Just some Suggestions

+
Just some Suggestions

Just a few suggestions i think would improve the game. It is after all why we're supposed to be playing the beta.

Cards Collection.
1- Tell us what 'spare cards' are getting milled. I'd like to know

2- Tell us card limits. I crafted a 4th Nekker card only to learn it's a 3-card limit in a deck. I also had to mill a 2nd Manticore after it dropped, which was when i figured out card limits. We should just be told.

Specific Cards.
3- Tell us what the Ghoul card just ate. It tells us it's new strength, and from which deck it ate from, but it would be nice to know which specific card is now gone.

4- Nerf the Leshen/W Spirit. Very Good 7-Strength. Added bonus of Three 1-strength wolves, makes it effectively a 10-strength. Wolves all Breedable. Leshen is Gold, so it can't be targeted. Fog to interrupt enemy. Fog brings out all the Foglet's, i think it's 3 max, all on 2-strength. Fog buffs both Foglets and Ancient Foglet's. Only costing 200 cloth. That is all from one card. I shouldn't play one card and get 3+7+2+2+2= 16 points whilst also creating a weather. I love the Leshen card, but i can only imagine it's horrible to play against.

5- Nerf the Redanian Elite. [3 Elites gives all elites 8-strength and Gold] One Elite is 4-strength. 3 Elite's is 24 Strength, and are also Gold, so can't be targeted. They also start as bronze, so don't count towards Gold-Card-Limit. Heaven knows what 4 Elites does. I've not been unfortunate enough to be hit with that yet.

6-Vaevinn. [11-strength, disloyal, give -2 to whole enemy row, draw a card]. No-one is ever going to use an 11-strength Disloyal.

7-Leaders. With the Exception of Francesca, i think all the starting Leader cards are better than the alternatives. I would love to customize the leader cards, and see some new leader intros. But i feel they aren't worth getting.
8-Leaders. Furthermore, i would love to see new leader cards. I think it's great that we can have 3 leaders for each faction, but i would personally like even more. I'm gonna get pretty sick of seeing the same leader intros soon.

Mostly agree, except:

4 - I think card is fine, wolves are actually a negative cause they increase a chance of monster ability picking them in the next round. Clear weather counters it pretty well, as it removes foglets. Thing is, most people don't like carrying clear weather, that is why they bitch against monster decks, mostly.

5 - Plenty of time to counter it, if you let opponent get 3 cards, its your fault, not balance issue.

So i've been playing an arse ton more of Gwent today. And i kinda just want to update my opinions.

With 4, i still think the Leshen is too powerful, however i've just found the Caranthir card, which is basically the same thing, with much the same problem.
And they are both Monster cards, so if anyone had both of them in the same deck i'd be inclined to start betting they're going to win. I think they should both only have One 2-strength minion spawning with them, instead of Three 1-strengths and Two 2-strengths, immune to the weather.

I kind of want to retract my opinion on the Redanian Elites. They are 30 cloth to craft so i've been playing them myself. Along with Foltest and Reaver scout, they're very easy to get 3 of, but at the same time, you need 3 turns to do it, so i think it is actually balanced.
However the reinforcement card pulls all 3 out over 2 turns, but i still think that's a fair amount of time to react.

Natalis seems super strong. 5-strength, but he's gold, so he turns into a 7-strength card. Then he gives +3 to 3 different Non-Golds. That is +16 if you have 3 Non-Golds. And then you might have one of the Northern Realms 'Bonus Power if gold is played', so possibly more if combo'd. I think he may need some soft nerfing. Perhaps reducing his own strength.

And lastly, Skellige has a 9-strength Disloyal. Birna Bran. Turns into 11-strength on turn 3.
Draw 4 cards. Keep 1. Discard 3.
And this guy was playing a deck that benefited from discards, and NEARLY beat me.
So i'd like to retract my statement that no-one would be willing to use 11-strength Disloyals :D

I think the other monster leaders seem pretty useful too but yeah I'd love to see more alternatives too (especially for Skellige).

I have seen one alternate leader used. It was King bran. Remove 2 cards from hand. Gain 1 from Deck.
It didn't help him at all, he lost, and if he was using Crach instead [gain two 5-strength warriors] he could have won.

But then again i think this was the same guy who used the 11-strength disloyal against me.

Just a few suggestions i think would improve the game. It is after all why we're supposed to be playing the beta.

Cards Collection.
1- Tell us what 'spare cards' are getting milled. I'd like to know

2- Tell us card limits. I crafted a 4th Nekker card only to learn it's a 3-card limit in a deck. I also had to mill a 2nd Manticore after it dropped, which was when i figured out card limits. We should just be told.

Specific Cards.
3- Tell us what the Ghoul card just ate. It tells us it's new strength, and from which deck it ate from, but it would be nice to know which specific card is now gone.

4- Nerf the Leshen/W Spirit. Very Good 7-Strength. Added bonus of Three 1-strength wolves, makes it effectively a 10-strength. Wolves all Breedable. Leshen is Gold, so it can't be targeted. Fog to interrupt enemy. Fog brings out all the Foglet's, i think it's 3 max, all on 2-strength. Fog buffs both Foglets and Ancient Foglet's. Only costing 200 cloth. That is all from one card. I shouldn't play one card and get 3+7+2+2+2= 16 points whilst also creating a weather. I love the Leshen card, but i can only imagine it's horrible to play against.

5- Nerf the Redanian Elite. [3 Elites gives all elites 8-strength and Gold] One Elite is 4-strength. 3 Elite's is 24 Strength, and are also Gold, so can't be targeted. They also start as bronze, so don't count towards Gold-Card-Limit. Heaven knows what 4 Elites does. I've not been unfortunate enough to be hit with that yet.

6-Vaevinn. [11-strength, disloyal, give -2 to whole enemy row, draw a card]. No-one is ever going to use an 11-strength Disloyal.

7-Leaders. With the Exception of Francesca, i think all the starting Leader cards are better than the alternatives. I would love to customize the leader cards, and see some new leader intros. But i feel they aren't worth getting.
8-Leaders. Furthermore, i would love to see new leader cards. I think it's great that we can have 3 leaders for each faction, but i would personally like even more. I'm gonna get pretty sick of seeing the same leader intros soon.

1 - should be not a big problem to implement, but actually fo what do you need it? I mean if you have more as 3 copies of a bronze unit or 2 or more of a silver/gold unit it get's milled because you can't use it

2 - Those are standard rules and I believe there are somewhere on playgwent.com but yes they should be written down in the game or better don't let the player craft a card if the limit is reached

3 - Just look into your graveyard wich card is missing?!

4 - He is powerful and maybe the wolves are to much but the foglets can be killed easily.

5 - If the Redanian Elites are played correctly they are quite strong but if you see one kill it with some removal cards or use a weather card to nerf them

6 - I'm not a friend of disloyal cards but sometimes it could be useful, as an example if your enemy has most of his units in on row -> play Yaevinn -> Scorch, or if your enemy is duping foglets like crazy (with Nekkar Warrior) -> play Yaevinn -> all foglets are dead -> he has just 1 strength through fog and you have an extra card

7 - Not really, all leaders have their benefits and support a specific strategy except the "standard leaders" they fit into every strategy you can play with the specific faction. (Okay Crach an Crait is crap in a discard deck)

8 - I believe CDPR will implement more cards aswell as leaders in the future but we're just in closed beta so let's wait for the final version and then after a couple of month we can ask if we can get more content.

So i've been playing an arse ton more of Gwent today. And i kinda just want to update my opinions.

With 4, i still think the Leshen is too powerful, however i've just found the Caranthir card, which is basically the same thing, with much the same problem.
And they are both Monster cards, so if anyone had both of them in the same deck i'd be inclined to start betting they're going to win. I think they should both only have One 2-strength minion spawning with them, instead of Three 1-strengths and Two 2-strengths, immune to the weather.

Agree, I have them both in my deck and if I play them in one round they basically paralyze my opponent, especially if he isn't playing monsters and haven't any cards who are immune to fog and frost.

I think the solution to this would to cancel their weather ability.

Dear God, the Hawker support is infuriating to play against if someone sets up their entire deck around it.

Either:
We need a Gwent equivalent of Hearthstone's 'Silence', where you stop all current and future buffs, or
We reduce the +3 Bonus to +2 Bonus so that it doesn't roll out of control so ridiculously.

Even if you have the correct removecounters,
they can revive-counter, your removal-counter.

If something is completely predictable, yet usually unstoppable, that's what i call Overpowered

Top Bottom