably higher than alchemy, but is much more vulnerable to lock strategies that people might try. Alchemy has little polarising weakness, outside of weather and getting outpointed by OP decks. Full on Mill NG might also be a thing, since you can target Dwarves and Nekkers. If lists are open and everyone knows you're running Mill - this will be a high priority ban (leaving your ST open). So it's a viable, if risky, choice.

3) I wouldn't bring Nekker consume at all, given it's vulnerability to counter strategies. However, it is a high power level deck, so people might just ban NG and roll with it.

4) Nova Bears is a solid deck that will usually get a win somewhere, particularly if ST is banned.

5) Radovid Armor is a niche pick I would probably go for too - solid with lock effects vs Spies / Nekkers, solid against weather if people go that route. Just vulnerable to being outpointed by better decks - but if you ban ST you're in good shape.

No cards winner this time? OK fine, i live w/o it.
There will be much less players spectating event tho

Kingoko;n10284202 said:
No cards winner this time? OK fine, i live w/o it.
There will be much less players spectating event tho

A few day ago SuperJJ said in his stream that he choose a legendary that will please everyone. Hmm... Not sure what to make of it? Granted i was only half listening might miss some details.

Definitely the quickest tournament match I've ever seen!

Superjj completely teched his decks against that matchup, fully aware that if he left the engine unchecked, it would be uncontrollable. His strategy was a bit like Freddy's in the last challenger, but by targeting the nekkers this time. Maybe a hunch, or maybe proLadder experience against kolemoen, he knew or felt that his opponent would focus on nekkers, so he built his decks to counter that. You can see that GameKing was not so lucky as he didn't pack a hard counter against nekkers ;)

A deck that is completetly build around a single bronze card......game over then you shut the nekkers down. (I don't like these kind of decks, Consume needs some rework)

Top Bottom