Just beat the game on Death March! - Achievement unlocked! Now I am just waiting for the perma death mode to start my REAL play through.

+
Just beat the game on Death March! - Achievement unlocked! Now I am just waiting for the perma death mode to start my REAL play through.

Acheivo Screencap: http://i.imgur.com/QstCkJO.jpg

Super excited to get that playthrough out of the way and start prep for the perma death difficulty. Anyone heard any news lately as to when thats going to be released?

You think achievements are poison? I think they are pretty great. Being able to point at something and say hey look ---> I did this <--- is a pretty rewarding thing to do. Why would that kind of thing be poison?

Good luck. Perma death in open world is... very unforgiving. I hope you realise that something as simple as taking the wrong step on a steep cliffside will have you start over. Open world games are not really known for giving you glorious deaths, just stupid deaths.

I would never attempt this, but I don't see why it can't be an option. Also, I don't see why it can't be an option at all difficulty levels. Just have it so that when you select your difficulty level, there is a check box for permanent death option. Easy.

Perma-death won't come because if it does, people will bleed tears..

There are many ways to die by, such as accidents (bugs).
You will be very sad when you try to run away and get stuck in mounting animation and your horse is moving away from you, and you've being hit by ghouls but you can't do anything because you are stuck going to your horse to mount it, ops, after 1,5 seconds you are dead.

Or if you jump on a boat and fly up in the sky, down fast.. splat, dead. That also happened.

I think it could be possible. Save as per usual, but if a game cock up leaves you dead (as in a bug) then it's fine to reload. If it's your own daft fault then restart.

I think we know whether we are cheating ourselves or not :)

Played hardcore diablo for many years, I've lost characters with over 1000 hours into them. Deaths dont bother me. Neither do deaths by bugs. It happens, you move on. The gameplay and the eventual achievement is more than worth it.

I think it could be possible. Save as per usual, but if a game cock up leaves you dead (as in a bug) then it's fine to reload. If it's your own daft fault then restart.

I think we know whether we are cheating ourselves or not :)
Perma-death deleted your saves, that's why it is called perma-death.

Why wait? Just start a new game when/if you die.

It really isn't the same thing, and I am so tired of people implying that it is.

First, there is no achievement/proof that you beat the game on permadeath

Second, there is no free will, ergo, you may not be able to stop yourself from continuing to play the game if you die 50 hours in to take the shortcut and override the permadeath principle that you may or may not abide to. The cost-benefit analysis in your head may lead to think that one silly death should not be enough to override the principle.

Third, it is a safeguard with no ifs, ands and buts.

Something like 90% of my deaths so far have been accidents such as falling off a ledge because I started running for no reason. Then there are the times when my Q doesn't register so I don't get the shield up in time and finally there are the "fight 3 enemies in a small shack and get perma stunned until you die" - deaths.

I couldn't imagine playing this with perma death.

Something like 90% of my deaths so far have been accidents such as falling off a ledge because I started running for no reason. Then there are the times when my Q doesn't register so I don't get the shield up in time and finally there are the "fight 3 enemies in a small shack and get perma stunned until you die" - deaths.

I could. And I would like the option.

Perma-death deleted your saves, that's why it is called perma-death.

Seeing as perma-death doesn't currently exist, then the same could be achieved in the manner I mentioned currently, correct?

Permadeath is a concept, not a name of a mod alone.

Seeing as perma-death doesn't currently exist, then the same could be achieved in the manner I mentioned currently, correct?

Permadeath is a concept, not a name of a mod alone.

Yeah but they want the steam or equivalent achievement saying they done it, they are so awesome... Frankly never paid attention to achievements, and OP what proof do you really have that you done it without any mods/cheats? So I don't believe your achievment when you do get it :p

Yeah but they want the steam or equivalent achievement saying they done it, they are so awesome... Frankly never paid attention to achievements, and OP what proof do you really have that you done it without any mods/cheats? So I don't believe your achievment when you do get it :p

Ah, I see. I shall shush then :)

It really isn't the same thing, and I am so tired of people implying that it is.

First, there is no achievement/proof that you beat the game on permadeath

Second, there is no free will, ergo, you may not be able to stop yourself from continuing to play the game if you die 50 hours in to take the shortcut and override the permadeath principle that you may or may not abide to. The cost-benefit analysis in your head may lead to think that one silly death should not be enough to override the principle.

Third, it is a safeguard with no ifs, ands and buts.

Well said.

I certainly could as well. Death by bugs are not a big enough concern for me to deter me from wanting the option. Death by walking off a cliff is just .... lol. Tread more carefully. Go running through the wilderness at full speed a couple hundred times and let me know how it turns out.

Dont get me wrong. I have had my fair share of falling off cliffs, but it happened because I was trying to cut corners and take short cuts. I certainly wouldnt be doing so on a hardcore mode.

Anyone out there actually heard any news one way or the other on a perma death mode? Ive read several articles pre-release stating how passionate the team was in having and playing the perma death mode, but I haven't heard anything since. Not even anything about them taking it out. Can anyone catch me up please?

Top Bottom