Just a little something from my book.

+
Just a little something from my book.

Yeah, I've been writing on this for quite a while now. We're talking years here. Thought I give you the first few lines from the thing, since other have been posting stuff they wrote, too. And this is in an advanced state.

However, it is a project in it's own - It's Cyberpunk, but not related to 2020 (or 2077) at all.

Oh, and forgive any possible mistakes. This was originally written in german.

Enjoy. For a better reading experience, open in a new tab, and enlarge.

PS: Yes, you are the first ones to read this, except for my publisher who says he loves it.

Hope you like it. Feel free to reply what you think about it. There's more where that came from. It is just the first third of the first chapter, so if the reactions are positive, I might just release more crumbs like this.

For your info:

- Book/entire story is written in present tense, as you can see

- Each chapter evolves around another character's POV, with recurring characters (7 - 8 characters in the first book)

- Gritty, pessimistic atmosphere. Not as 'lethal' as 2020, but yeah, things are going badly. It's the autumn of mankind, no doubt.

- The overall plot will evolve quite slowly, and through the experiences of the different characters

Oh, and don't copy and/or paste this ANYWHERE since I want to publish this commercially, when it's finished. I'm trusting the community on this. I hope I made myself clear.

Very nice imagery.
Couple suggestions:
Not have Seth say where the meeting is to take place in case someone is in fact eavesdropping.
Unless there's a specific reason to have Sting admitting to him/herself what they do is murder use some euphemism. Who really want's to think of themselves as a cold blooded killer especially if they are?
Maybe something like:

"So how about it? Will you do it, or not? If so I'll be at the usual place in one hour."
I ponder. Yet another job removing a thorn from someones' side. Fifteen thousand credits. I don't want to do it, but it's too much money to let it pass by.
"I'll come over," I say reluctantly, and with dry lips, as I ponder how long it will take to get to the Shallow Grave. "But I want the details before I decide."

I'm NOT any sort of an author but I trust you see what I'm suggesting.

Top Bottom