Judy romance update/expansion/DLC.

+
When you think about it you can't really flirt that much with Judy when you consider the circumstances in which you meet her and Ev, then everything goes to shit and the job ended up being a big mess, it seemed natural for me that V doesn't flirt with her cuz it's inappropriate or even be super supportive and act like she knew Ev well or anything considering how temperamental Judy can be she can backfire really hard on V since the trust isn't really that well established. so it's a no no from me V wasn't pushy with Jude's considering the events and that was perfect imho.

After retrieving Ev she might start to feel good about V but still, it's not the time to be flirty about anything at that point all you can show is that you care about her, and she appreciates it and even returns the favour for V by digging in Ev mind to help.

She only starts warming up towards our V later on around Talkin' 'Bout a Revolution because she understood that V is all the way there for her. So when we get at this point we are almost done with her quest chain and we get flirty with her after 1 mission and then we get the romance, for me it was perfect it wasn't rushed it was slow but worth it Pyramid Song was quite something that I'll never forget, in the end, can't really blame the VA or the devs for the lack of flirt with Judy.

BUT I can blame them for not giving me the option to talk about my girl when someone asks me if I have someone in my life!!! :giveup:AND the lack of interactions after the romance too, we demand moooooar! :C

When you think about it you can't really flirt that much with Judy when you consider the circumstances in which you meet her and Ev, then everything goes to shit and the job ended up being a big mess, it seemed natural for me that V doesn't flirt with her cuz it's inappropriate or even be super supportive and act like she knew Ev well or anything considering how temperamental Judy can be she can backfire really hard on V since the trust isn't really that well established. so it's a no no from me V wasn't pushy with Jude's considering the events and that was perfect imho.

After retrieving Ev she might start to feel good about V but still, it's not the time to be flirty about anything at that point all you can show is that you care about her, and she appreciates it and even returns the favour for V by digging in Ev mind to help.

She only starts warming up towards our V later on around Talkin' 'Bout a Revolution because she understood that V is all the way there for her. So when we get at this point we are almost done with her quest chain and we get flirty with her after 1 mission and then we get the romance, for me it was perfect it wasn't rushed it was slow but worth it Pyramid Song was quite something that I'll never forget, in the end, can't really blame the VA or the devs for the lack of flirt with Judy.

BUT I can blame them for not giving me the option to talk about my girl when someone asks me if I have someone in my life!!! :giveup:AND the lack of interactions after the romance too, we demand moooooar! :C
I'm right there with you! Yes, I would absolutely LOVE more flirting, but it honestly made sense with how the quests panned out. I always got the vibe that Judy was into Ev since they talked about moving away together so it would just be weird for V to start flirting when Judy was already "occupied". I love that things didn't really start to evolve until Talkin' 'Bout a Revolution because Judy finally felt some sort of closure with Ev and could move onto a new thing with V. It makes it more special to me and that it wasn't a given romance. Sure, you had to work for River's a bit, but it was so obvious that they would end up together. I mean lol how long has it been since River was with someone? Having a friendship with Judy prior to the relationship just takes it to a new level for me :'))

Nyoom! Here's a midweek follow-up to that last interaction with Judy and Johnny. :ok:

14_Better_Than_Exhaust_and_the_Stench_of_the_City_2.0_1.PNG

14_Better_Than_Exhaust_and_the_Stench_of_the_City_2.0_2.PNG

14_Better_Than_Exhaust_and_the_Stench_of_the_City_2.0_3.PNG

Yeah even when V initiated the sex I got the feeling V only did it because Judy was vulnerable at the moment so she wanted to make her feel better by sleeping with her not because she wanted it herself.
Not quite true, maybe VA was very good and emotional and other scenes and your expectation is high.
About what you said , V isnt a NPC so it is upto you how you wanna see it.
1.1 Romance Judy due to her vulnerability and tell her it is beginning of something nice just because she wont be sad again, but dont call her in the end cause you were not into judy much
1.2 Sun ending where Judy feels there is a wall between them
OR
2. you call her and establish a healthy relationship.The moment between V and Judy before they leave city would make you feel different. V was fckinh glad she didn't changed her mind and was happy to see Jude again.

I'm right there with you! Yes, I would absolutely LOVE more flirting, but it honestly made sense with how the quests panned out. I always got the vibe that Judy was into Ev since they talked about moving away together so it would just be weird for V to start flirting when Judy was already "occupied". I love that things didn't really start to evolve until Talkin' 'Bout a Revolution because Judy finally felt some sort of closure with Ev and could move onto a new thing with V. It makes it more special to me and that it wasn't a given romance. Sure, you had to work for River's a bit, but it was so obvious that they would end up together. I mean lol how long has it been since River was with someone? Having a friendship with Judy prior to the relationship just takes it to a new level for me :'))
In CP2077 love stories are presented from a new perspective in some way.For example, in mass effect Liara belongs to us from the very beginning, we are her first love.And in CP2077, Judy had a relationship with Maiko Maeda, and knowing from the messages that can be read in Maiko's office, this relationship was more passionate than with V.I didn't notice any love interest between Judy and Ev, only pure friendship. Knowing Judy, she takes responsibility for people, and so it happened with Ev.But the relationship with Maiko, this is something I thought about a little, I even thought that they still feel something for each other.Because Judy blames V for Maiko's death if these things happen and doesn't believe that V was just defending herself.This situation gave me some thoughts.Either Judy is not in love with V, but feels sympathy and gratitude, or she is just afraid to start a relationship because of what happened to her before, or Judy is just having a good time with V,because she helped her and no one else is around, since her Maiko turned out to be a traitor.Compared to the Mass Effect, I don't feel like Judy is in love with V

didn't notice any love interest between Judy and Ev, only pure friendship.
Yup it is friendship, although it confused me a little when Ev said they and judy go back to years. But Judy seems fine with the job of Ev being a doll, but also she wants to leave city with Ev. o_O
(Assuming she wants to leave city with someone she loves, like she went with fem V and not with male V although in both their is good bond of friendship.)

But I feel different, Judy loves V cause how she reacts to you saying in both something nice and pleasant distraction is very evident. And also text messages and her reaction to your flirting too.

I still cant believe Judy liked someone like Maiko.

This is what I read in the messages that Maiko has. And there's more, they lived together in Judy's apartment too. That is, V is not someone special to her, but just a new phase that she mentions in the endings
although it confused me a little when Ev said they and judy go back to years. But Judy seems fine with the job of Ev being a doll, but also she wants to leave city with Ev. o_O
yes, at first it was a little annoying for me too, but in one of the lines, depending on the choice, you can hear V telling Judy that Ev was her best friend and V understands how hard it is for her
Maybe I'm wrong,but this is my impression that I got after 290 hours of playing, but I could be wrong about all this though

In CP2077 love stories are presented from a new perspective in some way.For example, in mass effect Liara belongs to us from the very beginning, we are her first love.And in CP2077, Judy had a relationship with Maiko Maeda, and knowing from the messages that can be read in Maiko's office, this relationship was more passionate than with V.I didn't notice any love interest between Judy and Ev, only pure friendship. Knowing Judy, she takes responsibility for people, and so it happened with Ev.But the relationship with Maiko, this is something I thought about a little, I even thought that they still feel something for each other.Because Judy blames V for Maiko's death if these things happen and doesn't believe that V was just defending herself.This situation gave me some thoughts.Either Judy is not in love with V, but feels sympathy and gratitude, or she is just afraid to start a relationship because of what happened to her before, or Judy is just having a good time with V,because she helped her and no one else is around, since her Maiko turned out to be a traitor.Compared to the Mass Effect, I don't feel like Judy is in love with V

Well, that's debatable :'P, there are lots of small hinters that Judy was crushing on V, on first sight even hehe, but as I said above it was really hard for both because of the events and we can't just simply slide into her life, and that's great at least for me.

But we can't really compare V to Maiko, when Judy fell for her they knew each other and worked at Cloud's both of em, that just makes it easier for their relationship, while V was just a merc' and Judy doesn't trust us at all until later on in the game:sad:

But now I'll get to the point of Judy not loving V, ugh, I really fail to see why would you say that :giveup: for me it seems like Judy loves V more than anyone she met in NC, we were the only ones she opened up to about her past and she even makes us experience some of it with her, she gives us access to her pad which is HUGE, and she cancels her big plans of leaving NC just for V and then when the time comes she leaves NC with V and the Aldecados and she probably knows that it's dangerous but she came with us regardless if that's not love then I dunno, that's how I see it at least.

Nyoom! Here's a midweek follow-up to that last interaction with Judy and Johnny. :ok:

View attachment 11167175
View attachment 11167178
View attachment 11167181
AAAA I love waking up to one of these, they are so good <3 great work n keep it up!

Well, that's debatable :'P, there are lots of small hinters that Judy was crushing on V, on first sight even hehe, but as I said above it was really hard for both because of the events and we can't just simply slide into her life, and that's great at least for me.

But we can't really compare V to Maiko, when Judy fell for her they knew each other and worked at Cloud's both of em, that just makes it easier for their relationship, while V was just a merc' and Judy doesn't trust us at all until later on in the game:sad:

But now I'll get to the point of Judy not loving V, ugh, I really fail to see why would you say that :giveup: for me it seems like Judy loves V more than anyone she met in NC, we were the only ones she opened up to about her past and she even makes us experience some of it with her, she gives us access to her pad which is HUGE, and she cancels her big plans of leaving NC just for V and then when the time comes she leaves NC with V and the Aldecados and she probably knows that it's dangerous but she came with us regardless if that's not love then I dunno, that's how I see it at least.

AAAA I love waking up to one of these, they are so good <3 great work n keep it up!
I agree with you, moreover, I even like to think so. As I said, I could be wrong. But I'm glad I was wrong and glad that there are such good Choombs like you who believe in the love of Judy and V ;)

Yup it is friendship, although it confused me a little when Ev said they and judy go back to years. But Judy seems fine with the job of Ev being a doll, but also she wants to leave city with Ev. o_O
(Assuming she wants to leave city with someone she loves, like she went with fem V and not with male V although in both their is good bond of friendship.)

But I feel different, Judy loves V cause how she reacts to you saying in both something nice and pleasant distraction is very evident. And also text messages and her reaction to your flirting too.

Yeah her wanting to leave with Evelyn confused me a little, they weren't an item or anything, they were friends. That made the Judy scenario with male V seem a little cheap, the fact she won't join the Aldecaldos unless you romance her as Valerie. River and Kerry won't leave with you but they explain that and why during the epilogue, but Judy just kind of ghosts after the diving trip. I think that is fine sort of, but regardless of gender the questline up to the diving trip is the same, so if it was enough for her to fall totally for Valerie, why doesn't she value Vincent?

The approach to quests where your choices simply change what character is standing in X spot and the dialogue is a little ancient at this point. Really, you should be able to get Judy, River and Kerry in the epilogue with a touching goodbye regardless of whether you romance them, with Judy leaving with you. A lot of RPGs suffer from non flexible quest design, A won't appear because at B because you chose X over Y, despite fulfilling the questlines of A, X and Y and it making sense for everyone to appear. They did a really good job with gathering everyone at Kaer Morhen for the pseudo finale in TW3, so I'm surprised they missed the mark with the endings in terms of relationships.

p.s fuck Maiko aka Gonko.

Last edited:
The approach to quests where your choices simply change what character is standing in X spot and the dialogue is a little ancient at this point. Really, you should be able to get Judy, River and Ward in the epilogue with a touching goodbye regardless of whether you romance them, with Judy leaving with you.
I very much agree, and the lack of interaction between characters like Judy and Panam, after all they've shared with V this whole time, felt like such a wasted opportunity. It's like they focused so much on making each arc compelling and memorable (V+Panam+Aldecaldos, V+Judy) but then they forgot to connect them into something bigger towards the end. It's true that the devs might have saved such content for later in the DLCs on purpose, but anyway, it's a fact that less people play the expansions than those who play the base game, so I think more group interaction in the base game would have helped greatly with a more climactic ending for many players. As it is, in Act 2 and Act 3 I sometimes feel that my V is living two or three parallel lives and just can't bring them together for some arbitrary reason that is off our character's hands.
Some of my all time favorite moments in gaming are those when my character brings together a group of old friends, such as forming your ship crew in Gothic 2 or the Mass Effect 3 Citadel. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I enjoyed every second of that Aldecaldos campfire during the train mission, I just feel like these characters deserved more opportunities like that.

For those who know the "ships", what can we call theirs ?

Vudy, Juvy or other name ?
Id go for Juvy! but if you are looking for # its Judy x v as far as I'm aware. :shrug:

I agree with you, moreover, I even like to think so. As I said, I could be wrong. But I'm glad I was wrong and glad that there are such good Choombs like you who believe in the love of Judy and V ;)
and me choom! even if your idea about Judy and V was different, it's nice to see your perspective on them because it opens up discussions. ^-^

Yeah her wanting to leave with Evelyn confused me a little, they weren't an item or anything, they were friends. That made the Judy scenario with male V seem a little cheap, the fact she won't join the Aldecaldos unless you romance her as Valerie. River and Ward won't leave with you but they explain that and why during the epilogue, but Judy just kind of ghosts after the diving trip. I think that is fine sort of, but regardless of gender the questline up to the diving trip is the same, so if it was enough for her to fall totally for Valerie, why doesn't she value Vincent?

Evie might have been her friend yea, but the top tier kind of friend, they went through hell n back together, so it's kinda obvious for me that she wants to leave NC with her bestie, as for Vincent I wouldn't say she doesn't value him, he is a friend that was there for her when she needed help, like Roxanne and Tom, but it's just not enough for her to stay in a place that took everything from her, whenever she tried doing something good it ended up worse all the time.

They did a really good job with gathering everyone at Kaer Morhen for the pseudo finale in TW3, so I'm surprised they missed the mark with the endings in terms of relationships.

Can't really compare the reunion of TW3 to what we got here, in TW3 they were friends sure but these friendships were built on the length of 3 games when you consider what they were owing to Geralt they had to come, and even if it wasn't for him it would be for the good of their world they were there to fight a global menace pretty much.

This is what I read in the messages that Maiko has. And there's more, they lived together in Judy's apartment too. That is, V is not someone special to her, but just a new phase that she mentions in the endings
Ah man, I totally missed those messages! I remember seeing somewhere here that Maiko has messages that open up more of the story, but I could never find them. That totally makes more sense though and thanks to everyone clearing up the situation with Ev! I'm still convinced that Judy does have a soft spot for V and has genuine feelings though. As @BajiHok said, it's nice to have these conversations and see how everyone views these relationships so thanks for your input! If anything, at least her attraction to that gonk is (hopefully) over. Hopefully in upcoming content, they make it a little bit more clear in how everyone feels (& more flirting with Judy) lol

I very much agree, and the lack of interaction between characters like Judy and Panam, after all they've shared with V this whole time, felt like such a wasted opportunity. It's like they focused so much on making each arc compelling and memorable (V+Panam+Aldecaldos, V+Judy) but then they forgot to connect them into something bigger towards the end. It's true that the devs might have saved such content for later in the DLCs on purpose, but anyway, it's a fact that less people play the expansions than those who play the base game, so I think more group interaction in the base game would have helped greatly with a more climactic ending for many players. As it is, in Act 2 and Act 3 I sometimes feel that my V is living two or three parallel lives and just can't bring them together for some arbitrary reason that is off our character's hands.
Some of my all time favorite moments in gaming are those when my character brings together a group of old friends, such as forming your ship crew in Gothic 2 or the Mass Effect 3 Citadel. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I enjoyed every second of that Aldecaldos campfire during the train mission, I just feel like these characters deserved more opportunities like that.

Something Mass Effect nailed even without Citadel was recurring characters and crew interactions, agree 100% that seeing the characters you grow to care about interact with each other adds another level to them, Panam doesn't even meet and greet your LI at the end! I may be remembering it wrong also, but I don't think Vik and Misty ever directly interact with each other either, despite being in the same room for two of the key moments of the main quest, they sort of talk through each other and paraphrase with you afterwards.

They did a lot right with Cyberpunk in terms of story but really missed this, hopefully like you said the DLC might show us more. Judy is a nomad at heart in my opinion, how she restored a broken down fire truck in her teens, I'd love to see her and mitch turn the Basilisk into a war machine. Get to see Panam lose her shit as Judy rips her truck apart and upgrades it on a whim haha. Plus her and Carol... If that isn't a mentor type friendship in the making I don't know what is.

Evie might have been her friend yea, but the top tier kind of friend, they went through hell n back together, so it's kinda obvious for me that she wants to leave NC with her bestie, as for Vincent I wouldn't say she doesn't value him, he is a friend that was there for her when she needed help, like Roxanne and Tom, but it's just not enough for her to stay in a place that took everything from her, whenever she tried doing something good it ended up worse all the time.
She could still go on her road trip and leave Night City. V stays in Night City for about 2 weeks after the final mission, that's enough time to let her know about Arizona and for her to decide if she wants to link up and come with. It honestly feels out of character for her to leave V with their situation whether romanced or not, she'd jump at the chance to help after everything V does for her. More I think about it the more it feels like we might get a crew together in the DLC to find a cure, and Judy's tech smarts are a key part of that I bet. She's probably smart enough to reverse engineer soulkiller and tweak it to force V's Johnny-body to accept the V engram, with enough support of course.

Can't really compare the reunion of TW3 to what we got here, in TW3 they were friends sure but these friendships were built on the length of 3 games when you consider what they were owing to Geralt they had to come, and even if it wasn't for him it would be for the good of their world they were there to fight a global menace pretty much.

Forsure the stakes are different, but having Vik, Misty, River, Kerry, Mama Welles and the Judes in the epilogue would be special, and not out of character or out of place for any of them. Feels shit ghosting all of them like we aren't even in control of V.

Ah man, I totally missed those messages! I remember seeing somewhere here that Maiko has messages that open up more of the story, but I could never find them. That totally makes more sense though and thanks to everyone clearing up the situation with Ev! I'm still convinced that Judy does have a soft spot for V and has genuine feelings though. As @BajiHok said, it's nice to have these conversations and see how everyone views these relationships so thanks for your input! If anything, at least her attraction to that gonk is (hopefully) over. Hopefully in upcoming content, they make it a little bit more clear in how everyone feels (& more flirting with Judy) lol
I could be wrong about Judy though,but Maiko still keeps her photo and her messages.But I don't think we should worry,because Judy is happy with us in the Star ending we can hear that.Maiko brings a certain contrast of relations to the story itself, she is a traitor, and we are a prince for Judy.Maiko is our complete opposite.And I think that's what she's here for

I also feel like CDPR missed huge opportunity of main characters interacting with each other. Having Judy working together with Panam/River/Kerry would be hella interesting. Seeing how they would get along with each other or how their friendship (or rivalry?) would develop with time could be really nice addition to the game. So again, it's all about interactions, simple thing, but lack of them makes the game feel just empty. CDPR have created amazing characters with outstanding backstories and questlines, but they forgot about something no less important and that is interactivity. It just feels wrong to leave all of these characters just like that after completing their questlines, which as we all know are truly amazing. Since all of our LIs still have huge unrealized potential, I expect CDPR to build on it. Expansion based on saving V is great opportunity to make JudyxPanam interactions happen, as well as all other possible combinations. It would be great to see CDPR give these characters opportunities to meet each other, just after adding more content between V and LIs.

Top Bottom