Just a few key quests - easily implemented with low dev workload - would vastly improve RP

+
Since V is kinda "forced" into being such a good person most of the time I think these quests would be appropriate to add. They would require very little actual workload on developers, and add choice and variety to those wanting to play a darker V.

- Contains Spoilers -

1) After the mandatory part of the main quest with Judy. Get a text to meet some scavs. They want Judy for her BD skills. They want to imprison her and force her to work on XBDs. They offer you 50k for her. You can tell them to F off and delete their contact or agree. If you agree you can ask Judy to meet you somewhere. Where they tag and bag her, throw her in a trunk - drive off. 50k Eurodollars and naturally blocks off the rest of her Q chain.

2) After the mandatory part of the main quest with Panam. Get a text from the Wraiths. Again, can tell them to F off and delete the message and contact - or agree. If you agree - you get a quest to take out the Aldecaldos. All Aldecaldos in the camp, Panam, Saul, Mitch etc. becomes killable. When it's over - you get a wraith version of the Javelin car and 50k Eurodollars. Could also be integrated into Ghost Riders. A wraith leader appearing giving you this option when you reach Saul. Would require more work though. Alternatively. If you let Nash live. He could text you offering you to place a car bomb in Panam's car.

3) After River's part to start off the Peralez questline is concluded by looking into the death of the Mayor. River's partner texts you anonyously and offer you to off River. With a dead drop with money if you do it.

Extra suggestions:

4) Arasaka Ending. If you have low enough friendship with Silverhand, you can offer yourself to Arasaka as their new "Adam Smasher" to Hanako in special dialogue. Arguing that what you have accomplished makes you the most valuable asset they will ever have. This leads to V being cured in the Arasaka ending. It would make sense if "making a deal with the devil" is the only ending which explicitly saves V.

5) In the quest to fight Caesar. If you take his car and the money both. You can talk to him again - him asking "What more do you want?". You can then answer "Nothing". Or... "[Draw Weapon] The life of your unborn son". Where you can off Caesar and his wife.

6) If you were cold, unresponsive and dismissive to Jackie. In the Delamain cab when he asks you where to take his body. You can opt to choose "[Grab Jackie's guns, motorcycle key and money] Just dump the corpse in the badlands or in the sewer canals, I don't care".

7) You can flirt with Melisa Rory saying "Killing always makes me horny". Leading to a dark romance path where sharing her sense of violent bloodlust unlocks a version of the reaper ending where you attack Arasaka Tower with her using a stolen NCPD Maxtac gunship.

It's a shame V is pidgeon holed (is that the correct English expression?) into being such a saint in such a dark setting. I'd really hope it would be possible to give us some options to let Night City devour our humanity.

I don't know the work it would require. For sure, a lot if voiced dialogues have to be added. If it's only messages and textes, maybe not too much, I can't say.
Anyway, why not. More "dark" options would be welcome for those who want to play a "mad/psycho V" :)
4) Arasaka Ending. If you have low enough friendship with Silverhand, you can offer yourself to Arasaka as their new "Adam Smasher" to Hanako in special dialogue. Arguing that what you have accomplished makes you the most valuable asset they will ever have. This leads to V being cured in the Arasaka ending. It would make sense if "making a deal with the devil" is the only ending which explicitly saves V.
It's almost already the case.
In the credits messages, even if Arasaka are unable to save V, Hanako offer to V to work for Arasaka during the 6 remaining months (very well paid), because it would really be a shame to wast such good skills :D

4) Arasaka Ending. If you have low enough friendship with Silverhand, you can offer yourself to Arasaka as their new "Adam Smasher" to Hanako in special dialogue. Arguing that what you have accomplished makes you the most valuable asset they will ever have. This leads to V being cured in the Arasaka ending.
That would be really a really fun ending, actually.

Top Bottom