Just wanted to remind CDPR that I am still mad about Sign builds.

+
Thanks to that 1.07 nerf, Firestream is about as useful as teats on a male. And doubly so when you reach Blood and Wine and NG+. I have five different mods installed for the sole purpose of just making signs useful in late-game. God this oversight is destroying my desire to replay the game. CDPR, please don't ever nerf abilities in your single-player games ever again. Better an ability be overpowered than worthless. Thanks, appreciate it.

I use the griffin set forever and always, signs are op af. When I have my prefered build and I am at lvl 100, I dont even need to get my swords out even against spiders or giants? Lets compare builds see what might be the problem.

Thanks to that 1.07 nerf, Firestream is about as useful as teats on a male. And doubly so when you reach Blood and Wine and NG+. I have five different mods installed for the sole purpose of just making signs useful in late-game. God this oversight is destroying my desire to replay the game. CDPR, please don't ever nerf abilities in your single-player games ever again. Better an ability be overpowered than worthless. Thanks, appreciate it.

The game was designed to work (and works perfectly fine) for a standard game between Levels 1-60(ish). That's far higher than pretty much anyone will get playing through the main quest + HoS + B&W. The game was NOT designed to work with NG+, scaled enemies, or Levels approaching 100. These were features that were worked in after the fact because of player demand, but there's no way that the foundational design of the game can be overwritten to ensure everything works without issue. It's not how the game was built.

Therefore, once players and enemies start getting into NG+ (especially with scaling), the way the game handles resistance scaling may make certain enemies immune to certain signs / effects / attacks. Technically, you're "off the charts". (The charts are there for a reason. NG+, enemy scaling, etc. largely ignores the charts and just does the math.)

In short, the game was designed to be played through once, ending around level 60 at the most, with no grinding. It is not a Dark Souls / Diablo / MMO experience focused on endless scaling, challenge, and loot. Also, Witcher signs are not really meant to be the same things as "spells" in other games. Their only supposed to be things that give Geralt a bit of an edge. (The way Aard and Igni work is especially overpowered, imo. But fun! ;) )

You're forgetting one thing when you say overpowered. Think of the lore Geralt is a Witcher he is ment to more than a mage or sage, in his own league so to speak. When I reached lvl 100 now with all of my experience in the game I don't use blade oils and quen (quen I do you use against monsters who depend on medium to close range high dps attacks, them being leshens and draconids and canine packs). But as far as scaling goes i always have enemy upscalling on to make sure there defence is higher than my attack. While hardly using Igni anymore, because 100% burning makes the game to easy, it is all about how you play. I like to immerse myself in the games mechanics, attack humans with no swords is just exhilarating when you defeat them even though they have archers. Just limiting yourself is the best course of action. CDPR could not of known about how people would of went about the games leveling as this is there first time having more of an open leveling system. Tbh with B&W they made slyzards which completely changed how you can and cannt attack. Wyverns are so easy to kill even though they are 20 levels above you, they learned rather quickly on how to balance this enemy giving more to it enemies especially on NG+DM. Thinking of all of this imagine how different the level scaling is going to be in Cyberpunk 2077, in TW3 they made some mistakes sure but they learn very fast. Just look at how you loot in the main game every single sack, wooden crate and chest has to be looted, but in the B&W dlc look at the QOL improvements they made so you just loot all of them that are stacked together. They will have learned how to properly level from this. This is want you want, a developer that listens and learns from their own mistakes. With all of this being said you are not wrong signs are op af, training endregas and using Igni with all four of the skills within the tree is easy thats why I dont use it, hardly lol. But I do see what you mean. A mistake they will never make again.

Top Bottom