Just Starting TW2 . . .

+
Just Starting TW2 . . .

I'm not sure if this is right place for this but here goes anyway.

I just got TW2 (yeah, I'm way behind the times) and wondered if others shared some observations about it.

First, the graphics are Gorgeous! I could hardy believe the opening movie, and all through what I've seen of the game it's Excellent. Unfortunately, they're so good that I can't run it on my laptop. That stinks because that's where I would be playing it a lot. I have a very sedentary job that allows me to play all night (a means of staying awake - #1 priority) and that's where and when I play. But with TW2 it appears that I'll only be playing on the weekends (desktop) and then only if there's nothing more pressing to do. It really a shame, I very disappointed. Oh well...

Second, did anyone else think there are a few too many cut scenes in the prologue? I'm into the next chapter but not very far. I hope not to spend as much time watching a 'movie' and more playing the game. Guess that's nit picking, but just sayin.

Anyway, just wanted to share these observations about it. It is, of course, an Awesome game and I look forward to going through it a few times. Just wish I could be enjoying it at work.

Cheers!
Sep

There are a lot of cutscenes in the Prolouge, that is what made me stop playing it the first time I tried but a few months later I tried it again and now I have played it for 50 hours :)

Yes there are a lot of cutcsenes in the prolog but I think that CDPR was trying to involve the new players into what a witcher actually does and introduce them to the witcher world . Thankfully though the prolog is the only one that has that many of them .

I'm completely new to The Witcher series as well, and I completely agree with you. It's a lot of cut scenes to get through when you're used to playing Skyrim and Fallout NV. It was a little frustrating at first, but it gets better (less scenes). It was confusing to me at first with all the flashbacks and fighting fights that already happened (and later on in the game when you fight as other characters).

One thing that bothered me at first too was how linear this game is compared to Skyrim and Fallout. I'm used to messing around and not following the quest line at all, but you have to in Witcher. And you can't go backwards either (e.g. go back to Flotsam after you leave it) which is really frustrating as there are crafting recipes I forgot to buy when I was there and I left a lot of loot in my storage container, which I won't be getting back. But I do find that the story line keeps me wanting to move forward. I'm so much in character that I don't care which swords I'm using or which armor I'm wearing, I just want to save my friends (who by the way have a lot more personality than anyone you meet in Skyrim. In Skyrim I don't really care if my followers die).

The combat is pretty awesome, though. Unrealistic, but awesome. As a swordsman myself I'm happy to see that they are using actual longsword techiniques for Witcher 3 (and a few in Witcher 2 as well).

Yeah, I grabbed this in anticipation of TW3. I am glad too, as the system is quite involved and takes some getting used to.

I'm completely new to The Witcher series as well, and I completely agree with you. It's a lot of cut scenes to get through when you're used to playing Skyrim and Fallout NV. It was a little frustrating at first, but it gets better (less scenes). It was confusing to me at first with all the flashbacks and fighting fights that already happened (and later on in the game when you fight as other characters).

One thing that bothered me at first too was how linear this game is compared to Skyrim and Fallout. I'm used to messing around and not following the quest line at all, but you have to in Witcher. And you can't go backwards either (e.g. go back to Flotsam after you leave it) which is really frustrating as there are crafting recipes I forgot to buy when I was there and I left a lot of loot in my storage container, which I won't be getting back. But I do find that the story line keeps me wanting to move forward. I'm so much in character that I don't care which swords I'm using or which armor I'm wearing, I just want to save my friends (who by the way have a lot more personality than anyone you meet in Skyrim. In Skyrim I don't really care if my followers die).

The combat is pretty awesome, though. Unrealistic, but awesome. As a swordsman myself I'm happy to see that they are using actual longsword techiniques for Witcher 3 (and a few in Witcher 2 as well).

Your storage is at the 'inn' and is shipped to the next 'inn' on your behalf (just use the storage in the inn at Verden, or the Kaedwin camp, or the courtyard 'inn' in Loc Muinne).

Have no fear of having lost your stash. (Works the same in the first Witcher game too ~ except that you can only access storage right at the very beginning of the final Act from Dandelion - In Act 3 you can access storage in both "quarters" of Vizima ~ the same stuff available in either).

I don't mind a lot of cutscenes :) Witcher games aren't Elder Scrolls clones and shouldn't be. They put big focus on stroytelling and cutscenes help with that. It's not some mindless action FPS.

About hardware - TW2 is demanding, so if you want to play it on a laptop, get the most high end one. Average laptops won't do.

The last generations of gamers are strange...

"The Witcher 2 - First Try - WAY TOO MUCH TALKING
Hi everyone, so today I played The Witcher 2 for the first time. I wanted to play it before The Witcher 3 comes out, as the new one looks awesome. Unfortunately I'm not enjoying it that much - there's way too much talking and not enough action. In this video I cut out most of the cut scenes. I think I cut out 10 minutes in total of talking! I might give it another go another day and see if I can get into it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EYuRG87jzY&feature=youtu.be

Second, did anyone else think there are a few too many cut scenes in the prologue? I'm into the next chapter but not very far. I hope not to spend as much time watching a 'movie' and more playing the game. Guess that's nit picking, but just sayin.

It’s a story-driven RPG so that’s the thing, it’s also based on a book saga so obviously it’s not the game where you start on a wagon without knowing who you are. The art is pretty well made in this game so I’d say don’t skimp on it. I understand it can get a bit pressing when you just started the game, see the trebuchets all around and want to exercise it – but it’s a starting point. It flows very smooth after that. Again, the dialogues and characters in the game are very worked out so it’s totally “worth it”. Have a good play.

"The Witcher 2 - First Try - WAY TOO MUCH TALKING
Hi everyone, so today I played The Witcher 2 for the first time. I wanted to play it before The Witcher 3 comes out, as the new one looks awesome. Unfortunately I'm not enjoying it that much - there's way too much talking and not enough action. In this video I cut out most of the cut scenes. I think I cut out 10 minutes in total of talking! I might give it another go another day and see if I can get into it.

Haha. She complains about the battle scene - "too much noise!". Really, what did she expect from it?-)

I like stories. I even went to point & click adventure as I love RPGs a lot and it clicked very well.

Top Bottom