Just some performance questions.

+
Just some performance questions.

Hello,

I have a computer that tends to do pretty well with most every game.
My specs are:

i7-3820 CPU
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 670 <=Getting a bit old

I knew that the game wouldn't run on ultra, but at least medium or low? For some reason, after only a few minutes, the frames stick at about 15, and no higher. When this happens, changing the graphics to be lower or higher doesn't make it any better or worse.

It's a strange problem, because it feels to me like something isn't running right. I see varied responses about performance, and some computers that look less powerful than mine can run at least on low. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone happen to know a fix? Maybe there is a memory issue or something like that? Or maybe my computer sucks?
Game looks great and I have no idea whats wrong! Let me know! Thanks!

P.S. I have the latest NVIDIA driver patch.

Last edited:
I am also getting 10-15 fps on low, but I have a GT555M, that's even older xD. I want to be able to turn off shadows duh, that would solve the problem...

Hello,

I have a computer that tends to do pretty well with most every game.
My specs are:

i7-3820 CPU
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 670 <=Getting a bit old

I knew that the game wouldn't run on ultra, but at least medium or low? For some reason, after only a few minutes, the frames stick at about 15, and no higher. When this happens, changing the graphics to be lower or higher doesn't make it any better or worse.

It's a strange problem, because it feels to me like something isn't running right. I see varied responses about performance, and some computers that look less powerful than mine can run at least on low. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone happen to know a fix? Maybe there is a memory issue or something like that? Or maybe my computer sucks?
Game looks great and I have no idea whats wrong! Let me know! Thanks!

P.S. I have the latest NVIDIA driver patch.

Try setting the Nvidia Control Panel power settings to Maximum Power. If that doesn't work what happens exactly. Do you slowly lose frames (as in start at around 30 - 60 and it just dips until it's unplayable), or does it just suddenly go to 15 fps?

Yes I have the latest NVIDIA Driver version, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I even tried rolling it back but that changed nothing. I wanted to upgrade my graphics card anyways, and might consider doing so this week, but it sounds like a lot of people with new graphics cards are having trouble as well. Hopefully I am just missing something stupid!

---------- Updated at 09:18 AM ----------

I have my power settings on "Prefer Maximum Performance." Is this the setting you refer to? With that on, I can start with even close to, if not exactly, 60 frames. Shortly thereafter, it steadily drops until it can barely manage 20 frames. The whole cycle takes about 5 minutes until it is unplayable. Thanks!

I'm also getting that problem, although with 27-33FPS on my GTX 780 SuperClocked. No matter the settings, the FPS doesn't change (and yes, I've turned off the FPS limiter). Only if I select LOW graphics I see a performance improvement (and even then, just 40-50FPS). Another weird thing is that turnin on or off the antialiasing doesn't have any impact at all on the framerate.

Yes I have the latest NVIDIA Driver version, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I even tried rolling it back but that changed nothing. I wanted to upgrade my graphics card anyways, and might consider doing so this week, but it sounds like a lot of people with new graphics cards are having trouble as well. Hopefully I am just missing something stupid!

---------- Updated at 09:18 AM ----------

I have my power settings on "Prefer Maximum Performance." Is this the setting you refer to? With that on, I can start with even close to, if not exactly, 60 frames. Shortly thereafter, it steadily drops until it can barely manage 20 frames. The whole cycle takes about 5 minutes until it is unplayable. Thanks!

Yup that's the one! That's a good start. That means there are several other things it could be. Have a look at your RAM usage (if it's almost full maybe that's your problem and you need to kill a few programs), CPU load (if it's really high check processes and see what else is using the CPU), then GPU temps (possible overheating), then if none of those looks suspect it'll narrow down the problem some more.

Sorry for the slow reply, I ran a few tests while closely watching all the numbers.

RAM: My computer has 16 GB RAM, and the 670 I use has 2 GB RAM available. On my resource monitor, the game has a dedicated amount of just over 4 GB used.

Temperature: My PC hovers at about 60 degrees Celsius, peaking at 65.

CPU load: My CPU stays at about 10, occasionally reaching up to 15.

I hope this helps! How would I get GPU temps?

strange, i have i5 4770k with 660ti and 8gb ram and game runs on middle/high settings in 40-50 fps range

strange, i have i5 4770k with 660ti and 8gb ram and game runs on middle/high setting in 40-50 fps range

What? got a i5 3750k (a 3% difference with yours) and a GTX 760 overclocked (more performance than your GPU) and the only way i get 40-50 is with lowest possible settings...

Guys, I fear we have an optimization issue...

See, this is exactly what I am talking about. It gives me hope there is just something wrong and I don't need an entirely new setup! Maybe I just need to wait for a patch or something. Either way, time to crank the graphics to ultra and begin my short-lived-8-fps-playthrough! Huzzah!

I got the same problem Qamd 3.4/8gb ram/SSD/gtx650 2gb.....The thing is the game dosent actually look like LOW...its like some sliders wouldn work...another thing i was playing DAI on mixed high/ medium worked perfectly but my cpu was going nuts my cooling system was so loud...when i play witcher its silient i mean like i was doing nothing on my rig lol

What? got a i5 3750k (a 3% difference with yours) and a GTX 760 overclocked (more performance than your GPU) and the only way i get 40-50 is with lowest possible settings...

Guys, I fear we have an optimization issue...
try to disable hairworks and lower the vegetation draw distance - that gave me a huge fps boost

try to disable hairworks and lower the vegetation draw distance - that gave me a huge fps boost

Already did mate, but thanks for the advice.

I have everything on low.. Funny thing I just finished playing DA:I on high with 60 fps.. This is so weird.

Need some optimization done =/

Top Bottom