Judy romance update/expansion/DLC.

+
Look what I found!

1612019038191.png

It's by Pear.

Have to ask few questions to get a feel for where the community sees priority in quest structure for DLC in regards to Judy.

Seen how gameplay here has been going, most of us are already in Arizona with our wishes. I wanted to ask how many of us see DLC going forward being still very focused on our time in NC with Judy and the others? Specifically the time after the end of Pyramid song and up until the ending, do you see more romance quests being added to give life to the rest of our time in the main game?
Don't see much purpose in doing rest of the random side quests if I know next quest with Judy awaits me only after the ending of the main story which would force her to move from NC, that is an issue for me personally. Would it be enough for you to only get more text messages or a call here and there from her, more dialogue and random interactions in the apartment to motivate you to move tru the rest of the side content till the ending? The answer is likely yes, for most of us, but would you be okey with giving up more quests with her in NC? If not, can we imagine more DLC quests with her tailored to that city before moving on? Do you see such quests added in the current game setting or you feel it would be frowned upon because people just hope to move on with main story that sees Judy move out of NC?

For example some of the possibilities are only endemic to Night City, in NC V is a high profile Edgerunner, you would expect yourself to have lots of enemies and a bounty on your head, you don't in the current state of the game, but one or 2 quests that were to show note of that would go a long way to underline that. As much as you progress your own story and the story of your LI, the city still doesn't seem to reflect your impact back onto you.
  • Now imagine if there was a quest in which Judy sends you a text message to come visit her apartment asap. When you arrive there you see her missing and find signs of a struggle, she doesn't answer calls. You put your detective skills to use and go along a trail that basically exposes a trap set out for you by means of her kidnapping. Further putting you in position of tough choices, sacrifice or possible severe loss. You could ask for help from Panam or River to get an edge in rescuing her or yourself possibly, if you made effort to befriend them ofc. Conclude from here with own imagination at your leisure. The quest could equally start with her missing after a night out drunk with V as was suggested. But this is the kind of quest that would give weight to what we did, to build up and make use of the investment we gave to Judy and our relationships. With consequences for us or them it can only have a more meaningful emotional impact for any romantic quest after. This kind of quest has most impact and logical purpose to happen in NC since V has a big trail in it.
  • If you look at the State of Arizona, thematically it is very fitting to the nomands, the desert like wild west, free and remote from larger cities. But would our desired diving quests with Judy and exploration go out the window with it? NC seems to have lot more potential for more of that, diving aside from Pyramid song has seen no real use in quests. Maybe it was just made for the Pyramid song to start with?
  • Are we ready to leave behind Moxes and other factions that could influence us and our LI in quests or do we hope to get more chance to meet them?
  • Many suggestions like the tattoo feature that could include more dialogue with Judy, dates or hang outs in a bar with possibly other characters involved, the idea to find and gift Judy her firetruck back seem mostly dependent on the setting being Night City. Any braindance related feature or investigation similarly seems to depend on NC atm. The point being that we seem to want to go to Arizona but still see Judy very much dependent on Night City in our propositions for DLC. We have apparently concluded that V's cure is somewhere out of NC so we want to go towards that. Panam is easier to imagine not being part of NC, but it is evidently not the same case with our lovely techie.
Based on that, I have to ask what you see as the biggest priority atm in DLC structure involving Judy and let me know if you:
  • Would prefer more to have the Night City questline with her expanded in base game before moving out of NC, it still holds so much potential in her case, not only with more dialogue and random interactivity in apartment and messages but more quests with her, past that move on
  • Would prefer for Judy to leave NC behind and be involved to whatever extend possible in V's path going forward, her story in NC is told and you don't feel NC missing as long as she is with V all the way, any new quests with her should happen in the new setting she finds herself
  • Would prefer to have at least the added interactivity in apartment and messages for now to keep me awake tru the rest of side quests, but past that focus on moving out of NC and build from there, maybe find a way for Judy to have a reason to visit NC again down the line for possibly more quests there

Of course, you are free to wish for best of all the options, even if its not likely to happen at once, I can't deny you to dream big on the No-breaks Judy Express xD

So feel free to list at least order of importance to you, but in that case keep in mind people that aren't invested in the romances and tell what you feel would get them in on the fun with the new DLC?
Let's also take into account as a baseline that the lack of interactivity will be addressed in some way as it is probably the biggest priority in terms of romances atm for all of those that engage with them. Likewise the issues with dialogue concerning us already being in relationship with Judy when talking to River, these are narrative and logical plot holes that must be addressed and only a lazy team would leave them as they are when they have the option to patch it for a more cohesive storyline. It is after all not a movie that is forever bound to keep its narrative flaws.

@OG_VELI Love that picture, saw that artists work last night. Judy better buckle up.
Post automatically merged:

Have to ask few questions to get a feel for where the community sees priority in quest structure for DLC in regards to Judy.

Seen how gameplay here has been going, most of us are already in Arizona with our wishes. I wanted to ask how many of us see DLC going forward being still very focused on our time in NC with Judy and the others? Specifically the time after the end of Pyramid song and up until the ending, do you see more romance quests being added to give life to the rest of our time in the main game?
Don't see much purpose in doing rest of the random side quests if I know next quest with Judy awaits me only after the ending of the main story which would force her to move from NC, that is an issue for me personally. Would it be enough for you to only get more text messages or a call here and there from her, more dialogue and random interactions in the apartment to motivate you to move tru the rest of the side content till the ending? The answer is likely yes, for most of us, but would you be okey with giving up more quests with her in NC? If not, can we imagine more DLC quests with her tailored to that city before moving on? Do you see such quests added in the current game setting or you feel it would be frowned upon because people just hope to move on with main story that sees Judy move out of NC?

For example some of the possibilities are only endemic to Night City, in NC V is a high profile Edgerunner, you would expect yourself to have lots of enemies and a bounty on your head, you don't in the current state of the game, but one or 2 quests that were to show note of that would go a long way to underline that. As much as you progress your own story and the story of your LI, the city still doesn't seem to reflect your impact back onto you.

Let's also take into account as a baseline that the lack of interactivity will be addressed in some way as it is probably the biggest priority in terms of romances atm for all of those that engage with them. Likewise the issues with dialogue concerning us already being in relationship with Judy when talking to River, these are narrative and logical plot holes that must be addressed and only a lazy team would leave them as they are when they have the option to patch it for a more cohesive storyline. It is after all not a movie that is forever bound to keep its narrative flaws.

I like the idea of a small DLC mission pack in NC. For everything and all the characters before the big expansions. It would be like a nice buffer to further develop the bonds and loose strings left at the end of Act 2.

Per the Judy factor of it all and going into the DLCs and expansions. I think (and it goes without saying with equal care to other characters) that Judy as i've mentioned above, is important to the story on the whole. I just want to see her more involved with V's life and considering Star, Sun and Devil endings. I think she very well will be. Panam has an equal important part to play as well. The other characters like River or Kerry also play roles albeit smaller but still have value and importance. Kerry is the rich best friend and River is now a PI gunrunner. Provided of course the player completed those relationship steps.

Judy is an unsung genius. Sure there are mentions of what she can do on shards and her emails. But keeping in mind that she made a combat chip in a matter of hours with a failsafe in place. She very much could help the scientists that will help V, or just cure V herself. With aid from the Aldecaldos or what other entities are in play. Judy will fight for V, she has a classic trope written into her core "The lady dos protest too much" that aspect alone will make her need to help V. While not Tsundere like Johnny, she is sensitive and V is the one who gets her walls to come down. This is what would motivate Judy, romanced or not she can't help but worry for V.

Edits: Got cut off while writing, tablets can be finicky. Added a bit more to my thoughts here.

Last edited:
Specifically the time after the end of Pyramid song and up until the ending, do you see more romance quests being added to give life to the rest of our time in the main game?
I think what they could do is what we have been suggesting; meetups with them. I see it quite hard to fit more Quests in for them before the ending. If they were to add more Quests, I personally would prefer them being after a particular ending. However, this would then depend on the chosen ending. It's all spaghetti at the moment, but I think the great writers at CDPR will find a way :D

Plenty of games where there aren't romances, in fact they're the majority. I don't understand people that "hijack" a romance thread of said romance that already exists in game and either say "its not a dating sim" or "romances shouldn't be in this game", like why this particular game shouldn't have romances? They're a vital part in rpg - and yes game got renamed from rpg to "action adventure" but it DOES still have rpg elements in it.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. If you don't like romances, don't romance. Plain and simple.

I didn't see you all complaining about the romances in witcher so... :shrug: Tired of seeing posts like this. Anyway, rant over. Carry on.

HFAQxR9.png

So, to that choom i would recommend something on the lines of Dark Souls or Call of Duty, no romances there whatsoever! :)

Well technically you can get married in Dark Souls 3
But yeah, wouldn't call that a romance, especially if getting married means killing the dude/chick with a ceremonial sword

I definitely think that it would be a waste to "move on" that quickly to another area when NC has so much potential. From CDPR perspective it seems safer to start adding small things in NC since the setting is already in place and it would strengthen the player base.
Wether it takes the form of full fledged quests or small interactions here and there I don't think I have a preference, the important thing being that your relationship is evolving in a living city. You just have to read a few suggestions on this forum to understand that anything related to LIs would be very welcomed if it has good writing and RPG mechcnics, and especially if it doesn't exclusively revolve around shooting stuff but rather on building love and friendship.
Personnaly I don't mind waiting for a bigger expension as long as it do comes when it is ready.

Would prefer more to have the Night City questline with her expanded in base game before moving out of NC, it still holds so much potential in her case, not only with more dialogue and random interactivity in apartment and messages but more quests with her, past that move on
Maybe? I don't know. For me, it feels like her story is finished in NC. But of course, that doesn't mean she can't get involved in whatever V is struggling against. You know, so that it's not about helping her, but helping V instead.

Judy leaving the city is inevitable, remember. Prolonging that as much as possible is not healthy for the main narrative.

And if a new questline were to open up or an extension of some sort for Judy in NC, this could mean that we won't get enough quality time with her afterward. I don't see the devs putting the same amount of effort into NC, Arizona, and Crystal Palace at the same time. That's possible, don't get me wrong, but I believe only one of them will be the main focus if Arizona or Crystal Palace is a thing.

Would prefer for Judy to leave NC behind and be involved to whatever extend possible in V's path going forward, her story in NC is told and you don't feel NC missing as long as she is with V all the way, any new quests with her should happen in the new setting she finds herself
This is self-explanatory if a DLC in Arizona happens. From that point on, writers can do whatever they think is best for V. I know they can manage to make it right.

But goddammit, don't forget about Judy and Panam as their love interest, and not only a helping hand for story content.

Would prefer to have at least the added interactivity in apartment and messages for now to keep me awake tru the rest of side quests, but past that focus on moving out of NC and build from there, maybe find a way for Judy to have a reason to visit NC again down the line for possibly more quests there
All of that said interactivity with her: apartment, messages, calls, and what not, to me, feel like content up until a major expansion, if they can manage it. If not, then all of that might come in said expansion.

As for having reasons to return, I can see this happening. Remember, at the end of the day, NC is the main antagonist of the game, and you can see that if you pay attention. And the fact that a lot of effort was put into making it, the devs most definitely won't waste all of the potential it has to offer.

So, want it or not, NC is gonna get expanded no matter what. Some aspects in bigger, others in smaller ways.

Last edited:
I'd love all of this for the three romantic interest (#TeamJudy!). Hell I'd like to be able to call them up and simply ask them to go for a joyride in the car. They have to add more dialogue / interaction for these characters in the expansion or dlcs. And the whole bit about V reserving her real name for those close to her, the epilogue with Judy, Panam, and River, they should have called V - Valerie and Vincent. It would have felt more intimate.

I'd love all of this for the three romantic interest (#TeamJudy!). Hell I'd like to be able to call them up and simply ask them to go for a joyride in the car. They have to add more dialogue / interaction for these characters in the expansion or dlcs.
Welcome to the forum choom, you prolly missed Kerry as the fourth romance option didn't you? Poor Kerry xD

Happiest day of my life that one :coolstory:

Also, this is a cool exercise:

I think you've inferred many of my positions correctly. Especially in terms lacking interactivity and story dialogue. I don't think location (Arizona vs. NC) is truly a problem. I find it very likely that whatever new world-space they decide to make can coexist no prob with NC. In fact, if I had to give my guess, I'd say going back to NC from time to time will be a thing, even if there's a new world space, this so that the new world-space feels like an addition to whats already in game, not a replacement (Something between HoS and B&W).

Would be kinda disappointed if they went B&W regarding romances, primarily because of how short the main game is, specially in terms of the topic at hand. I don't need to see a "main" side quest thread from our LI again, however I would love to see one. If I sum up my favorite ideas that I've read from many posters in this thread, I would classify them in two sets, like so:

Main mission involvement:

1. I would like to see the LI involved in the story
  2. I would like to see the story acknowledge your choices regarding romance (having the appropriate dialogue options with the River situation for example)
  3. I would love to see Li interact with other characters of the story, kinda develop their own friendships and relationships too.
  4. I would love to see Li have new dialogues as V progresses in the story (No more mox, new braindances?, if I wasn't always on the move... only options )
  5. I would love for them to add 1 mission that starkly contrast to whatever dire situation the player is/was on and make it just plain fan service. In which every character just goofs around, gets drunk, do stupid things. Those always end up leaving me with a super satisfied experience for the whole game. Kinda Citadel or Getting drunk with Lenny in RDR2. You can find cool dialogue with LI and friends, see them do stupid shit and interact with each other and make you feel that whatever choices you made with them in the story mattered, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

Discoverability/immerssion/quality of life:

1. I would like to have a big set of random text conversations that can take place (and maybe voice convos), Knowing theres like +200 conversations waiting to trigger randomly really brings life to the character and makes me want to discover what will happen next. This would be even better if some of them would give you secret voiced side missions. I would be always at the edge of my seat.
  2. Replayable hangouts, this in order to mitigate the lack of activities after the main Li side quests have been completed.
  3. Interactivity with the environment and immersion (for example being able to interact with stuff in the apartment fully)
  4. LIs should have a somewhat changing schedule.

As a side note, I would love to see a mission in which some bad blood between V and some gang makes the goons kidnap someone like Judy, just so I can go have and excuse to go full John Wick on their asses and get her back, even better If she just blows the whole fucking thing to the ground at the end just to show who's boss. But I digress, this is not at all relevant for the point above.

I'd love all of this for the three romantic interest (#TeamJudy!). Hell I'd like to be able to call them up and simply ask them to go for a joyride in the car. They have to add more dialogue / interaction for these characters in the expansion or dlcs. And the whole bit about V reserving her real name for those close to her, the epilogue with Judy, Panam, and River, they should have called V - Valerie and Vincent. It would have felt more intimate.

Welcome choomba :beer:

I think that it would be nice to have a small piece of DLC that takes place in between Pyramid Song and the actual ending of the main story, to add more content with your LI ( in this case, Judy ) along with the small interactions and details we mentioned before ( messages, random events in Judy's apartment, dates of some sort, gifts for, and so on ). It would, as you well said, some additional motivation to actually continue playing the side jobs, quests and interacting in general with the base game before jumping into the expansion.
I'll admit that, for me, it would be enough just to have more interactions with our LI until the endgame. But, again, i would never complain to see more quests with her in NC before the ending of the main game, something along the lines of what you said there, like more diving missions, or something like a kidnapping of some sorts, that would let you ask for help of other friends of V like Panam and River.

As for the aspect of NC actually acknowledging V's presence and status outside of Main or Side quests, i think that it is something CDPR needs to give some work too. Because, as you said, none of your interactions with the city actually reflect back on V or hers/his LI. I would love to be able to do some sidequests for the Mox, in order to help Judy at Lizzie's or with something in her work, and to be able to see the reaction of the members of the actual gang and their rivals towards my V. This is an aspect that, by itself, could lead to some small but cool sidequests, both with Judy, seeing as she is a member of the Mox, or with other LI, if you choose to interact with their associates too.

Also agree completely with this, the lack of interactivity is one of, if not the biggest priotity in terms of the romances atm. And those issues with the dialogs with other characters too. I'm confident that CDPR will adress this soon, both to patch these plot cohesion holes that they create, and to further the immersion of the game, i think they're aware that no one actually acknowledges that you are in a relationship in any dialogues outside your romance up until the endgame. In this case, in the dialogue with River it makes a otherwise really cool sequence really unconfortable if you are in a relationship with Judy , because of the lack of options that let you state to the other characters aroud you that you are in fact in a relationship.

I think there's a lot of possibilities for CDPR to work on, both in NC and in Arizona, the former being a ''tool'' to enrich the base game and the romances in on themselves, and in Arizona, well, to expand on the diamonds they've given us, and give us more
Judy, Aldecaldos, and a lot more V and Judy together!

Once again, aweasome post, Trinixy! :ok::beer: The Judy Express has no breaks! :cool:

For me it is definitely more texts and animation in apartment, she standing all day and night doesn't make her lively. Also receiving text if you did some big gigs (example shown by se zenphor) will be also good.(especially more text from Panam, if you romance her).

Lets see if they can go to that extent to provide fans judy content. Totally depends on them. Although by Judy's statement,"Quality over quantity V" I dont think they will add more midgame quest after Pyramid Song.(Please CDPR prove me wrong for this).

About continuation of story, any ending can go anywhere. We have discussed possibility of star and sun ending leading to meet Panam and Judy. Who knows if you get Star ending and you arent cured, Rogue calls someone wants to meet you. Then welcome back to NC.(Female V going back to NC, will make Judy mad though). I am putting this possibility only if dev doesn't want to waste their efforts on creating NC.

I found a link on Panam thread, I dunno if its true or not. Click here.

But yeah, wouldn't call that a romance, especially if getting married means killing the dude/chick with a ceremonial sword
Hahahaha, indeed! Wouldn't be a true Dark Souls romance if not for sacrificing them in the end of it hahah :ROFLMAO: :coolstory:

Welcome, choom! :beer: :cool:

Top Bottom