Just wanna ask about the sub dermal grip

+
We see V paying for a subdermal grip
But then she just puts her arm in a thingy that kinda just etches the grip implant in her hand
So I wanna ask how did victor even get th..i dont even know how to ask the question
If the sub dermal grip is just something a persob 'sews' onto his hand (provided it's (the arm) also cybernetic) what is the thing that they're paying for?
The materials?
Like...just....how does it fucking work?
It's been bothering me since the demo released

I hated the way that grip was just a dermal grip. I hope we can get fancier grips that are actually sub-dermal.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Man, that's one of the plausible ones, i worry about what you're going to do when you see the reaaaly crazy ones.

This one might have "just" been sewed above/below skin level but it's probably more than just abrasive material for better grip. My guess would be it works by relieving the strain on the hand while gripping the weapon by working as an artificial muscle and high friction surface.

fluff wise it gives a better grip than your good old hand (nice but a good glove do the same) and achives its main functionality in giving the user a machine (weapons) to brain (well the nerve pathways in your arm, leading to the brain) interface.

and while the design is a nearly 100% acurrate depiction of the 2020 cyberware and thus great work! - i do hope you can get a stealthy one more SR style. because i would not want to have it. it would make day to day life so nope. for a soldier or mercanary i can c that but as as private person you´ll tell everyone and there dog that you are up to no good - which again is absolutly in tone with the world - just not exactly what i am after.

Top Bottom