Judy should have been bisexual, romance feels so lacking

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
real wished judy was bisexual cause except for Judy all the other romance options are treated like 2nd rates and is pretty lacking with story or emotion like for panams quest with her is way to quick and after her last mission you two basically dont even talk with each other unlike judy which has a longer quest line compare to all of the romance options even after her last mission she still calls you text you or even add few story about some events happening when you call her, panam still the best girl tho its just that her romance arc feels so lacking and rushed it needs more opening with each other like judys mission when you went swimming that was really good and also quite depressing if you play as Male V, so ya except for judy, romance ingame is way to empty.

I understand the disappointment in not being able to go that route playing as a Male V specially when you are already on a long save and don't want to start over but that is life sometimes. Having the preferences makes it a bit more real and worst case senario it gives you more incentive to play the game again after you are done with the first. And having different relationships feel different (one is more quicker and "forced" and one feeling a bit more empty) also makes the overall system feel different on each play through. They should have added more options and a few that panned out similarly in different ways if that makes sense.

There should have been at least more than TWO choices depending on your V's gender (4 Total)

Last edited:

Vejsa

Forum regular
The reason I disagree with characters being changed to bisexual is that not everyone in real life is bisexual, and it shouldn't be down to V. The world doesn't revolve around the player and their choices/preferences, and this creates immersion and realism. I am a lesbian and as disappointed as I was I can't romance Panam, I am happy that there is a preference and a consequence from trying to romance her that would also happen in real life.

(also, lesbian representation woot woot. In so many RPGs, every character is bisexual it seems).

The reason I disagree with characters being changed to bisexual is that not everyone in real life is bisexual, and it shouldn't be down to V. The world doesn't revolve around the player and their choices/preferences, and this creates immersion and realism. I am a lesbian and as disappointed as I was I can't romance Panam, I am happy that there is a preference and a consequence from trying to romance her that would also happen in real life.

As a lesbian I'm just grateful that we have a proper representation and a very nice love interest in a game like this. People can always play as female V if they want romance Judy, but wanting to take that representation from us is seriously not okay.
Playersexual romances idea is pretty damn shallow in rpgs, that's why even BioWare changed their minds after Dragon Age 2 and brought back LIs with preferences.

As a lesbian I'm just grateful that we have a proper representation and a very nice love interest in a game like this. People can always play as female V if they want romance Judy, but wanting to take that representation from us is seriously not okay.
Playersexual romances idea is pretty damn shallow in rpgs, that's why even BioWare changed their minds after Dragon Age 2 and brought back LIs with preferences.
Mhm, it's not only rude to the character whose story is written such that she is a lesbian, it's rude to the people of that sexuality to have their representation removed because some people want the romances to be playersexual. The restrictions exist so that the characters have depth to them.
Post automatically merged:

Do you guys meet a lesbian in the real world and go 'boy you should at least be bi because I am attracted to you'
You'd be surprised how many times I have been told this.

(also, lesbian representation woot woot. In so many RPGs, every character is bisexual it seems).
reason why I want female/male V to be able to romance judy cause in my opinion judy is the only 1 who has the most amazing experience or the most immersive romantic relationship and for me the other romance options is just kinda feel empty, rushed or force and what sucks is like I said the moment you finish the last mission of the other romance options they just completely vanish from your life, doesnt call, text, repetitive dialogues when you call it just feel lacking thats the reason why I want judy to be bisexual so players who choose female or male V can experience her questline unless CDPR updates the other romantic options questline and make them more immersive heartwarming.

reason why I want female/male V to be able to romance judy cause in my opinion judy is the only 1 who has the most amazing experience or the most immersive romantic relationship and for me the other romance options is just kinda feel empty, rushed or force and what sucks is like I said the moment you finish the last mission of the other romance options they just completely vanish from your life, doesnt call, text, repetitive dialogues when you call it just feel lacking thats the reason why I want judy to be bisexual so players who choose female or male V can experience her questline unless CDPR updates the other romantic options questline and make them more immersive heartwarming.
People can still play as female V and can experience it all. It's an rpg, you're supposed to experience everything while playing differently, not exactly the same every playthrough. I played as both male and female Shepard in Mass Effect trilogy to experience the romances I wanted and to see how gender differs in each playthrough. It's really not that hard to do and at least it doesn't strip people out of their representations, 'cause some people want magic playersexual romances.

Then you should be asking for them to make the other romances of higher quality, not removing an important part of a character and her story.

I understand the disappointment in not being able to go that route playing as a Male V specially when you are already on a long save and don't want to start over but that is life sometimes. Having the preferences makes it a bit more real and worst case senario it gives you more incentive to play the game again after you are done with the first. And having different relationships feel different (one is more quicker and "forced" and one feeling a bit more empty) also makes the overall system feel different on each play through. They should have added more options and a few that panned out similarly in different ways if that makes sense.
no Im disappointed cause of all the romance options judy is the only one that has the most immersive experience and the best storyline thats why I want male V to be able to romance judy cause shes the only 1 worth romancing, other romance options just feels lacking in story and character development its just feels like woooosh youre in a relationship now.
Post automatically merged:

Then you should be asking for them to make the other romances of higher quality, not removing an important part of a character and her story.
thats what im asking for either make judy bisexual if possible or update the other romance options story and character development and make them more interesting and immersive cause apart from judy other romance options is just meh

This makes sense because a player-sexual romance can't commit in the way a specifically written romance can, such romances are simply more immersive because they are written more specifically. Romance-meisters BioWare dropped player sexual romances a decade ago. But there's a price. The more options you have, the more romances you need to have to give everyone a choice and CDPR are clearly not willing to commit such resources in this game at least to give everyone a choice, it's the romance on offer or the highway.

This makes sense because a player-sexual romance can't commit in the way a specifically written romance can, such romances are simply more immersive because they are written more specifically. Romance-meisters BioWare dropped player sexual romances a decade ago. But there's a price. The more options you have, the more romances you need to have to give everyone a choice and CDPR are clearly not willing to commit such resources in this game at least to give everyone a choice, it's the romance on offer or the highway.
BioWare didn't know how to handle romances either during ME trilogy. They were constantly adding new ones in each game and eventually they were basically forgotten. Got like a scene or two, one minute conversation and that's it. Especially the ones from ME2. More doesn't mean better. Not enough resources to give everyone the same treatment.

I disagree. There should have been bisexual characters with fleshed out romances, though.

All we got was Meredith Stout and all that contained was a one night stand where she fucks v with a strapon and gives you a dildo bat......big fucking whoop

Judy was probably the best lesbian romance i've ever experienced in games (and that says a lot since you rarely find a lesbian romance in games, except Sera in dragon age), she was very well written and felt so real and emotional. As a lesbian myself i felt so giddy to find out she's the lesbian option.

As for Meredith, she gave me strong Gillian Anderson vibes and i was a bit disappointed she was just an one night stand, I expected more from her because I planned to have a corpo lady to romance her. Oh well. I also noticed the bisexual romances are kind of a joke in the game, just one night stands really. What gives? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom