Kaer Morhen cutscene fails.....Re: When Ciri knocks the helmet off the target dummy

+
Kaer Morhen cutscene fails.....Re: When Ciri knocks the helmet off the target dummy

Hi all,

Since NG+ the cutscene at the start of the game at Kaer Morhen where Ciri knocks the helmet off the target dummy and the Wild Hunt turn up (Geralt's Dream) stops just before she engages the dummy.....

I then started a new game from scratch to see if this fixed the issue but this halted (screen freezes) at the same point....have left it for 10 minutes but no change....When you press space twice it does jump to the next scene where Geralt wakes up.....

Thats what it does to me when I OC my video card too much. That exact scene even, its how I test my OCs these days.

Thanks DXMG, but I can't see how this could be the case with the rig I'm running....
AMD FX-9370 8-core at 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 4GB AMD Radeon R9 290X....when running WItcher at ultra high settings, the card itself is running at around 50 to 60% capability.....I usually only run Witcher on it's own (as it's such an immersive game), but I have tested running Witcher 3, WIldstar and GTA V (I sometimes use a trip-monitor setup for some games using Eyefinity- not Witcher). I have tested the original problem also with the basics of one screen only....same issue.

I have an NVidia GTX 750 Ti arriving in a few days to install in my wife's Intel-based machine (her gfx card currently doesn't support WItcher 3) so will be testing with this at the same point.....just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue....

I don't have any other issues with any other cutscene in the game (have played through full twice, and now currently chasing Triss on my third try using NG+), so possibly thinking I may have a local file corruption or something in that file/files that isn't behaving...(is it a lone file cutscene or built into the drivers etc?)

Oh, yeah just adding in for the CDProjekt Team - I have been a pretty serious gamer for years (started on a zx81), and this product of Witcher 3 simply blows anything out of the water.....if you can keep the team together and build more for the future, I will give you my money :) Multiple times :)

o7

Top Bottom