Just rework Imlerith like this already!

+
Imlerith: 10 power and 12 provisions. Effect: If you control only Wild Hunt units play Imlerith's Wrath from your deck.
Imlerith's Wrath: same effect but increase the provision cost from 8 to 9

My personal comment: This 2 cards combined will amount to 20 power point swing for 21 provision which will make up for the deck thinning aspect of the combo.

This will also help with:
1. The dominance aspect of the WH decks.
2. The deck thinning aspect of the WH decks that they so badly lack at the moment.
3. Because of the WH only units on the board it won't be an auto include in all monster decks (at 12 provisions you would be better off running Goliath or Yghern in other monster decks that Imlerith because you won't get the bonus effect) so it will be a WH only combo and let's face it, WH decks need a good power swing considering how long it takes for frost to do it's thing.
4. It fits the character.

Sorry but I'm not a fan. This would require one specific card combo, it's yet another tutor which is the last thing the game needs now and the point value is ludicrous for a one card play.

Sorry but I'm not a fan. This would require one specific card combo, it's yet another tutor which is the last thing the game needs now and the point value is ludicrous for a one card play.

This is amazing. Literally NOTHING from what you just said has anything to do with what i wrote. It's like you didn't even read my suggestion.

9/10 deploy: if you controll only wildhunt units, put (spawn) imlerith's wrath on top of your deck? combo Naglfar. this nice boat is also missing relevance in WH. does it even have the WH tag?

Yes it does. Think before typing your next post. Please.

Ok i guess i was too subtle. Let me elaborate.

This would require one specific card combo

You didn't really phrase that right but i get what you're saying and my counter argument is this: There are so many 2 card combos in this game that i can't even list them all. But to humor you, here's one just off the top of my head that's even more crazy: Dagur Two Blades + Wild Board of the Sea.

it's yet another tutor which is the last thing the game needs now

As i mentioned in my original post, this combo will be restricted to WH decks and WH decks lack tutors like crazy so again another invalid point on your part.

and the point value is ludicrous for a one card play.

Really? 20 points is too much for you? NG has single cards that can get more value than that. But if we're talking combos, here's another one off the top of my head that gives way more points: playing Glustyworp after filling the board with 1 point units.

Oh, i guess i have no argument for the "Sorry but i'm not a fan part".

Now how about you think before writing your next post please.
Post automatically merged:

9/10 deploy: if you controll only wildhunt units, put (spawn) imlerith's wrath on top of your deck? combo Naglfar. this nice boat is also missing relevance in WH. does it even have the WH tag?
Yes, Nagalfar has a WH tag but that doesn't matter. The point of his ability is for tutoring Imlerith's Wrath from your deck and there for thinning your deck to get other cards more easy like the Nagalfar.
Tutoring cards is what WH decks miss and this would help with that more than what he has in the expansion that they will drop tomorrow.

...there is a reason why tutors cost 4 times their base power in provison. Your Imlerith would be kinda okayish at 20 Provisions. Your example of Dagur + WBS is core in that argument. You need a Leaderability to do so. Not only play one and the other appears magicaly in the same turn.
Novigradian Justice does something similiar. You pay the dwarf to tutor and you pay twice the price of the brawler.

edit: And now...something completly different.

3rd Version of Im in one year. 3rd version of the dead ability in two month. I wonder if they ever consider people who actually craft cards and finding them switched and swaped through the deckbuider. I wonder if they finally find a home for that cards ability. The one true maverick of gwent :D

Last edited:
Ok i guess i was too subtle. Let me elaborate.

You didn't really phrase that right but i get what you're saying and my counter argument is this: There are so many 2 card combos in this game that i can't even list them all. But to humor you, here's one just off the top of my head that's even more crazy: Dagur Two Blades + Wild Board of the Sea.

As i mentioned in my original post, this combo will be restricted to WH decks and WH decks lack tutors like crazy so again another invalid point on your part.

Really? 20 points is too much for you? NG has single cards that can get more value than that. But if we're talking combos, here's another one off the top of my head that gives way more points: playing Glustyworp after filling the board with point units.

Oh, i guess i have no argument for the "Sorry but i'm not a fan part".

Now how about you think before writing your next post please.
You're talking about a 10 power unit that destroys literally any other unit while thinning your deck here. Including Imlerith's Wrath in your deck isn't a sacrifice my dude. Dagur Two Blades + Wild Board of the Sea isn't a one card play is the difference, unless you're using Second Wind which is the exact sort of thing they're planning on removing in the coming month or so since it's so problematic. This would be the greatest finisher in the entire game by far if it were a thing.
I get that you want WH to be viable I think most of us do but giving them very overpowered cards isn't the way to do it.

There are FEW of this type of 2 card combos and your example is not one of them. Dagur's value is not based on playing Wild boar nor the other way around. Your suggestion is more akin to Etriel and Muirlega combo.

Ge'els was made a wild hunt tutor with this patch and it was hardly needed. You still have Naglfar and riders for thinning in a wild hunt deck.

Really? 20 points is too much for you?

Yes it's extremely broken and will never happen in the way you described. And yes ball should be nerfed.

...there is a reason why tutors cost 4 times their base power in provison. Your Imlerith would be kinda okayish at 20 Provisions. Your example of Dagur + WBS is core in that argument. You need a Leaderability to do so. Not only play one and the other appears magicaly in the same turn.
Novigradian Justice does something similiar. You pay the dwarf to tutor and you pay twice the price of the brawler

I see where you're coming from but it's not really the same thing.
In my example of Dagur + WBS i didn't include the leader ability. I meant just this 2 cards on their own can do that considering the last 2 cards the opponent has in their had at the end of the game are rarely something that can kill him (plus you can have a defender on the board so yeah).

And aside from that it has to be a WH exclusive deck. In my current WH deck i have Cave Troll, Goliath, Adda:Striga and The Beast. This 4 cards have a combined total of 31 provisions which means i have to take at least 3 of them out just to have this combo and then i have to include a low provision unit to reach my 25 minimum card limit.
This combo would take a lot of points out of a deck in order to make it WH exclusive so that it can be consistent so yeah, that's the downside of it for tutoring that 1 card (aside from the extra 1 provision cost over the points it gives from the 2 card combo)

You're talking about a 10 power unit that destroys literally any other unit while thinning your deck here. Including Imlerith's Wrath in your deck isn't a sacrifice my dude. Dagur Two Blades + Wild Board of the Sea isn't a one card play is the difference, unless you're using Second Wind which is the exact sort of thing they're planning on removing in the coming month or so since it's so problematic. This would be the greatest finisher in the entire game by far if it were a thing.
I get that you want WH to be viable I think most of us do but giving them very overpowered cards isn't the way to do it.
There are FEW of this type of 2 card combos and your example is not one of them. Dagur's value is not based on playing Wild boar nor the other way around. Your suggestion is more akin to Etriel and Muirlega combo.

Ge'els was made a wild hunt tutor with this patch and it was hardly needed. You still have Naglfar and riders for thinning in a wild hunt deck.

Yes it's extremely broken and will never happen in the way you described. And yes ball should be nerfed.

I think you both don't consider the fact that this would be a WH exclusive combo. I understand that in a top deck this would be too much but considering how WH works right now i think this would be just that extra little bit of power it needs in order to make it competitive.

Okay now you see me and actually I see you know, too. You're trying to bulid kind of a WH Oak but then you need a stronger condition than just one random unit of a now braod spread tribe. Either it's an actual two card combo like Olaf/Knut or you have to build it up like Oak. (And don't remind me of certain meta cards who will set up themselfs ;) )

I think you both don't consider the fact that this would be a WH exclusive combo.

That's not a big restriction, especially if you phrase it as "only control WH units" instead of "your starting deck contains only WH cards".
Even if you don't have a WH only deck, this would still work very well in the early round, become the ultimate red coin abuser.

Ok... then how about we add Order to the ability? Would that make it better?

That's not a big restriction, especially if you phrase it as "only control WH units" instead of "your starting deck contains only WH cards".
Even if you don't have a WH only deck, this would still work very well in the early round, become the ultimate red coin abuser.

Sorry man but that's just not true. Try playing WH decks at the higher comp ladders and you'll see i'm right.

Don't get me wrong. I'm just agaist raising a subpar deck by giving it an UltraOP card. That's nofun just gambling.
Order would make it better in terms of balance. A good camparision would be Stephan or even Luiza, more basepower and the tutor instead of setup/followup but it could be countered. Keltulis would be another one in its league to look at. Probably still a bit to much points at +10/-10 but more like an actual gwent card.
I just don't like this huge payoff order units. It's always very binary and can be meta defining by one control tech to stop this and only this card from running rampage (scenario *achem *achem*)

Of course and that....but I wanted to save it as lastsay :D

Last edited:
Yeah, makes sense but i simply don't find it OP. WH leaves so much to be desired, Frost takes a ton of time to do it's thing, there are no high units for dominance so you have to put other cards as well and there is no high value ender.
My suggestion would be AT BEST a round winner, not a game winner, not to mention most of the time you won't even have a 10 point target to hit so it would be more like a 15-16 point for 21 provision most of the time. 20 point for 21 would be a best case scenario which would rarely happen.

I'm with lullandrel on this. Condition has to be only WH in deck like a shupe and then again bad desing. Bulding a deck around one card for synergy is ok, but building a deck around a conditon is in my eyes is bad choice of desing. Sorry Shupe my boy, love ya but your card can stay in Hearthstone with the other Highlanders. How rediculous is highlander in 25 or 30 card deck that restricts your high value cards (legendarys) anyway? but that again is another topic
Ciri could be an exeption to this rule, winniedeck as a condition needs testing.

But one thing I even said before in different threads. WH needs an Dominance option in the archetype to funktion properly and they don't understand that eating a card from hand is just veeeeery expansive (if not sk).

Better would be to abandon Dominance as a WH keyword and leave it for BigBoy thrive as theirs and only theirs. Focus WH on the presence of Frost and done. There are so many more options above the Nagl crew. Hounds as miniroaches jumping out when the frost is rising adding some tempo (like Queen). Navigators could copy more Honds into your deck giving you additional jumps....Strenghening by every unit cought or dying in frost.

Last edited:
I'm with lullandrel on this. Condition has to be only WH in deck like a shupe and then again bad desing. Bulding a deck around one card for synergy is ok, but building a deck around a conditon is in my eyes is bad choice of desing. Sorry Shupe my boy, love ya but your card can stay in Hearthstone with the other Highlanders. How rediculous is highlander in 25 or 30 card deck that restricts your high value cards (legendarys) anyway? but that again is another topic
Ciri could be an exeption to this rule, winniedeck as a condition needs testing.

But one thing I even said before in different threads. WH needs an Dominance option in the archetype to funktion properly and they don't understand that eating a card from hand is just veeeeery expansive (if not sk).

Better would be to abandon Dominance as a WH keyword and leave it for BigBoy thrive as theirs and only theirs. Focus WH on the presence of Frost and done. There are so many more options above the Nagl crew. Hounds as miniroaches jumping out when the frost is rising adding some tempo (like Queen). Navigators could copy more Honds into your deck giving you additional jumps....Strenghening by every unit cought or dying in frost.

You're not building a deck around a condition. You're building a WH deck because you like WH and this is a card that can synergize with it perfectly rather than compromising and using Goliath or other non-WO units.
As for the rest with reworking WH to gravitate around frost rather than dominance sure, i'm all for it. But right now, WH needs a good ender and this is it.

You don't seem to understand the value of tutors or how to value provisions, hence the reason why you can't see how ridiculous OP this suggestion is.

Really? I don't understand how tutors and provisions work... ok, you might be right. I'm not gonna stand here and pretend i'm the smartest guy in the world. Since you said i don't know about this things then that must mean you have a better understanding of these things than me. In this case let me run some other rework ideas by you and tell me what you think, maybe you have a better point of view on the subject and can tell me if they are ok or op. So my suggestions are:

1. Imlerith's wrath: Provision change 8 - 9 ; ability change to: destroy an enemy unit.
2. Imlerith: Power change 7 - 5, provision changed to 11 and ability change to: Order: Disable your opponents leader ability.
3. Imlerith: Provision change 8 - 9, power change 7 - 5 and ability to: Summon a random unit from your opponents deck, then destroy one of his units.
4. Imlerith: Power change 7 - 5, provision change 12 - 10 and ability: Damage an enemy unit by the amount it is boosted.
5. Imlerith: Power change 7 - 5, provisions still 12 and ability: Damage a random enemy for each WH unit on your side of the field.

These are just some random suggestions that i could think of right now. Still i would like to hear your opinion. What do you think? Could these work in the game?

Could these work in the game?

I guess, much more balanced than the original one, however some of them feel quite ...nilfgaardy.
Nr 4 for example is basically a reset, it would probably be 6 STR, 10 prov, in line with Bloody Baron or Morkvarg.

The question is, does MO need a reset? Personally i like Imlerith's current ability as a substitute, which they said it will come back on an Insectoid, hopefully without the dominance requirement.

Top Bottom