Journal sadly lacking features and depth

+
I'm really enjoying this game but I'm desperate for more quest details in the journal. You get so many quests just driving around that by the time you get to them, you have now idea who gave you that quest, or why.
Every time I go to the journal I'm looking for a way to expand the quest details, or that hidden drop down that I'm too daft to find.
All there seems to be is the quest name, the current objective, along with a short paragraph that usually doesn't actually explain anything about why you're on that quest.

Which leads me to the need to be able to see completed objectives or a history of what has happened in that quest. Especially in long quests or main story quests, I'm sure most of us like to diddle around on side quests and world exploring between the main story quests or simply have lives and sometimes have to save mid-quest. Just having "Do xyz" as the ONLY information in the journal and no way to remind yourself of what came before it ruins things a little for me.

I can't believe I haven't found anyone else talking about this yet as I find it really frustrating to have no idea why I have certain quests or what I'm up to in long quests.
The Witcher, for example, handles exact this issue very well with ticks next to completed objectives and a brief summary of what the job entails which, iirc, updates as you progress through quests:
Untitled.png

I hope this gains some traction because I'm finding this game a lot of fun, but alt-tabbing to google a quest for more details is very immersion breaking. More so for me than the much talked about technical issues.

As a bonus, please let us delete unwanted quests and track multiple quests simultaneously.

Last edited:
This thread deserves more attention. I'm in the same boat as you, as are likely a good portion of other players.
(Hopefully) they will make such changes to the journal & similar things, inventory etc. TW3 was updated in a similar way after launch iirc.

A thing that I notice is that some quests doesn't even give you the objective so clearly.

While I was playing, I just failed the quest "An Old Friend" because it pointed the alternative objective but doesn't explained me why I would do that. And then when I was going to deliver and complete the misson, I discovered that the character DIED because I didn't made the alternative objective.
But it's ALTERNATIVE, we shoudn't be able to fail a mission because of that. Off couse we could gain more resourcers and even make the completion easier, but FAIL?
I was so pissed.
If I had know, of course I would make de alternative objetive, but wasn't clear for me what impact the mission would have with that decision.

I don't think they need to give us the answers for everything, but hint what could happen IF.

. TW3 was updated in a similar way after launch iirc.
I didn't play the witcher 3 at launch so I didn't know it was added later. Very interesting that the same thing has happened here. I wisely waited for a few patches before diving in... Should've done that here too I guess!

This. I was not playing for some time, I came back to the game, open my journal... and there is nothing about the quest that I was doing. I have no idea what it was all about.

The journal is very bare bones/broken. It can't even remember the state of tabs. Also, who's bright idea was to have the buying cars have mission markers. And not its own car marker. It spams the map when you have very little jobs left. Also, for all the tutorials the game has. They didn't tell you that you can manually select the other sections of mission markers with Z. That would of helped me during the dreams on mission. Where it bugged out cause the "Follow the wires" didn't clear. I had to look at walkthrough photos and make sure to follow that damn truck.

Top Bottom