Judy romance update/expansion/DLC.

+
- At the start of the game when we get the chip in our head it's basically preparing the body for a new host "Johnny" therefore the body is V's, but the brain is shared, V controls the body because Johnny doesn't want to be an ass about it and he starts understanding what's happening, but the process of writing Johnny data by the chip is still going on regardless.
The Relic isn't overwriting the body, it's overwriting V's brain - personality and memories. It doesn't alter the body itself in any shape or form, just the brain.

-At the end of the game the chip practically did its job of preparing the body for Johnny so it's not V's anymore when we are in Mikoshi Alt splits Johnny and V but the body is there waiting for Johnny so Alt gives us a way out by cleaning the chip and writing everything that's left concerning V on it to make V live, but the body that is for Johnny now will consider V as an intruder "tumour" as she says.
This whole "prepare a body for Johnny" thing is just bad writing in my eyes. Because if you think about it, to make a suitable body for Johnny, you would need to make a perfect copy of V's brain and body a perfect copy of the original Johnny's brain and body. The relic is not capable of doing this - at all. As it is now, it's just a big plot hole than anything else, which needs a big explanation from the writers.

Now, this is where you lose me because it doesn't make any sense, when you think about it why doesn't the chip act like she did when Johnny was part of V and reverse the situation, pretty much like rewrite everything to make the body the property of V again since the consciousness of V is on the chip like Johnny at the beginning.
Because it doesn't work backward. The damage is already done, the Relic is finishing its process of completely overwriting V's brain, but then Alt splits you and Johnny apart, creating Engram V to "save" your life.

As for the consciousness, well, consciousness is not on the Chip. Consciousness can only be inside someone's unique physical brain - it can never leave. That's why Johnny is only but some data, that has all the memories and the entire personality of the original him - that's it.

Last edited:
The Relic isn't overwriting the body, it's overwriting V's brain - personality and memories. It doesn't alter the body itself in any shape or form, just the brain.

That was what we thought at the start, yes. However, as revealed in all the endings, the relic is in fact changing your body. Henc why V's own body is fighting against itself. It's like if you put an incompatible organ transplant into someone, your body rejects it. That's effectively what is happening with V.

This whole "prepare a body for Johnny" thing is just bad writing in my eyes. Because if you think about it, to make a suitable body for Johnny, you would need to make a perfect copy of V's brain and body a perfect copy of the original Johnny's brain and body. The relic is not capable of doing this - at all. As it is now, it's just a big plot hole than anything else, which needs a big explanation from the writers.

Agreed. I believe it is infact tuning V's body to host Johnny's engram, but the actual rug pull at the end is 100% to set up for a post-game DLC.

On that point, I'll elaborate. The engram was never actually designed to work with two "consciousnesses", instead, you'd find a recently dead body, slot the relic in, and the chip would resurrect them into the person that was stored on the relic. The problem is the fact that V was not entirely dead when the relic thought she was, because Deshawn was a moron.

Because it doesn't work backward. The damage is already done, the Relic is finishing its process of completely overwriting V's brain, but then Alt splits you and Johnny apart, creating Engram V to "save" your life.

A larger plothole imo is why you can't just use the same relic technology to reverse the damage to V, using the same process that it did for Johnny. If anything, this would be a more intended use of the relic. (V's body is technically "dead" while she is in Mikoshi). The old relic with Johnny is not an issue post game, but why can't the lingering damage be fixed with the relic again?

As for the consciousness, well, consciousness is not on the Chip. Consciousness can only be inside someone's unique physical brain - it can never leave. That's why Johnny is only but some data, that has all the memories and the entire personality of the original him - that's it.

This is a minefield for semantics. I'd rather we leave it at the "Soul" isn't transferred because that's specifically all that is stated by the game. That leaves it open for interpetration (of which, mine is that it doesn't matter and its purely spirtual nonsense) Johnny not having consciousness would imply that Johnny somehow inherits V's consciousness in Temperance, when that isn't the case.

Last edited:
Can we just agree Temperance ending has no future? Judy Tax must be paid now.

@XxSalviixX Loved your pics, saving them at the speed of light.
I really liked the idea of giving Johnny the body, especially with how upset V gets when you cross the bridge as Johnny, but the fact he ghosts and leaves everyone worried and upset... Nah, he can fuck off over the Gonkwall with Alt Gonkingham.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a great game, we all know that. But it also feels a bit unfinished and rushed, the same goes for the romance of Judy. Don’t get me wrong I love the story and how it unfolds but in the end it’s done, there is nothing more. Sure you get to go to her apartment and say a few words, but that’s it, I mean you can’t even sleep there. So I thought there should be an update/expansion/dlc, whatever you want to call it, for her romance.

1. Really living together.

I think you should be able to really live together with Judy and being able to choose a apartment to live together, your apartment, her apartment, her lakeview cabin or even renting/buying a different apartment. This includes also being able to sleep together from late nights to early mornings, not sex we’ll get to that later, and waking up next to each other.

2. Dates.

Being able to go out on a date like going for some dinner at a restaurant or make dinner yourself (maybe in some sort of minigame) and have some conversations or going to the arcade and playing games together ,which also adds a location to play minigames, or going to see a movie or going bars and clubs to dance and drink and maybe have dinner at mama Welles.

XxSalviixX:
They should bring a repetible mission, where you start it calling judy,Panam or River, selecting an option like "hang out" then, the mission says (pick up "Judy" in her appartment, then when you pick her up, the mission changes to (enjoy your time in a location with her) in the restaurant/bar/anywhere, then, a new objetive (enjoy your time with her) when you finish, a new objetive (send Judy back to her appartment) and then the last objetive (pass the night with Judy or say "good bye" to her) i think it is not so difficult to do and could mark the difference.

3. Road trip.

Icinix:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/spoilers-judy-dlc-idea.11069858/

XxSalviixX:
i think it would be amazing if they add an expansion which includes a new map in arizona, where judy and Panam make their new home, we could travel to Nc and Arizona using the nomad tunnels so there would be not problem with that, with this you could continue the storyline trying to find a cure for V with panam and judy´s help, in femenine V you could have the help of Judy too, cause she is your couple and she would help you for sure. I think Judy and Panam are 2 amazing Npcs that need more interaction and a good place in a future DLC for sure.

4. Sex

Sex is a very important thing in a relationship even in the relation between V and Judy, they are going to want to live out their urges. So there should be a chance that Judy will call V to have sex and can also happen after a date and have multiple sex scenes in different locations.

5. More Romance.

Romance is of course the most important part and should feel more intimate than it does now. That’s why Judy should call you by your full name. But I think there should be progression in the relationship, achieved with missions of course, and get more intimate and maybe eventually lead to engagement/marriage.

Ashii:
So, more text messages to know that Judy remembers about V. Something like "hey, I watched some news about gang wars. Be careful out there, ok?", or "Girl, regret you weren't at Lizzie's today. There was a scene between some drunk ass guy and a Mox, it was hilarious". Or something like that, something completely random, not even related to the main story.

This would be my idea of an update/expansion/dlc for the Judy romance. I hope you share this and get cdpr attention.

Suggestions in the comments.
I completely agree with all the options and not just for Judy.I love this game, but after playing 290 hours, I don't want to go back to it,because I already know everything there.If there were those moments you mentioned, I would spend all my free time there.And now everything I did seems useless, I can't even sleep in Judy's apartment.Come on CDPR do something nice with this, please
Post automatically merged:

You know what? I'm just gonna say it. I'd love to get Citadel-like DLC in Cyberpunk. I know it was a massive fan service of a DLC in ME3, but npcs were at least bonding with each other there. That's something I'd like to see, like @orangejacinto mentioned. Some Judy-Panam interaction, especially if V is in a relationship with Judy.

EDIT: And when I say fan service, I hope it would be within reason, of course. Nothing extreme like changing character's sexualities. Had to note that. I meant only interactions.
That's a great idea, you're right, Choomba

Last edited:
Guys, I just want to share a video with you all. (He talks about romance from 09:30)
Our issues with inconsistent romance isnt just restricted to forums or Judy/Panam FC, it has been pointed out by others too.
I have been following this guy for years on YT (for his Witcher 3 hidden details related videos) and he pointed out about that plothole in River's quest at around 11:00. (He also discussed later in the video about that engram stuff that was discussed yesterday.)

I didnt knew base version of TW3 didnt had much options with Triss. But devs later added after getting the feedback from the gamers, so I am hopeful that they will listen to us, and we will get more Judy content.
Look_Judy PNG.png

Edit: And as always
JUDYtrainElmo.gif

Last edited:
However, as revealed in all the endings, the relic is in fact changing your body. Henc why V's own body is fighting against itself. It's like if you put an incompatible organ transplant into someone, your body rejects it. That's effectively what is happening with V.
Exactly, but it's only mentioned in the endings, nowhere else. So it means that it's there just to shoehorn the option to give Johnny your body.
On that point, I'll elaborate. The engram was never actually designed to work with two "consciousnesses", instead, you'd find a recently dead body, slot the relic in, and the chip would resurrect them into the person that was stored on the relic. The problem is the fact that V was not entirely dead when the relic thought she was, because Deshawn was a moron.
The Relic was never designed to work with two personalities, not consciousnesses. That's why Hellman says: "what happened to you is interesting indeed," and "What's it like to have two personalities?"

And yes, we don't exactly know if V was dead or not. That never got explained. What we do know is that the Relic thought she was dead, thus starting the overwriting process and reviving V. This is also why we are fighting for our life in the first place.
A larger plothole imo is why you can't just use the same relic technology to reverse the damage to V, using the same process that it did for Johnny. If anything, this would be a more intended use of the relic. (V's body is technically "dead" while she is in Mikoshi). The old relic with Johnny is not an issue post game, but why can't the lingering damage be fixed with the relic again?
Because all the Relic does is overwrites one's memories and personality with the one's on the engram - nothing else. All of that DNA and suitable body plot hole is never explained, or very vaguely at that, so let's leave it alone.

The only logical explanation as to why Johnny can live in V's body, but she can't, is because the overwriting process is nearly finished, so it's not as damaging anymore (since the damage has been already done). What Alt does is she overwrites Johnny's engram on the Relic with V's newly made one, then the Relic starts overwriting parts of the brain that belonged to Johnny so that they belong to V again.
This is a minefield for semantics. I'd rather we leave it at the "Soul" isn't transferred because that's specifically all that is stated by the game. That leaves it open for interpetration (of which, mine is that it doesn't matter and its purely spirtual nonsense) Johnny not having consciousness would imply that Johnny somehow inherits V's consciousness in Temperance, when that isn't the case.
Soulkiller only extracts V's neural network, which translates to memories and personality ("Soul") as V is converted into an engram. You then have two engrams - Johnny's and V's. An engram is nothing but data, and data can't be conscious.

So yes, Johnny's engram does inherit V's consciousness. Or more like V's consciousness inherits Johnny's memories and personality, basically brainwashed into thinking she's Johnny because V's consciousness never left and can't leave her brain.

This is my last post regarding this.

I also apologize for derailing everything into oblivion.

Last edited:
Guys, I just want to share a video with you all. (He talks about romance from 09:30)
Our issues with inconsistent romance isnt just restricted to forums or Judy/Panam FC, it has been pointed out by others too.
I have been following this guy for years on YT (for his Witcher 3 hidden details related videos) and he pointed out about that plothole in River's quest at around 11:00. (He also discussed later in the video about that engram stuff that was discussed yesterday.)

I didnt knew base version of TW3 didnt had much options with Triss. But devs later added after getting the feedback from the gamers, so I am hopeful that they will listen to us, and we will get more Judy content.View attachment 11166140

View attachment 11166143
I just watched the video, yes, that's exactly what I think. I really want the developers to pay attention to the players, listen to us.I don't want to be a whiner, I just want this game to be great. thank you for showing it ;)

I didnt knew base version of TW3 didnt had much options with Triss. But devs later added after getting the feedback from the gamers, so I am hopeful that they will listen to us, and we will get more Judy content.View attachment 11166140

View attachment 11166143
1612444776590.png

His videos are generally very well informed and he has become quite a pillar in the witcher community, so hopefully this will add to the motivation of the devs to add consistent romance content :cool:

And that's why I find the whole situation so confusing :'P !!! I'll just stick to my own view that V is the same person, not a copy or whatever... all that matters is finding a cure for her later either in Arizona or through Mr Blue Eyes, though I would want to see Arizona first for sure and NO I'm not biased hahaa :ohstopit:

I watched it recently, I love this guy and I love how he doesn't focus on bugs, but the actual lack of interactions and how sometimes quests don't make sense like that River quest it was a big yikes for me, guess I'll have to deny that dinner invite like some of you did when I replay the game one day.:ROFLMAO:

UGH I just wish we could know whats next already. BUT the JudyExpress rolls on as we go down the track, no breaks! haha:beer:
Aye thanks for the welcome choomba :") we're gonna make sure the JudyExpress keeps rolling and lay even more tracks down the road, may it never stop because this place is waaay tooo good love y'all! :sad:

Also, I got a piece of news that I really hesitated on posting because the person who posted it that night like 2-3 days ago deleted it after an hour or so, but still... its a ray of hope in my eyes that we will see more Jude's so I'll drop it for you chooms.
Sans titre.png

Hello all! I won't be posting much as I am currently in the UK. I will be playing Cyberpunk over remote play but won't take many pics. So here's one for now.

Judy's position glitched the other day and came in handy for a pic.
PS_App_20210204_101637.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, I got a piece of news that I really hesitated on posting because the person who posted it that night like 2-3 days ago deleted it after an hour or so, but still... its a ray of hope in my eyes that we will see more Jude's so I'll drop it for you chooms.
Just caught up on everyone's posts and I'm loving all the conversations! It's also nice to see so many new faces here and welcome @BajiHok! Thank you for sharing this as it only means we're slowly getting closer to new content :')) Let's keep hyping up our girl until she comes back to us, chooms! :cry:

Here are some photos I took the other day and again, sorry for the bad xbox quality! I absolutely love Judy's tattoos and want to learn more of the backstories on them soo here's a tattoo appreciation post lol
15589579-40d2-4022-9955-732ea8e179c7.PNG

e9e46b9e-3369-4ec6-9d4f-1b764d1feb62.PNG

Since it's still early-ish in the morning for me, I love listening to this preem version of Bells of Laguna Bend as I'm starting off my day. Hope it brings you the same calming feeling that it does for me! Judy Train has no breaks :)

hey people!
i love to come back home and read all your posts.. i really love it!
I didnt see the final scene with V´s voice.. i loved that too.. <3
Ahh.. this game.. as you mentioned guys.. the wait is tough.. but thanks to this thread the wait feels muuch shorter!
Happy_Judy_PNG.png

For me the only ending thats not depressing is the star ending.. i passed the game 5 times.. and the 5 times with the same ending.. from the first time i fell in love with judy.. from that first eyy when ev introduced her the first time.. its incredible how strong a character can mark us.. its beautiful. Sometimes i pass the game just to see that Judy finds the happines as she said in the credits.. i CANT wait.. to see the continuation.. i really need to see whats next.. want to see our new home in Arizona.. the new lands.. all the improvements that are about to come.. i want to see V being a legend.. but not the afterlife one.. want to see V becoming a legend because she beated the city.. she left it.. alive and with love/friends something that not so many can tell.. i need to see the continuation of the story because i know that NC will not let V goes so easily.. V will find new enemies.. and i want to see how passes through all this.. this time with the help of Jude and Panam.. Kerry and River.. For me.. the game will never end until i see V alive, cured and with her love/friends by her side.. being all legends.. for survive and beat the city as i said.. We just have to wait guys.. im sure that CDPR knows what the people are requesting.. Im sure they have read this thread and Panam one.. and they know what can generate more money for them so :shrug:..
Cant wait :giveup:..
I think that we might see jhony again as well.. dont know.. at the end he says something like "if i learned something from you v, is to save the best for the ending.." (in the spanish version is something like this..) so maybe we will see him again in cyber space? who knows..

Another thing.. If you guys never heard the spanish voice of Judy, give it a try! her voice is amazingly sweet.. with that mexican accent.. i love it!! :ok:

Damn guys.. the wait is killing me.. hahaha
Yeah, me too! Always a delight to log in and read all the posts you guys make here!
Happy_Judy_PNG.png

The only valid ending is the star ending for me hahaha! I finished the game 3 times, going in for a fourth now, all with the same ending as well. The Star encapsulates the best of everything imo! Now, that's a concept i loved to read, V becoming a legend, but not in the Afterlife, not in NC, but for being able to beat and leave NC! Very well said, @XxSalviixX !

Can't wait to see what lies ahead for V, Judy and Panam, them having beat Night City as you said, and being another kind of legend! :giveup:

I was talking about this with a friend of mine the other day, i think too that we might get to see Johnny again in an interaction in the cyberspace. Would love to see V cured, with Judy and Panam, and being able to tell Johnny something like ''Hey, followed your first good advice, Johnny. Never stopped fighting, and never will'' :sad:

In my next playthrough i'll give the spanish dub a try, must be so sweet to hear Judy's accent in spanish! :sad::ok:

Damn i love this pics Raendwyr!! absolutely beautiful ones!! the last one with that smile of judy.. is sweet and naughty at the same time! love it! and the one under the water.. perfect!! need more! hahaha <3 :love:
As you said im totally sure that CDPR will bring more quality content with Judy and the rest of romances.. it is neccesary 100% hahaha ;]

Thank you for the kind words, @XxSalviixX ! <3:love: Really appreciate it!!
Happy_Judy_PNG.png

Yeah, i think that last one might have become my favorite out of the ones i shot! Loved her smile on that one, as you said, sweet but naughty at the same time!
Look_Judy_6 PNG.png

Also, these are some breathtaking shots you took! Loved the last one with Judy looking that the paintings on her wall! Beautiful!!! :sad::love:

Yes! Just a matter of time now, choom! Soon we'll be celebrating more content, with Judy in game, and here on the Judy Express too! :cool:

But damn, this wait is killing me too!! hahaha! :giveup:

I have played it so many times, it just calms you to the core. Only few games soundtrack which had such magic and I didnt got bored.
Btw early in the morning eh? Here it is nighty night, a game character united people from far off geographical location.:D
Late afternoon here! And yeah, i've had really just a handful of soundtracks that had this magic in them, and even fewer that were on the same level as Bells of Laguna Bend. Just a beautiful and calming track, never get bored of it!

Judy's Express knows no breaks and no time limits haha! :cool: :beer:

Hope all of you are having a great day, chooms! Love you all, and again, it's always a great feeling to come here and read all your posts! <3
Happy_Judy_PNG.png
Here's some pics i took, just for you guys!
Judy_wink.png

photomode_03022021_185731.png
photomode_03022021_172837.png

As always, Judy's Express has no breaks! <3
Judy's Here To Party by fluskywolf.gif

Attachments

• Happy_Judy_PNG.png
    Happy_Judy_PNG.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I've literally just finished Judy's romance for the 2nd time and it's NOT ENOUGH. I want more, so much more. Even tiny things. Just... make it feel more and deeper, fuller. If you, dear CDPR, really want to copy BioWare so much then make it feel right, like they did.

Top Bottom