Just how big is W3 going to be in terms of GB?

+

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 67
Well, considering the file size of a harddrive in console is 500 gb, the game will use around that amount of free space

Last edited:
I will take a wild guess of it being.. around 22-28 gb for the base game (not including any dlc content, or extra content on extra disks, and not including any patches, and not including save file sizes).

Post patches and dlc I will say the game might take up in the neighborhood of 42-48 GB, which wouldn't surprise me at all considering The Witcher 2 on my computer is around 32 GB (18 or 25 GB base, don't remember) but we are expecting far, far more content than before.

Also I'm surprised there's no optional poll. If you need an idea:

File Size Guesses/Expectations:

<8 GB: Expecting MS Paint version
9-17 GB: CDPR are Technology Wizards
18-26 GB: Similar size as the previous titles
27-35 GB: I might need to clear some space on my drive
36-44 GB: I'm wiping my SSD to make room, as I vote in this poll
45+ GB: I'm buying an extra SSD just in case

:) Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
i want to say osef (as much gb as they want ) now we have 3 or 4 terra hardware and 250 gb ssd . even if we have no place we'll erase to play as usual or buy a new disk and for exemple titan fall was 50 GB So witcher 3 can be the same

Last edited:
If PS4 version requires 50 GB then PC version should require (a bit) more. If it doesn't then something went wrong

If PS4 version requires 50 GB then PC version should require (a bit) more. If it doesn't then something went wrong
Yes PC might have bigger texture pack so it could be>50GB. Gog better allow 1 week in advance download ;p

It will take me several nights to download since I can't download on daytime because it would slow down the internet too much (others use the same net through 3G modem)

OnOnOnOn gog website under questions section says stay tune for pre-download so it looks like they are preparing something just hope it will be good few days before, 60GB with my download speed 10 Mbs will take few days...

Last edited:
There's one thing I have never understood about download speeds

If my speed is about 8Mbps it will download games for example at 800KBps. Why is that? Does Mb mean megabit which is 1/8 or so of a MB, Megabyte? I'm totally lost on this

Attachments

• 3996857259.png
    3996857259.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 42
There's one thing I have never understood about download speeds

If my speed is about 8Mbps it will download games for example at 800KBps. Why is that? Does Mb mean megabit which is 1/8 or so of a MB, Megabyte? I'm totally lost on this

That's roughly what I see at Speedtest too.
And yes. Megabits, not Megabytes. That means you have roughly 1 Megabyte per second, which in reality means a download speed of around 800KBps.

(And I don't know about you, but I only get that in-country. If I'm downloading from somewhere like GOG, I get less than half of that. Which, to be honest, is the main reason why I usually buy from Steam. They have servers here.)

I'm really concern about the filesize since I don' have a decent bandwidth but when I learned that the physical copy won't get a Steam code I decided to pick the Steam version since I really enjoy that platform. I don't know anything about assets and what not but something tells me that this game won't go below 40GB.

Top Bottom