Judy, Ev and the VDBz connection, mild spoiler

+

Axvil

Forum regular
Anyone else finds it weird that at no point we (V and Judy) blame what happened to Ev on the VBDz?
She gets hacked by them (probably by Brigette herself) and turned into a vegetable.
Then Woodman doe what he does, Finger does what he does, and finally she ends up with the Scavs.

(head scratch)
Woodman says she's nothing special, to just find someone with the same body type etc.. so what reason would he have to do what he did? Why? He owns Clouds, probably has 'perks' with all the employees and could afford joytoys etc.. Game just wanted to give the player a strong reason to dislike him? Enough to murder him?
Judy certainly seems to think so. Just me, or is she a little psycho?
Yet once I go to Pacifica, the whole thing never comes up again, I can be totally cool with the VDBs.. or just giggle when they all get fried by NetWatch/Alt.

Guest 4400165

Good point! I would like to know more, if it went deeper, it's an interesting plot. I was excited when I got there, but it ended quicker than I'd liked it to. Oh, well.
I was actually pissed at her, when I realized what kinda mess she left behind and there was no way she'd get outta any of that, with Relic or not. She was smart enough to realise that and selfish enough to do what she did. Good riddance! Hehe
And all those forced moments when we were supposed to care for her felt unpleasant. More so on my next playthrough.
So, if all that went in another direction and we would be given a choice to actually save her or not, before she became vegetable...I wouldn't do it.

Anyone else finds it weird that at no point we (V and Judy) blame what happened to Ev on the VBDz?

Yeah, noticed it too. IIRC there's a small reference to it in some optional dialogue line with Brigitte or Placide, but it's still not enough to justify V's general lack of interest on the matter.

Ok, V has really no emotional attachment to Evelyn, so it could make sense for him to not caring... But what about Judy? Evelyn was a dear friend/crush/whatever to her.

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

Ok, V has really no emotional attachment to Evelyn, so it could make sense for him to not caring... But what about Judy? Evelyn was a dear friend/crush/whatever to her.
They used to be a couple.

What do you mean? Judy went looking for her, then was devastated by what happened and initiated her rescue. Then she wanted to take over the Clouds with the help her another ex-lover Maiko (she's kinda slutty, isn't she? :D), because what happened to Ev, so none of that happens to other "girls".

What do you mean? Judy went looking for her, then was devastated by what happened and initiated her rescue. Then she wanted to take over the Clouds with the help her another ex-lover Maiko (she's kinda slutty, isn't she? :D), because what happened to Ev, so none of that happens to other "girls".

I mean regarding the Voodoo Boys involvement. She doesn't seem to care too much if V works for them or not, even if the VDBs basically fried Ev's brain.

Where did it say they were a couple? Nothing in the game indicates that.

Also why slutty? Because she had girlfriends? With this logic, we are all slutty then? :shrug:

She gets hacked by them (probably by Brigette herself) and turned into a vegetable.
That's what you get when working behind VDBs backs, i.e., Evelyn wanting to steal the Relic for herself so that she can sell it to NetWatch in exchange for protection and a new identity.

"Bold. And stupid." - Adam Smasher, 2077.

Last edited:
Then Woodman doe what he does, Finger does what he does, and finally she ends up with the Scavs.

(head scratch)
Woodman says she's nothing special, to just find someone with the same body type etc.. so what reason would he have to do what he did? Why? He owns Clouds, probably has 'perks' with all the employees and could afford joytoys etc.. Game just wanted to give the player a strong reason to dislike him? Enough to murder him?
Judy certainly seems to think so. Just me, or is she a little psycho?
Yet once I go to Pacifica, the whole thing never comes up again, I can be totally cool with the VDBs.. or just giggle when they all get fried by NetWatch/Alt.
Woodman is just a caretaker at Clouds and if you go through the whole conversation with him then it is clear that for him the dolls are like robots who can be easily replaced when they are broken. Judy found Evelyn's virtues and she saw what Woodman did to her. Enough reasons to kill him each time :)

Reading Judy's emails at her apartment gives you strong clues she and Ev were in a relationship.

V never really tells Judy he's doing a gig for the VDBs iirc after Disasterpiece.

Ashii

Forum veteran
Reading Judy's emails at her apartment gives you strong clues she and Ev were in a relationship.

V never really tells Judy he's doing a gig for the VDBs iirc after Disasterpiece.

They're.... really not. They were just friends. Judy was in a relationship with Maiko.

Also, Evelyn was sleeping with Yorinobu and later she showed that BD to V AND Judy. Would you show your "girlfriend" a sex tape of you sleeping with someone else?

Judy is not a type that likes to share, you can learn that from Maiko's emails.

They're.... really not. They were just friends. Judy was in a relationship with Maiko.

Also, Evelyn was sleeping with Yorinobu and later she showed that BD to V AND Judy. Would you show your "girlfriend" a sex tape of you sleeping with someone else?

Judy is not a type that likes to share, you can learn that from Maiko's emails.
Correct, Eve and Judy were close friends but not more than that.

Maiko is the evil one :ROFLMAO:

Given Maiko was one of the workers before becoming "management," and Judy has turned down many mainstream BD Creator / Editor jobs to continue working at adult industry places like Clouds and Lizzie's, I very much doubt there is so much of a concern of her seeing a partner "on the job." Notably, the Konpeki BD cut out before they did the deed.

Ashii

Forum veteran
Given Maiko was one of the workers before becoming "management," and Judy has turned down many mainstream BD Creator / Editor jobs to continue working at adult industry places like Clouds and Lizzie's, I very much doubt there is so much of a concern of her seeing a partner "on the job." Notably, the Konpeki BD cut out before they did the deed.

Like I said. Judy doesn't like to share, you can read about it in Maiko's emails. There's literally a proof for it. And Judy turned down mainstream BD jobs from corpos, because she hates corpos and mainstream. This isn't really that hard to understand IF you pay attention to her character and what she says.

Top Bottom