Just sharing my feelings about CyberPunk 2077

+
Well, I was not going to write about this but I need to share it with people who I think had love and hope for this game. I am a complicated person for games, not because I have a huge technical expectation (I spend a lot of time playing early access games made by 4 people) but because my tastes are very limited. I do not like medieval fantasy or contemporary shooter or practically any setting that is not something sci-fi. Specifically, I am very fanatic of everything that is cyberpunk (Blade Runner, cyberpunk 2020, necromundia, deus ex, neuromancer ect.).
My friends are lucky because they like middle earth, modern shooter and they have a huge range of games to enjoy, I don't.
8 years ago I saw the trailer and I thought "At last, my time has come, a triple A game made by a company known for the quality of its products is going to develop a game set in a cyberpunk universe" I felt that justice was being done. some way.
Honestly I usually feel relegated by the industry, I love to play games but I enjoy very few.
Each trailer, each article, each post that I read I felt that I was getting closer to the retribution, at my time to enjoy a game made by cd projekt red, that development company that everyone talks about.
Time passed very slow, but delays never bothered me (I already experienced what happens with releasing a game long before it is ready) if it was for me they could have released it in 3 years and I would never complain because I would know that the objective is the best possible product and what they wanted to do was ambitious.

Then the day came.

I decided to buy it at GOG because I had no doubts that the cd projekt red was worth it every dollar, even without having played it it was a universal constant, it could not go wrong, it was going to be a before and after.
I start the game almost crying (Mine is somewhat pathological but hey others cry because their team won the championship or whatever, I get excited with video games) my first minutes before the graphic splendor, the detail of the aesthetic section was " It's beautiful, sublime, I can't absorb so much beauty "and I start to play it, dwelling on every detail, reading every shard, having dinner watching the game's TV. Until the prologue ends and the disappointment began.
I began to understand that Cyberpunk 2077 was a trap, it was beautiful on the outside but empty on the inside. It was also a mess with graphics of the next generation but with features that will be abandoned 3 or 4 years ago for being generous. I found a universe populated by npc without a soul, without intelligence whose absence I would not notice, they could all disappear and it would really be practically the same.
I'm not going to go much deeper into each section because there are thousands of posts that explain everything that is wrong (And I'm not talking about bugs or performance).
I just asked GOG for a refund and I hope I can get my money back.
I do not do it angry (not now I recognize that yesterday I was very angry) and I know that the company does not owe me anything (except my money for an incomplete and defective product) but the sadness and disappointment I feel is irreparable.
(If you got here thanks for reading it and I look forward to hearing your opinions (Also my English is not the best but I try))

Last edited:
I feel you bro.
Sorry i bought it in steam and can't get my money back.
But it will be a lesson to me in the future that no matter how cool and honest the company is,
no matter how it promotes its product, do not make more pre-orders.

I feel you bro.
Sorry i bought it in steam and can't get my money back.
But it will be a lesson to me in the future that no matter how cool and honest the company is,
no matter how it promotes its product, do not make more pre-orders.
Yes, totally, I learned that lesson the worst way

I'm giving CDPR a chance to redeem themselves. I play on ps4 so I have it even worse than most ppl here. Most big, open world rpgs launch with a ton of bugs and optimization issues. Does that excuse marketing for rushing the game? No, but I'm actually still enjoying it for the most part. I see a game with a lot of potential here, if most of the issues get fixed. I'm buying a ps5 next year anyway, so maybe by the time I get the free upgraded version Cyberpunk will be the masterpiece it was supposed to be.

I'm giving CDPR a chance to redeem themselves. I play on ps4 so I have it even worse than most ppl here. Most big, open world rpgs launch with a ton of bugs and optimization issues. Does that excuse marketing for rushing the game? No, but I'm actually still enjoying it for the most part. I see a game with a lot of potential here, if most of the issues get fixed. I'm buying a ps5 next year anyway, so maybe by the time I get the free upgraded version Cyberpunk will be the masterpiece it was supposed to be.
I hope I can play this again in a year and realize that it was just a matter of waiting but in the current state I can't keep looking the other way

I hope I can play this again in a year and realize that it was just a matter of waiting but in the current state I can't keep looking the other way

I honestly am not sure if I'm going to play it more than once. The talk of backgrounds and choices making a difference were grossly overstated and honestly the narrative is its strongest aspect for me. So until there's been a huge influx of new content, I just don't see the point in coming back for another pass since it will be a near identical experience.

Hell, Witcher 3 had all sorts of different outcomes at major turning points throughout and even then I was happy how things turned out and haven't played a second time.

I honestly am not sure if I'm going to play it more than once. The talk of backgrounds and choices making a difference were grossly overstated and honestly the narrative is its strongest aspect for me. So until there's been a huge influx of new content, I just don't see the point in coming back for another pass since it will be a near identical experience.

Hell, Witcher 3 had all sorts of different outcomes at major turning points throughout and even then I was happy how things turned out and haven't played a second time.
AHHHH as I said above, how I envy people who could enjoy (and therefore compare) the witcher 3 because objectively it is an incredible game but it is not my type of games.
I share that in reality the possibility of choosing in the game is poor.

Top Bottom