Judy romance update/expansion/DLC.

+
The "Arizona" expansion, while probably far away into 2022 has logical reasons to happen. The story as it stands now ends on a cliffhanger basically, like the season of a tv show would. Can't say there is a satisfying conclusion anyone would would deem as definitive since everyone would like to see V live.

It demands they make a whole new area, maybe less urban, more spread out with a city center that is more populated and dense to not run into same performance issues. That of course would demand new characters, new main story quests and expanding on relationships with ones we have, namely Judy, Panam and rest of Aldecaldos. Another point would be that if they made an expansion without Arizona in mind and stick entirely to NC, you essentially would lose Aldecaldos and nomads going forward. Or would they just conveniently stay around in NC after they go to Arizona, and you with them in case of Star ending??? It would be like cutting out one of the life paths, doesn't seem reasonable.

On the other hand, River and Kerry wish to stay in NC and don't want to leave with the nomads. I can't imagine they would ditch them while we would take Judy and Panam, so they would need reasons for those romances to find a way towards Arizona and expand on those relationships as well. Or they would need to split the story into revolving both of the areas equally, so 2 separate main story lines that might at some point converge with V going between both and keeping contact with all the characters. It seems to me devs put themselves in this position maybe on purpose, I don't see any other solution aside from new endings that would keep the entire crew in one spot. Anyone has other ideas that can avoid this seemingly planed split for future expansion/DLC?

At this point no matter how much it may seem to some that romances are just an afterthought, they will still influence a lot of decision making for the team if they want a large majority of the people satisfied.
Connecting the Star ending with the Crystal Palace seems the most logical decision they can make, which would make you return to NC. But then again, Judy nor Panam want to be there. I don't know. It's hard to speculate, seeing what situation they put themselves into with these endings.

Last edited:
Connecting the Star ending with the Crystal Palace seems the most logical decision they can make, which would make you return to NC. But then again, Judy nor Panam wants to be there. I don't know. It's hard to speculate, seeing what situation they put themselves into with these endings.
Exactly, and leaving out any of those romances would kill CP2077 for many people. And I honestly doubt they would do that after putting so much effort to build them up, shallow as they become afterwards, but still their inclusion in the ending tells us they wanted them to matter in V's life. Not just be side flick to meet up with in NC.

At the end who is V without those people you get close to anyways? A main character is built tru interactions with people not just events they go tru. And I feel CDPR knows that, so this spot they put themselves in is bit confusing, however if it is planned it can only benefit towards introduction of a new area. With Judy and Panam being in Arizona and River and Kerry staying in NC you would be more invested to spend time in both places as male or female V. You also want to expand on friendships after all, not just intimate relationship.

2295959043_preview_judy.gif

Exactly, and leaving out any of those romances would kill CP2077 for many people. And I honestly doubt they would do that after putting so much effort to build them up, shallow as they become afterwards, but still their inclusion in the ending tells us they wanted them to matter in V's life. Not just be side flick to meet up with in NC.

At the end who is V without those people you get close to anyways? A main character is built tru interactions with people not just events they go tru. And I feel CDPR knows that, so this spot they put themselves in is bit confusing, however if it is planned it can only benefit towards introduction of a new area. With Judy and Panam being in Arizona and River and Kerry staying in NC you would be more invested to spend time in both places as male or female V. You also want to expand on friendships after all, not just intimate relationship.
You know why I love you Trinixy? Because even tho you want more Judy, you don't forget the rest of us that want more River and Kerry, haha.
Anyway, just stopping by to offer my suport! Judy, Panam and Kerry are my favorite characters from the game and I really hope that CDPR find a way to gives us more amazing moments with these amazing characters.

The "Arizona" expansion, while probably far away into 2022 has logical reasons to happen. The story as it stands now ends on a cliffhanger basically, like the season of a tv show would. Can't say there is a satisfying conclusion anyone would would deem as definitive since everyone would like to see V live.

It demands they make a whole new area, maybe less urban, more spread out with a city center that is more populated and dense to not run into same performance issues. That of course would demand new characters, new main story quests and expanding on relationships with ones we have, namely Judy, Panam and rest of Aldecaldos. Another point would be that if they made an expansion without Arizona in mind and stick entirely to NC, you essentially would lose Aldecaldos and nomads going forward. Or would they just conveniently stay around in NC after they go to Arizona, and you with them in case of Star ending??? It would be like cutting out one of the life paths, doesn't seem reasonable.

On the other hand, River and Kerry wish to stay in NC and don't want to leave with the nomads. I can't imagine they would ditch them while we would take Judy and Panam, so they would need reasons for those romances to find a way towards Arizona and expand on those relationships as well. Or they would need to split the story into revolving both of the areas equally, so 2 separate main story lines that might at some point converge with V going between both and keeping contact with all the characters. It seems to me devs put themselves in this position maybe on purpose, I don't see any other solution aside from new endings that would keep the entire crew in one spot. Anyone has other ideas that can avoid this seemingly planed split for future expansion/DLC?

At this point no matter how much it may seem to some that romances are just an afterthought, they will still influence a lot of decision making for the team if they want a large majority of the people satisfied.
I feel like finding cure for V is something way harder to do than anything we've basically done in this game before. It will require help from every single friend we have met on our journey. Considering that every romance option has his own range of skills which they are best at, and everyone is from different environments (NCPD, Moxes, Nomads, Rich class) they can bring much value to this mission. I have the feeling like they are all needed there. In expansion game could just probably assume that V met everyone of them. Current endings could be new lifepaths/origins in expansion. First act of expansion would probably be Arizona and Night City depending on what we chose. In Arizona the most important characters would be Judy and Panam, in NC River and Kerry. Then it would all merge in one common path in next act(Crystal Palace?) with meeting of all of these characters in one place (something like battle of Kaer Morhen in TW3). Not utilising these characters in major story expansion would be shot in the foot from CDPR since Judy, Panam, River and Kerry are the only capable characters of carrying the story in my opinion.

You know why I love you Trinixy? Because even tho you want more Judy, you don't forget the rest of us that want more River and Kerry, haha.
Anyway, just stopping by to offer my suport! Judy, Panam and Kerry are my favorite characters from the game and I really hope that CDPR find a way to gives us more amazing moments with these amazing characters.
Very sweet, thank you! Am sure the lovely people here in the Judy Gang would jump to the support of any of the characters if they saw that they were neglected for sole benefit of Judy. There will never be a character that would have our attention like she does, but we want our V to have good friends just like we want your V to have a good friend in Judy.

yea I was wondering what can happen after leaving with nomads.. they have already big city that have sooo sooo many locked doors it would be a waste to leave it all behind.. so my thought is that at some point they will have to go back to cure V.. have few quests abroad but for the final Night City is the city... or they could acctualy stand up to their promises (with lifepaths) and do different kind of quests for each ending.. that would be definetly something wow.. that our actions would have a great impact.. and not everything will be accesable for everyone (well this should be done in lifepath.. but oh well.. I can still dream big :LOL:)

nevertheless whatever is coming still need MORE Judy :cool:

Why is everyone so obsessed with Judy? She is drowning in self pity. Everyone is bad. The city is bad. Life is bad. It's so tirirng. A relationship with her costs more energy than you could ever get back.

Mybe it's just me, but I really don't get why she seems everyone's favourite.

We all there with you. :giveup:
Post automatically merged:

Why is everyone so obsessed with Judy? She is drowning in self pity. Everyone is bad. The city is bad. Life is bad. It's so tirirng. A relationship with her costs more energy than you could ever get back.

It's called tastes. Some like Judy, some Panam and some others. I mean why it's hard to understand.

You see people love these flaws too. They can see these characters grow with them, they can sympathize with their weaknesses. But for them to be able to, some of these weaknesses have to be evident while not at the cost of their virtues. You will see many people have something against Panam in the way she handles herself and in situations she finds herself in. But these "flaws" attract people to her.

We love Judy because and despite her weaknesses, we wouldn't ever want to take any of them away. The way she internalizes what happens around her to her own detriment is endemic to her like her infectious smile. All of these things make her who she is and leave her space to grow.

Think about it in simple ways of a hero that has flaws but because of them has still ways to improve. No one can associate with a person that is "perfect". You simply have to allow yourself to give them time. And maybe you will choose to give more time for such growth to Panam since you will feel it is more natural given your life experience. That is only testament to the quality of diversity in the personalities at display.

About the Expansion..
mmm its very complicated.. they can do many many things.. but the problem is that we have a lot of different endings.. very different.. and in the expansion ( i think) they must connect all in one place..) something similar to lifepaths.. (all lifepaths are very different, but all of them end in the same point) something like this i think is what they could do.. like a little movie ending.. I think that we will be envolved in something important.. with a big role in the world.. maybe something related to militech? to the war btween corporations? i heard many people in the world talking about a future war that is coming..

Too many possibilities.. but one thing is clear.. im sure we will see Judy/Panam/River/Kerry envolved in the new story.. im sure.. maybe after 3 months you contact with mr blue eyes.. he is a very strange guy.. he could give you free access to Night city.. so there you could establish contact with kerry and River again.. He also seems to understand very well how the brain works.. maybe he could give V a kind of solution... But i think that V will be able to travel between Arizona and NC in this new adventure.. Im sure that you will be able to continue your relation with characters, cause its neccesary.. and im sure their role will be very important.. Anyway.. I just hope that CDPR will give us more quality time with these characters.. If i see Judy by my side happy and they give me more interaction with her and not just make her standing by the window.. i would be very very happy XD..

I would like to see an ending related to Juddy.. after i saw that video i shared with you yesterday.. it gave me hope that maybe CDPR will bring us an awesome final ending with Judy envolved.. it could be a beautiful surprise hehe..

Im with you Trinixy that they must give the romances more influence in the decisions we will take in the future.. i hope that my girl Judy will help somehow to my V in some point of the history :) And yeahh.. probably we will see it at 2022..

I think we must just wait for a trailer or something.. We will speculate a lot haha <3

You see people love these flaws too. They can see these characters grow with them, they can sympathize with their weaknesses. But for them to be able to, some of these weaknesses have to be evident while not at the cost of their virtues. You will see many people have something against Panam in the way she handles herself and in situations she finds herself in. But these "flaws" attract people to her.

We love Judy because and despite her weaknesses, we wouldn't ever want to take any of them away. The way she internalizes what happens around her to her own detriment is endemic to her like her infectious smile. All of these things make her who she is and leave her space to grow.

Think about it in simple ways of a hero that has flaws but because of them has still ways to improve. No one can associate with a person that is "perfect". You simply have to allow yourself to give them time. And maybe you will choose to give more time for such growth to Panam since you will feel it is more natural given your life experience. That is only testament to the quality of diversity in the personalities at display.

I love how you explain everything Trinixy!! perfectly as always :cool: i couldnt explain it better as you did haha :ok:

Last edited:
To add to @XxSalviixX 's point and @Trinixy 's excellent dissertation. We gotta think in terms of the current world state. Depending on your choice (mostly Star Path folks here), Arasaka will be involved. Mr. Blue Eyes will be contacted. There is trouble brewing on the Luna installation and amongst the Orbital Stations. StormTech could be introduced, other Nomad Clans could be involved, new Corpo entities trying to take the 'Saka crown.

Looking at the concept art for The Crystal Palace, it's obvious that it is a new area. Perhaps this new string of delays factored that in, I'm sure covid makes it's difficult to build a playable slice of a gigantic US State/European Country sized environment.

If you read up on the size of The Crystal Place it'll make your nerdy little heart flutter at the possibilities.

The Judy factor of it all is that I feel she will be intimately involved (heh, pun not intended) with V finding a cure. Judy will insist on helping and butt heads with folks in her, V's and Panam's path. This point would be adjusted I think depending on who you have romanced. But it would still involve Judy because of her research that she started doing once she found out about the intricacies of V's condition. Now if players didn't really develop a kinship of any kind with Judy. I'm sure it will be a Goro/Hellman type of situation. But it would be better for the player and the narrative choices if you developed kinship with Judy, right? It would make those scenes deeper and pull on your heart strings much like Goro pleading with you to not walk away from Arasaka or him being concerned about V's long-term stay in Mikoshi if the player went the Devil route. I say this as an example, but most folks in the thread can pick up what I'm throwing down here.

Stray thought, how amazing would it be if there was a scene where V and Judy are on a space walk and they just say sweet things to each other?

As an example...

---
Judy and V float back toward the transport, hand in hand.

V: Hey, bigger than a lake right?

Judy: V this is... I-

They look at Earth far below them, they embrace.

V: No one else I'd rather do this with...

V taps her helmet to Judy's.

They float for a moment, it's just them.

A Beat.

Judy: We... should.
---

You get the idea.

That's my extended thoughts on relationships heading into the DLC.

Last edited:
To add to @XxSalviixX 's point and @Trinixy 's excellent dissertation. We gotta think in terms of the current world state. Depending on your choice (mostly Star Path folks here), Arasaka will be involved. Mr. Blue Eyes will be contacted. There is trouble brewing on the Luna installation and amongst the Orbital Stations. StormTech could be introduced, other Nomad Clans could be involved, new Corpo entities trying to take the 'Saka crown.

Looking at the concept art for The Crystal Palace, it's obvious that it is a new area. Perhaps this new string of delays factored that in, I'm sure covid makes it's difficult to build a playable slice of a gigantic US State/European Country sized environment.

If you read up on the size of The Crystal Place it'll make your nerdy little heart flutter at the possibilities.

The Judy factor of it all is that I feel she will be intimately (heh, pun not intended) with V finding a cure. Judy will insist on helping and butt heads with folks in her, V's and Panam's path. This point would be adjusted I think depending on who you have romanced. But it would still involve Judy because of her research that she started doing once she found out about the intricacies of V's condition. Now if players didn't really develop a kinship of any kind with Judy. I'm sure it will be a Goro/Hellman type of situation. But it would be better for the player and the narrative choices if you developed kinship with Judy, right? It would make those scenes deeper and pull on your heart strings much Goro pleading with you to not walk away from Arasaka or him being concerned about V's long-term stay in Mikoshi if the player went the Devil route. I say this as an example, but most folks in the thread can pick up what I'm throwing down here.

Stray thought, how amazing would it be if there was a scene where V and Judy are on a space walk and they just say beautiful things to each other?

As an example...

---
Judy and V float back toward the transport.

V: Hey, bigger than a lake right?

Judy: V this is... I-

They look at Earth far below them, they embrace.

V: No one else is rather do this with...

They float for moment, it's just them.

A Beat.

Judy: We... should.
---

You get the idea.

That's my extended thoughts on relationships heading into the DLC.

Hey it makes sense! yeah i think that the crystal palace sooner or later will appear in the game, and yeah, judy has a lot of potential to use and show.. she is the best in her work but also she is an amazing inventor.. im sure in 3 or 4 months our Judy can create something that could help V. She invented the combat program for the dolls in what.. 1 week or less?
I really cant wait to play more depth in the history and see what Judy has to to surprise us :)

That scene you describe.. really touch the fiber.. that would be an amazing scene for sure.. :cry:

Tbh.. these ideas we are sharing here is in my opinion the best way this game can continue.. CDPR must continue the history.. we need to know what happens with V, cause as V says to Jhonny.. i hate open endings hahaha.

CDPR can put this game high if they play their cards well.. more Judy/Panam/Kerry/River, a new map, more interaction with the world/our romances/friends, no bugs, CDPR magic... i cant see a better future if they use all of this :)
Of course we will see what people is asking.. like police improvements and this stuff.. but for me with the first points i would have enough.. im looking for emotions.. feelings.. this kind of stuff that is rare in this industry and CDPR knows very well how to create it for us <3

I hope that before we see the expansion, CDPR will improve the interaction with Judy/romances after completing the game.. its heart-breaking to see our Judy stuck by that window... : (

Of course we will see what people is asking.. like police improvements and this stuff.. but for me with the first points i would have enough.. im looking for emotions.. feelings.. this kind of stuff that is rare in this industry and CDPR knows very well how to create it for us <3

I hope that before we see the expansion, CDPR will improve the interaction with Judy/romances after completing the game.. its heart-breaking to see our Judy stuck by that window... : (

Judy get away from the window!!! :sad:

CDPR PLZ Just let Judy take a nap with V or something :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's going to be one hell of a ride for the devs to figure this out. But i agree with you, that one good way to do it would be to split the story into 2 separate storylines, because i think adding new endings to the game, while possible, it's going to be a challenge.
And i think too that one DLC that has logical reasons to happen is the Arizona one. And may i add, it is the one i would really love see in the game in the future, haha :cool:

It's going to be one hell of a ride for the devs to figure this out. But i agree with you, that one good way to do it would be to split the story into 2 separate storylines, because i think adding new endings to the game, while possible, it's going to be a challenge.
And i think too that one DLC that has logical reasons to happen is the Arizona one. And may i add, it is the one i would really love see in the game in the future, haha :cool:

Judy´s expres new route to Arizona! :cool:
Yeah i think that Arizona is the correct way for a future expansion.. Just imagine that contrast.. with the canyons and this beautiful environment..
it would be AMAZING.. :cry:

Hahaha that eyyy... awww.. :cry:
i would love to see in the future expansion/DLC some missions with Panam and Judy envolved.. because at the star ending you say to judy that she will know her and will like her so it gives me hope that one day this two amazing characters will interact ! i cant wait to see our Judy in a expansion/DLC.. :giveup:

just imagine.. our judy happy to be far from NC.. and with us taking care of her as she deserves.. in a new home.. with a new adventure in front of us.. but this time we are not alone, we have the most important by our side, love (Judy) and the best friendship you can imagine (Panam).. CANT WAIIIT.. :giveup:
God, it would be so perfect to have some quests with both Panam and Judy envolved. I think they would get along pretty well, can't wait to see that encounter in the future! :sad:
Another thing that i think would be a really nice addition to an expansion like this, and really heartwarming as well, is the song that Judy hums in the Pyramid Song quest, ''Only You by Etta Sorrentino''. Waking up at some point in the expansion, Judy at our side and that song playing in the background, damn it would be a perfect moment... :cry:

Top Bottom