just wondering about any sneak function mods

+
just wondering about any sneak function mods

is it possible to add a sneak function mod? i always liked the addition of it in games. it would be cool to be able to sneak up on bandit camps or even monsters.maybe just to get the upper hand at first or perhaps even sneak into a bandit camp and loot a chest without having to fight. it was cool like in the gothic games(or even the TES games), where there was places you were not allowed if seen by guards or something , but you could sneak in and out and loot the place or whatever.

i imagine it might not even be possible or would be a massive undertaking though.

Right now we can't add new animations, which would be the biggest problem. So basically, crouch walking is impossible afaik which would make a sneaking mod pretty bad. And since it would, as you said, be a huge undertaking, I don't think people are willing to work on it if it's doomed from the start :)

Right now we can't add new animations, which would be the biggest problem. So basically, crouch walking is impossible afaik which would make a sneaking mod pretty bad. And since it would, as you said, be a huge undertaking, I don't think people are willing to work on it if it's doomed from the start :)

sneaking could be realized in a way were you just cast some particle effect on geralt "covered" in mist / some magic spell, there are loads of them. but good luck figuring out the actual sneaking part, were when you are "hidden" no enemy reacts to you etc. ;)

Combat stance can be also used for crouch/stealth and finishers for takedowns but I guess it's impossible^ to make AI to behave properly.
Maybe it's possible to put them on 'ignore' while you 'crouch' and they will engage when you start the combat?

sneaking could be realized in a way were you just cast some particle effect on geralt "covered" in mist / some magic spell, there are loads of them. but good luck figuring out the actual sneaking part, were when you are "hidden" no enemy reacts to you etc. ;)
You would solve every problem in the world with particle magic wouldn't you :D

yea maybe a particle effect. and just have him walk at that point for slower movement. it just adds another element to the game. did CDPR ever release a modkit or editor? maybe they could help out.

well... there should be a function that can get you close to enemies...

its used in the battle of kaer morhen, when triss makes you lambert and letho go invisible

that could be used for a part of it.....

Top Bottom