Judy romance update/expansion/DLC.

+
It seems that game has some cut dialogues between game characters.
For example.
There are a few lines in the game files that suggest there might have been the option to talk to other characters about V's relationship. To the end of the lang_en_text.archive/onscreens.json file there are lines like these:
"Panam asks V what's up, she's just done with one of her jobs and she's though about V."
"V answers she spent the entire day with Judy and she's exhausted."
"V says she had a blast with Judy during their investigation."
"Panam asks about Judy, tries to not sound too jealous but obviously is."
Probably Panam can be jealous of male V for Judy. That would be so touching and romantic scene. But we know male V can calm Panam down and explain her who is friend and who is more than just a friend:coolstory:
Really hope free DLCs will give us these scenes

Judy likes lazerpop (I think the poster in her room is a lazerpop artist according to Johnny), Us Cracks are lazerpop. It would be cute to have a mission where she's constantly trying to not fangirl in front of you and the girls, get's really drunk and embarrasses you and Kerry. Kerry could be hilarious teasing her about it while you're there either getting annoyed at him or trying to hide your laughter too.

Really, anything that gets these characters to interact would be a home run. The closest any characters get to interaction is Misty and Vik, Judy and Evelyn, and the Aldecaldo's with one another, but they all knew eachother before you! Even during The Star ending, you talk to Judy about Panam, who's 10 meters away, but they never interact! Panam doesn't even acknowledge Misty either when she turns up to her shop. All these great characters and it's like they don't exist if they aren't talking directly at you, even when another major character is right next to them.

When Judy hears Johnny talk, that was also a missed opportunity to have some banter between the two. For a game that tries to make you feel like you're another brick in the wall, you are oddly at the center of everyone else's world.

Hello Judy's Gang :beer:

I've dived into game archives (thanks to @totallyswagulous) and found something that I don't recognize from the game:

"Panam asks V what's up, she's just done with one of her jobs and she's though about V"
"Panam is impressed with V's investigation skills and is amazed anyone can be found in this city alive."
"Panam asks who Judy is."
"V describes Judy as a great engineer, a bd editor."
"V describes Judy as a close friend and a person she can trust."
"Panam says she sound like someone she'd like to meet and know."
"Panam understands V needs to gather allies and she's happy V tries to do so no matter what."

I wonder why Panam would be jealous of Valerie though.

Judy likes lazerpop (I think the poster in her room is a lazerpop artist according to Johnny), Us Cracks are lazerpop. It would be cute to have a mission where she's constantly trying to not fangirl in front of you and the girls, get's really drunk and embarrasses you and Kerry. Kerry could be hilarious teasing her about it while you're there either getting annoyed at him or trying to hide your laughter too.

Really, anything that gets these characters to interact would be a home run. The closest any characters get to interaction is Misty and Vik, Judy and Evelyn, and the Aldecaldo's with one another, but they all knew eachother before you! Even during The Star ending, you talk to Judy about Panam, who's 10 meters away, but they never interact! Panam doesn't even acknowledge Misty either when she turns up to her shop. All these great characters and it's like they don't exist if they aren't talking directly at you, even when another major character is right next to them.

When Judy hears Johnny talk, that was also a missed opportunity to have some banter between the two. For a game that tries to make you feel like you're another brick in the wall, you are oddly at the center of everyone else's world.

I wonder why Panam would be jealous of Valerie though.
It is probably misspelled there, as @Vitalurg said before Panam would be jealous of Vincent and Judy's relation.

I've dived into game archives (thanks to @totallyswagulous) and found something that I don't recognize from the game:

"Panam asks V what's up, she's just done with one of her jobs and she's though about V"
"Panam is impressed with V's investigation skills and is amazed anyone can be found in this city alive."
"Panam understands V needs to gather allies and she's happy V tries to do so no matter what."

I wish that this was in the game. How much stuff were the devs not able to finish because of management smh. Damn I feel so bad for the devs. Really wonder what all the free stuff is going to be, if this is anything to go on.

What's that Reily Reed meme? Ahem "Oh fuck put it back in!" Ah scuse me but yes that's the one. These character moments are so good! I really hope this is the kind of stuff that's on the way. They have made such a great game, it can be even greater.

Last edited:
Ummm.. isnt romance also a big part of story? I mean you literally have different endings because of that. Here we are talking about Judy's role and more details that we like to see added in dlc.
Witcher 3 had more depth in romance than cp2077(you also get different people to romance in expansion), seriously bad example.:LOL:
Try Free fire/pubg type game, no romance there.

Perfect example if you understand logic. Here is the difference.

Here you want more romance scenes with Judy in a DLC.

Witcher3 HOS had romance with a whole new character (actually from witcher 1) Shani. B&W had ZERO romance scens with anyone outside of brothels. So please explain your logic on how TW3 is a great example of showing who you romanced in the main game also being the romance in the DLC's.

Argue for Judy all you want but be logical.

Perfect example if you understand logic. Here is the difference.

Here you want more romance scenes with Judy in a DLC.

Witcher3 HOS had romance with a whole new character (actually from witcher 1) Shani. B&W had ZERO romance scens with anyone outside of brothels. So please explain your logic on how TW3 is a great example of showing who you romanced in the main game also being the romance in the DLC's.

Argue for Judy all you want but be logical.
To be fair, Geralt isn't in a relationship with anyone in TW3 and Shani is in H&S before he chooses Triss or Yen. You can romance your love interest very early in Cyberpunk, unless it's Kerry who you meet right at the end.

It seems that game has some cut dialogues between game characters.
For example.

Probably Panam can be jealous of male V for Judy. That would be so touching and romantic scene. But we know male V can calm Panam down and explain her who is friend and who is more than just a friend:coolstory:
Really hope free DLCs will give us these scenes
Please no irrationally jealous girlfriend trope with Panam. I had enough of that with Yen in the Witcher 3 when she thought that having amnesia wasn't an excuse for getting into a relationship with Triss. That's a terrible way to write women and a terrible thing to think is endearing.

Sorry, bit of a hot take I suppose.

Why would Panam, a straight woman, be jealous of a lesbian. I still don't understand much of these lines, especially when V is depicted as "she" in them. :giveup:
Doesn't seem like mispelling, if so, then that's a lot of mispelling about V's gender. Unless Panam has no idea Judy likes the ladies, then that would make sense if it were lines for Vincent. But Valerie is mentioned here instead.

I'm still a bit confused by these lines, probably that's why they didn't add them in game. :ROFLMAO:

Edit, unless the pronouns she are used but you have a male body. I keep forgetting Panam doesn't care about voice.

These don't look like dialogue, but more like script lines, or something like that, for characters interacting with each other. Probably cut, unused, or just saved for the future (please).

Last edited:
Have to ask few questions to get a feel for where the community sees priority in quest structure for DLC in regards to Judy.

Seen how gameplay here has been going, most of us are already in Arizona with our wishes. I wanted to ask how many of us see DLC going forward being still very focused on our time in NC with Judy and the others? Specifically the time after the end of Pyramid song and up until the ending, do you see more romance quests being added to give life to the rest of our time in the main game?
Don't see much purpose in doing rest of the random side quests if I know next quest with Judy awaits me only after the ending of the main story which would force her to move from NC, that is an issue for me personally. Would it be enough for you to only get more text messages or a call here and there from her, more dialogue and random interactions in the apartment to motivate you to move tru the rest of the side content till the ending? The answer is likely yes, for most of us, but would you be okey with giving up more quests with her in NC? If not, can we imagine more DLC quests with her tailored to that city before moving on? Do you see such quests added in the current game setting or you feel it would be frowned upon because people just hope to move on with main story that sees Judy move out of NC?

For example some of the possibilities are only endemic to Night City, in NC V is a high profile Edgerunner, you would expect yourself to have lots of enemies and a bounty on your head, you don't in the current state of the game, but one or 2 quests that were to show note of that would go a long way to underline that. As much as you progress your own story and the story of your LI, the city still doesn't seem to reflect your impact back onto you.

Let's also take into account as a baseline that the lack of interactivity will be addressed in some way as it is probably the biggest priority in terms of romances atm for all of those that engage with them. Likewise the issues with dialogue concerning us already being in relationship with Judy when talking to River, these are narrative and logical plot holes that must be addressed and only a lazy team would leave them as they are when they have the option to patch it for a more cohesive storyline. It is after all not a movie that is forever bound to keep its narrative flaws.
In my opinion we should get some romance content midgame first to fill that hole after these characters questlines. This is big issue right now which breaks the immersion immediately. I would really love to play the game again but this reason solely discourages me from doing that. Like you said, there is still lot to do (with her) in Night City. This city honestly didn't achieve it's full potential if it comes to hanging out here with or without our romances. A lot of golden ideas we had with Judy are strictly related to NC. CDPR have lot of possibilities in this case and we don't really have to look far. We've had lot of mini quests ideas like the tattoos one, we could also make use of all Night City's bars and pubs by having an option to invite LIs there, lot of quests ideas based on these characters backstory like gifting the firetruck. I feel like these things are needed to be done first alongside with adding more texts and dialogues, to make the base of the game feel completed. Of course Arizona/Continuation of the game with our LI is long-term goal, which we all need to see happen, but first things first.
Post automatically merged:

@OG_VELI Love that picture, saw that artists work last night. Judy better buckle up.
Post automatically merged:

I like the idea of a small DLC mission pack in NC. For everything and all the characters before the big expansions. It would be like a nice buffer to further develop the bonds and loose strings left at the end of Act 2.

Per the Judy factor of it all and going into the DLCs and expansions. I think (and it goes without saying with equal care to other characters) that Judy as i've mentioned above, is important to the story on the whole. I just want to see her more involved with V's life and considering Star, Sun and Devil endings. I think she very well will be. Panam has an equal important part to play as well. The other characters like River or Kerry also play roles albeit smaller but still have value and importance. Kerry is the rich best friend and River is now a PI gunrunner. Provided of course the player completed those relationship steps.

Judy is an unsung genius. Sure there are mentions of what she can do on shards and her emails. But keeping in mind that she made a combat chip in a matter of hours with a failsafe in place. She very much could help the scientists that will help V, or just cure V herself. With aid from the Aldecaldos or what other entities are in play. Judy will fight for V, she has a classic trope written into her core "The lady dos protest too much" that aspect alone will make her need to help V. While not Tsundere like Johnny, she is sensitive and V is the one who gets her walls to come down. This is what would motivate Judy, romanced or not she can't help but worry for V.

Edits: Got cut off while writing, tablets can be finicky. Added a bit more to my thoughts here.
Just like you have said, all of LIs are people with some big skills and possibilities, everyone in different fields, also all of them got some big reasons to help V if we made their side stories. It feels like all of them working together are needed for V to find that cure. This is why I really think that they all will be key characters in the expansions, and I'm not even taking in consideration their popularity right now. It just seems logical to make them main characters in V's adventure of looking for cure.

Last edited:

So, it seems people are still finding more hidden stuff.
Imagine these dialogues came up just because you were rude to Judy in Automatic Love. RPGed! XD
(Game restarts)
How bizarre, on my fem V playthrough I was maximum asshole during Atomic Love and was never rejected. I did call Judy after Clouds though (without her asking or a objective prompt - very cool phonecall overall, she is shocked you helped her) so maybe that was it.

How bizarre, on my fem V playthrough I was maximum asshole during Atomic Love and was never rejected. I did call Judy after Clouds though (without her asking or a objective prompt - very cool phonecall overall, she is shocked you helped her) so maybe that was it.
Looking through that person's tweets, it looks a male body with a female voice is being used, so I'm guessing that's why?

This is a work of mod bro.... I meant people are finding hidden stuff in game files (not in playthrough). Thats why I said if CDPR could have added this only if you were rude, many people will be restarting those quests.
What mod does that? Cool that it exists though, thought there was a way to actually get rejected.

Top Bottom