Just got robbed! [Leader Ability didn't Work]

+
View attachment 11000137
Bug.JPG

This is a vs unitless deck. So here is the scenario: I have last say and in round 3 i manually discarded all my cards except for Trap and Saesenthesis. I played dragon last to deny him his leader ability and boost so this ties us to 8:8 but the moment i'm about to use the my leader charges, the game just decided that i am unable to activate it. I spam clicked it, I nearly broke my mouse even. It felt like being robbed from a glorious victory. I don't know if this is a bug, glitch, 1-time bug, my opponent did something to the connection, or some kind of client malfunction but it kinda triggered me.

Sorry guys don't mind this thread. This is my first frustration post. I don't know where to post so Moderator please move this to the right thread. I can't send a ticket because i tried using Brouver after and he is working fine so there are only two possibilities: 1-time bug or client malfunction.

Moved your post. Might be just a one time issue, yes. However, you can still send a ticket because it’s also possible that one of the cards on the board is causing the issue.

But yeah, usually Brouver works fine.

But what happened after?
- Did you get an error?
- Or did the game just end in a draw (without the timer running out)?
- Or did the timer run out and ended the game?

Technically i can manually end turn/pass but i ran out of time trying to activate the ability and after that game it returned me to the starting screen (the one geralt and ciri is face to face)

Is the photo from the actual situation you are describing? Because your dragon is immune, so it can't be targeted. Neither by the enemy, nor by you. It has an order to deactivate it's immunity, but units with order need to stay on the board for a turn in order to activate their...order (unless they have zeal).

Is the photo from the actual situation you are describing? Because your dragon is immune, so it can't be targeted. Neither by the enemy, nor by you. It has an order to deactivate it's immunity, but units with order need to stay on the board for a turn in order to activate their...order (unless they have zeal).

Why are you pointing out the immune and order mechanic? That's basic knowledge. It's seems you didn't get the situation. I purposely played dragon last because i don't intend to boost her and to deny the Harald + Dagur combo (that's a mechanical play to counter unitless Harald in case you don't know). What i'm trying to do in the photo is damage the enemy unit with Brouver charges but was not able to do because of a bug.

You're on course to lose, because Harald splits 8 damage "randomly", so would effectively just kill the dragon. Seems the game just ended early for you, but you'd already lost.

You're on course to lose, because Harald splits 8 damage "randomly", so would effectively just kill the dragon. Seems the game just ended early for you, but you'd already lost.

What are you saying? I have last say. I just denied his leader ability because there was no unit on my side of the board at his last turn. Did you even read the situation i just wrote? :think:

With the leader ability BrokeCiri would have won the match. The opponent passed already.

What are you saying? I have last say. I just denied his leader ability because there was no unit on my side of the board at his last turn. Did you even read the situation i just wrote? :think:

Sorry, was being dumb; you're right, you were stitched up there.

Has happened to me multiple times after discarding a spell. Lost around 5-7 game because of this bug. Different leader but still unable to target

Its a dumb bug. Hopefully doesn't happen again.

I'm still worried about the opponent pulling connection when I am about to win and cause another dang draw.

It is a known bug that any action you take over the timeout, leads to a client issue (which is why you were brought back to the intro screen, where you had to click to basically reload Gwent). When you, say, clicked when the indicator was right or almost right in the middle, you triggered this bug. If you clicked at where the indicator was in the screenshot, it should have worked flawlessly.
For now the only prevention is to never let the indicator run out of time.

(Either way, you would have won, and I feel you, victories over no unit decks are of a special satisfaction, and I would have felt robbed as well)

very ot:
(I have a very special no engine NR deck that, whenever I use it in ranked, "coincidentally" always matches me with no unit decks or almost no unit decks, it is a very successful answer to their deck)

Have met with the same bug. After discarding one of my cards directly to graveyard, I cannot use the leader ability of Crach. I can use my mouse to highlight an enemy unit, but when left clicking, nothing would happen.

rrc

Forum veteran
@BrokeCiri, I can guess one most probable thing that could have happened. When you were going to beat the disgusting and obscene deck, you wanted to cherish that moment and probably did Windows+G to capture the video of beating the opponent. Once you do that Windows+G, sometimes, there is an invisible window of the screen capture application on top of the game. Your mouse movements will be tracked, but mouse clicks wont work. The way to get out of this mess is to do Alt+Tab twice and it will work.

It had happened to me once. I was going to beat a disgusting deck and I did exactly this. Windows+G, started the video capture of my last play, and in-game I couldn't click anything and the timeout happened and I lost. I was super frustrated, but after I lost, I realised that none of my clicks were working in-game. So, did Alt+Tab twice and the client started working. After that, whenever I want to record a video, I would immediately do double Alt+Tab and then perform the actions.

If that was the case (if you can recollect it or reproduce the issue and confirm), you are welcome!

Post automatically merged:

It was just a screen capture (Snipping Tool). I don't know the Windows+G command before but now that you have mentioned it, capturing bugs will be much easier now that i'm aware of that feature. Thanks for introducing the Windows+G command.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Post automatically merged:

It was just a screen capture (Snipping Tool). I don't know the Windows+G command before but now that you have mentioned it, capturing bugs will be much easier now that i'm aware of that feature. Thanks for introducing the Windows+G command.
Glad that I could be of some help. But beware of video capturing with that Windows+G tool's issue with the invisible window preventing user inputs in-game. Whenever you use that tool (video capturing), do a double Alt+Tab.

Win+G?
Guys, you're playing through GOG Galaxy, a simple F12 is enough for a screenshot and it doesn't bring up invisible windows or anything distracting from gameplay.

Win+G?
Guys, you're playing through GOG Galaxy, a simple F12 is enough for a screenshot and it doesn't bring up invisible windows or anything distracting from gameplay.

Window + G (game mode) can capture a video which is more solid evidence that a plain screenshot.

Window + G (game mode) can capture a video which is more solid evidence that a plain screenshot.
Yep, but you said you made a screenshot. Snipping tool wasn't needed, a F12 would have done the job in microseconds. That's all I was saying.

Top Bottom