jumping/vaulting/climbing bug - story breaking bug

+
jumping/vaulting/climbing bug - story breaking bug

Gerald can't climb unto, vault over objects anymore when pressing the jump key.
Start noticing this bug during the "sneak into the stables sub quest" of the "final preparations" story quest.
Since you cant continue the quest because you have to climb up onto the scaffolding, i decided to load a earlier save and do another sub quest.
started the Yennefer part of the story quest, when you chase the escaped prisoner out of the whorehouse, he escapes unto the roofs, noticed i couldn't jump up onto the ledges there either.
Loaded even more earlier saves (even old ones not involving that story quest line yet) , seems Gerald cant vault over fences, climb unto edges anymore.
Whatever save i load, the game engine seem to refuse execute the "special" functions related to the jump mechanic.

So basicly i can't complete the story because both the Ciri and Yennever part involve climbing/vaulting over stuff.

First video is from the Ciri quest part showing the broken jump in game.

https://youtu.be/JC-NZsyplrc?t=25s

Second video shows that jump isnt working as it should outside of the quest aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgap8Za6gk0

I have the same issue and the game is basically broken now as I cannot do a number of quests.
It s possible that this occurred after I finished "The creature from the oxenfurt forest" quest, but not sure.
Is there a way I can fix this? i have tried force climbing on boats and it works, but once I hit dry land, I can do anything anymore.
Trying to get on some chests for the High Stakes quests at the docks, and can't, thus the progress is stopped.

The devs are aware of the issue and are supposedly working on it. Hopefully it will be in tomorrow's patch as it is a game breaking bug.

Xainia

Forum regular
I have this problem also. However I found if I hit "C" I change to Ciri (another glitch me thinks) and I can climb with her. It appeared the same time as the climbing glitch did.

Once I have made the climb I hit "C" again and change back to Geralt. If this work for you do not loot or quest on Ciri. Just do the switch to make the needed climbs etc.

Top Bottom