Judy ... ugh ! [Spoilers]

+
Ive got the Sun ending with femV, aka Valerie ^^ romanced Judy, it was a good storyline. But I was disappointed that Judy just left me at the villa, fel ungrateful. But not as disappointed and angry that I wasnt able to save Evely, from the moment I first saw her wanted to romance her, and expected her to have a bigger role in the story.

River is too bland and cliché for me, and a reallly thirsty boy, even goes for transfem V without a word regarding her gender. V says nothing either. That was awkward. Well probably just cdpr lazy writing and putting the mixable body, voice, genitals there for pr stunt it is never really adressed in game, no matter the combination you choose, correct me if im wrong. Also when I choose Judy, friendzoning River felt bad but right. Also missed the option there to say that V is into women.

Panam was really annoying trying to look strong and sceraming, throwing temper tantrums, rebelling against a good family all the time like a spoiled 12 years old. I dont see the appeal there, budget Chloe Price she is.

But not as disappointed and angry that I wasnt able to save Evely, from the moment I first saw her wanted to romance her, and expected her to have a bigger role in the story.
V have saved Evy, but she no longer want to live. Like Judy say (if you choose one dialogue line on the roof).
Judy : "Don't worry V, you gave her the choice, it's more than anyone"
V : "Ok... But I didn't think she would choose that"

And in the Sun Ending, Judy wanted to leave Night City, but not stay with the "boss" of the After Life and even less wait for V to finish the "foolish" heist of the Crystal Palace.

Ive got the Sun ending with femV, aka Valerie ^^ romanced Judy, it was a good storyline. But I was disappointed that Judy just left me at the villa, fel ungrateful. But not as disappointed and angry that I wasnt able to save Evely, from the moment I first saw her wanted to romance her, and expected her to have a bigger role in the story.

River is too bland and cliché for me, and a reallly thirsty boy, even goes for transfem V without a word regarding her gender. V says nothing either. That was awkward. Well probably just cdpr lazy writing and putting the mixable body, voice, genitals there for pr stunt it is never really adressed in game, no matter the combination you choose, correct me if im wrong. Also when I choose Judy, friendzoning River felt bad but right. Also missed the option there to say that V is into women.

Panam was really annoying trying to look strong and sceraming, throwing temper tantrums, rebelling against a good family all the time like a spoiled 12 years old. I dont see the appeal there, budget Chloe Price she is.
Panam rebelling against the clan is ironically what saved it, so she was clearly in the right to do so. You can make Panam seem like an ungrateful whiny brat all you want (even though Judy is no different) but matter of the fact is, Panam does more for you in this game than anyone (including Viktor) when she risks the life of herself and her family when it comes to the Star ending just to save you.

Ive got the Sun ending with femV, aka Valerie ^^ romanced Judy, it was a good storyline. But I was disappointed that Judy just left me at the villa, fel ungrateful.
This is because Judy's/Panam's plans and outlook on life are different from V in this ending. That's life. It was necessary to listen more attentively and think about the solution at the end.

Throughout the game, Judy several times say's she wants to leave town. And Panam was just offering to become a member of Aldecaldo, to become a nomad. It is not difficult to guess what the call to Panam on the roof will eventually lead to. At the end of the "Sun", you trust Johnny more than your friends, more than yourself. V is afraid of becoming someone else, eventually doubts her\his abilities and gives control to Johnny. And this robbery is like a last chance to prove to yourself that you have achieved everything yourself, without Johnny. Well, plus it gives a faint hope of solving his/her main problem. And the girl can be returned after solving all the problems. Remember Geralt, who always broke up and got back together with Yennefer. I like to think about it in a positive way.
For me, "the Sun" is not a bad ending, but "the Star" - perfect.
I understand that this is a cyberpunk genre and a happy ending is not held in high esteem here (wrong city, wrong people), but developers gave us at least one - "the star". And I'm grateful for that.

Last edited:
Unless you romanced men then that ending is not that happy.
So to follow the thread, Judy is a such great character, The Star Ending is the happier ending (or less sad) if you romance her, even if V still dying and it's all matter of taste :)
For how bad, sad or whatever the ending are, there are other threads, like this one :
Or about disparities between romances, there are also other threads, like this one :

This is because Judy's/Panam's plans and outlook on life are different from V in this ending. That's life. It was necessary to listen more attentively and think about the solution at the end.

Throughout the game, Judy several times say's she wants to leave town. And Panam was just offering to become a member of Aldecaldo, to become a nomad. It is not difficult to guess what the call to Panam on the roof will eventually lead to. At the end of the "Sun", you trust Johnny more than your friends, more than yourself. V is afraid of becoming someone else, eventually doubts her\his abilities and gives control to Johnny. And this robbery is like a last chance to prove to yourself that you have achieved everything yourself, without Johnny. Well, plus it gives a faint hope of solving his/her main problem. And the girl can be returned after solving all the problems. Remember Geralt, who always broke up and got back together with Yennefer. I like to think about it in a positive way.
For me, "the Sun" is not a bad ending, but "the Star" - perfect.
I understand that this is a cyberpunk genre and a happy ending is not held in high esteem here (wrong city, wrong people), but developers gave us at least one - "the star". And I'm grateful for that.

Sorry Judy, this will be off topic a bit, Johnny steals the spotlight, again :D I like the idea of V trusting Johnny more than herself, feeling to be no one, nothing without him. But Johnny would be much less without V. bonded deeply, became friends, brothers in arms, who'd die for each other, if you choosen that route, they are two broken souls compilenting each other, making a whole. Id like to se a scenario of both accepting that, and become one in the end, like in the original Ghost in the shell.

Or a romance option for Johnny would be fun, like in Battlestar Galactica when Number 6 was in Gaius's head on a chip.

She leaves Night City.... and yet still in the window at her old apartement xD hilarious

This game needs some casual activites to do with the characters when their quests are done. Voulentary I mean - We don't have to repeat Roman the cousin, that wants to go bowling every 15 minutes xD

"EEEY V its your girl Judy, let's go booolink" xD

She leaves Night City.... and yet still in the window at her old apartement xD hilarious
In 1.3 ? Tested ? You're sure or "talk from memories..." ?
Because, at least, from what I know (never tested, because... obvious reason...), if she leave, she does not longer appear in her apartment ;)
Patch 1.3 - List of Changes
Pyramid Song
  • Judy's hair will now be displayed properly while she's wearing the Neoprene Diving Suit.
  • Judy will no longer be present in her apartment if she left Night City after the quest.

This game needs some casual activites to do with the characters when their quests are done. Voulentary I mean - We don't have to repeat Roman the cousin, that wants to go bowling every 15 minutes xD

"EEEY V its your girl Judy, let's go booolink" xD
Let's be honest...this would not be the first invisible person V has seen.

I wouldn't call Judy an annoying character, the reasons for why she is the way she is seem pretty well fleshed out to me.

In terms of romance option characters storylines, I'd say that River is more all over the place, without much chance to really get to know who he is as a person. To say nothing of Kerry, whom I would have no idea was even a romance option if I hadn't read it in the wiki.

This is all just general perception on my part though, since I've only ever played a male V and gone with Panam.

I REALLY can't stand the Judy character, and I don't understand the level of 'fanboy / fangirl luuuurve' she gets (n)

it's not like we have much of a choice. if you're not into dudes it's either panam or judy so both have their fair amount of fans. i'm not a huge fan of either panam or judy.

Like almost all fictional love interests in games, you wouldn't want to be with them in real life. I mean, do I think Yennefer or Triss are cool characters in Witcher 3? Yes. But would I date them in real life? No. (Even if they look like Victoria's Secret models.)
Regarding Yennefer: I definitely would date her in real life. She's smart, beautiful, and strong. Sure she's manipulative, but we can't have everything.

Regarding Judy, I don't think there's anything special about the character's looks. I think it's the voice that most people find attractive.

Regarding Judy, I don't think there's anything special about the character's looks. I think it's the voice that most people find attractive.
Matter of taste, I think. It's also about her character and not only "her look", which it's obviously, also matter of tastes :)
(Or/And CDPR have done a great job about voice acting for Judy in all the languages... because I'm not convinced that Judy have "great fans" only in the english version of the game)

Regarding Yennefer: I definitely would date her in real life. She's smart, beautiful, and strong. Sure she's manipulative, but we can't have everything.

Well I like both alt girls and manipulative women, so I'd date both :howdy:

Matter of taste, I think. It's also about her character and not only "her look", which it's obviously, also matter of tastes :)
(Or/And CDPR have done a great job about voice acting for Judy in all the languages... because I'm not convinced that Judy have "great fans" only in the english version of the game)
Yep. Good point.

I liked Judy but I never romance her. I played as female V. I mean she just lost her friend Evelyn. I mean I get that she was feeling vulnerable at the moment but it just felt awkward to me. I think as a friend she is cool but not really a romance partner.

Top Bottom