Kaldurenik's TW2 review etc etc

+
Kaldurenik's TW2 review etc etc

Lets start then. Is TW 2 Good? Yes it is. Could it have been a lot better? Yes.
I will talk about a few of my problems with the game and its release, including the retail editions. The games combat, DLC, world, story, acts, QTE, boss encounters, NPC's, UI, AI, mini games and some more things.

Some things here might make a few people sad or annoyed or even angry, some people might agree.
There wont be a short version of the topic and it will probably contain a billion spelling errors and stuff so i have to apologise for it.

Lets start:

Content:
Pre-Release
Release
The Retail Editions
The game what is it?
The combat
Boss Encounters
QTE
AI
Mini Games
The World
The Acts
Choices
UI
Worth it?

Each one of these will contain MY opinion and i will point out what i see as flaws / good things.

Pre-Release)
I think most people here know what im going to say. It saddens me a lot when a great company like CDPROJECT makes a major mistake like this. For the people that dont know: Before release they decided to redesign their website for the release of TW2. This is all fine and i dont have a problem with that. My problem is the fact that the website was not done. So what did they do? They took the old website down and its forum and then left the community "hanging". To make it even worse they noticed that they had problems and then the release day came and do you think we had any official forums up? No. Instead people posted all over the web about their problems and issues with the game. There was no central point to get information. The players had no idea if thing X was a bug, if the devs worked on the problems. This could easily have been avoided by putting the old website on. Did they? No.
If i had to rate the company based upon this alone i would have given them a score around the level of a kinder garden and i would not recommend this company for anyone based upon this.

On another note. I like how one of the CDPROJECT people were posting on Gog once in a while. Yes i know its not to hard for them to do considering how its their sister company (or whatever you call it) but we did get alot of updates there. But still its not a official website and most people dont know about gog / CDPROJECT.

Release)
So the release day came and everyone was excited to play TW2. Now there was just one problem. Their servers kept on crashing. And because of the DRM that the game used people could not play. Yes they did post a patch to fix this and yes they even got into some legal problem for it and i love you guys for that. Where others would have given the customers the middle finger you guys went "well our customers have problems lets fix the problem". You should have a big golden star for that. However that dont make this okey. Next time please try to plan the release better.

The Normal Edition)
This box... I dont even know where to start. Its good very good. It bring back memories of when i was younger and you got actual content in your box and not like now days when you get a plastic case with a dvd in it. I highly recommended to people to get TW2 after i had played it especially the normal edition. It was good value, nice box, nice content and the game itself is awesome. I honestly dont have anything bad to say about it.

The Collectors Edition)
Oh boy this edition compared to the normal one. Its like day and night. This is the normal editions evil twin brother. Its bad in about every way and some of the design choices for it still have me scratching my head over how dumb they are.

But lets get down to it:
*The plastic that hold the items. A 1 year old could have figured out that heavy things > Fragile plastic. I have no idea who game up with the idea. But please do me a favour and go up to that person and smack that person at the back of his/her head and tell them to not be so stupid.
*The bust *makes a sign to keep demons away*. This item is so low quality, so badly done, so cheap that i dont even know if there is anything else to add. It lack paint and came in a bad container that broke the bust and the container itself. Next time please add something nice... Like a lorebook, a book a medallion.
*The art book. Overall i love this book. While it do miss some things in it (some characters are not there). Its still great and i love how it have been made and the text in it. I would have liked to see a few more pages with the characters missing but still. Awesome (thumb up).
*The other misc things: They are fine for me. No complains, no issues.

Overall considering how i paid more then twice the price for the CE compared to the NE? (i paid around 30 euro for NE and around 70 euro for the CE) Was it worth it? No. The value was overall bad and considering how broken it was and that most of them was this way (with a few rare exceptions) i cant say that im impressed.

Now on another note i love the medallion i got with the replacement bust and i like how the company tried to fix the problem by sending free busts. So major thumb up for this one and a big golden start. You should all pat yourself on the back. If this was any other dev team... Yeah they would probably laugh is directly in our face.

The game... What is it? (spoilers)
So lets get to the game itself (damn this is a lot of text already).
What is TW2? Its a Action Rpg a very good action rpg but a ARPG anyway. The game follows a character as he have to venture out and find the killer of a king and to clear his name. On this quest he will face hard decisions (that makes other games look like their target audience was 5 year old children)that have no clear right or wrong. He will meet a lot of interesting characters and be thrown into a conflict that will decide the worlds destiny (well ok not in TW2 but later on). Overall there is no need to play TW1 to understand whats happening but as always playing the game before it helps.

Anyway lets continue.

Combat)
The combat in TW2 is horribly unbalanced it make no sense, follow no logical progression and is at times clunky and annoying. Wait wait wait dont charge your igni spells let me explain first and then if you dont agree then you can throw the fire at me. Now do please note that im not saying that its "bad" its simply average but better then TW1.

The game starts out (for a first time player) hard. In a normal game it starts by being easy and then it get harder the further the game progress the game will then throw new challenges depending on what you have learnt so far. Do this happen in TW2? No. Now im not saying that i had any problems with the combat. Hell i found it to easy at times. But still if i found the start to easy and i played on hard and then the game get easier and easier the further you progress... Well its not fun. Throw in the fact that roll is your friend it make the game abit broken.

Then you have the overall clunky controls at times now i know some people have issues with this and some do not. People cant agree if its because of a animation (where people think they should be allowed to attack again) or if its a bug in the code that make some people have a minor delay for Geralt. In any case for me they did at times feel unresponsive ofc it could be a issue at my end but yeah its my opinion.

Then we get to targeting. Targeting in this game is strange. If you do it wrong when you fight a group of enemies you will go flying across the area and hit that enemy causing the group to attack you from behind. Killing you if you play on hard. Im not sure how one could fix this... add some kind of "aim". Make it less sensitive to target changes? Im not sure...

Now... Alchemy and Spells yes i have them in the combat area as they are both meant for combat. Lets start with Alchemy. Its broken. Ok its super overpowered if you know what you are doing. But any game that is balanced around "knowing what happens before it happen with out any warning" is badly done. As there is no way to take a potion in combat you will have to know where encounters are and what you are fighting. When you know that the potions get overpowered. But in my opinion it should be balanced around both of them. That is also why i would like to see potion drinking in combat return.
Now to the spells! The spells are okey and also face the same problem as alchemy with some spells being way to powerful (the shield that i cant remember the name on) and igni are the largest offenders of this. Beside that i would like to see more uses for the other spells. The moment you think outside the box the game slaps you on your head and tells you to return back to the path intended.

Bombs cant comment on them as every time i use them the game crash \o/ on both of my computers.

Finishing moves... Remove them, delete them just make them cease to be. As a person that played on hard its annoying as hell when you enter a finishing move only to have the enemies attack you from behind the moment you get out of the animation. And considering how you die in 2-6 hits (depending on if you have the shield up or not) on hard... yeah its not fun. Or at least add the option to disable it.

Damn... And to think that there is so much more to write o_O

Boss Encounters)
I dont like bosses that are so scripted that if you think outside the box they either get bugged or the entire script is broken. The Dragon and "kraken" are the biggest offenders of this. The lack of ways to solve them are just sad. For example on the dragon i decided to "trap" ... it as it crawl around the tower... Can you do it? NO.
if you attack the boss to fast you break the encounter. So you have to follow the script.

Now i did like Letho its more my kind of boss. He have his abilities and minor things, he can be hard depending on the situation and there is no real script that will smack you on the back of your head (mostly).

Overall on the boss encounter part i would not recommend the game. I did simply not find most of them any fun im not a fan of a big boss for the "cinematic" experience.

QTE)
And this brings us to the next stupid thing. QTE... What... Why? What is this... I dont even...
Seriously Quick time events? Are we playing a game or watching a interactive movie? The QTE adds nothing to the game, they are annoying (as a example) when you have to ready the balista at the start of the game. "click click click click click click click" Could someone please tell me why we cant just press "use" then have a cooldown or something while the enemies spawn to stop us? Lets not forget the issue where QTE's dont show up on the screen.

Alot of the QTE's could have been done without the QTE requirement. For example running from the dragon, fist fighting (will get to this later), some of the attacks at some bosses... There was a few more but my memory is not up to speed its late and im tired.

AI)
Im not sure what to say about this one except that its bad. I know a hard ai is hard to make hell games with a good ai are super rare. But in TW2 they simply suck. Mobs get stuck in corner, they are stupid and dont "work as a team" they mindlessly walk towards you no team work or anything. In TW3 i hope to see better Ai with more team work from their side.

The mini games)
Now i know they are mini games i but still they are part of the game as a whole so lets start...

Dice game: Overall fun however i have to question the camera. Its so annoying and it makes it hard to throw the Dices into the board as if you move the mouse to fast you will kill someone watching on the side as the dice go flying away in the speed of light. And if you move to slow there is no real "roll" on the dices.

Arm Wrestling: Remove it completely. Want to know how i won ALL of them? Lower mouse sensitivity move the mouse slowly to the right then you will auto win. And its not fun at all...

Fist Fighting: This is just one sad game... Where of Arm Wrestling is simply broken Fist fighting worked in TW1. So what did we get in TW2? A interactive S*** movie. I got hit twice in all my fights in the game. Why? The first time when i had no idea that it was a QTE. The 2nd time when i looked away from the screen. Why could we not have had TW1's system but improved and smoother? Fist Fighting is all bling with no content, no depth, no complexity. Its a movie a badly done QTE. Its simply... Sad.

The World)
Here i will talk about the world, terrain, textures, models, level designs, creatures and quests. So lets get starting...

Overall the game is beyond beautiful with hardly any loading screens. You will stand there and just watch some of the beautiful scenery in the game. There are however problems.

Lets start with loading... As a game that should have close to no loading screens it do keep its promise. But there are issues for example when you follow a npc and they open a door. Guess what!? The animation have to return to "closed" so the npc will slam the door in your face and you will have to open the door again. I would love to have had the ability to follow a npc without them doing that.

The world and its terrain is beautiful you can see that it have been crafted with care for most of the parts (will get to this lateron). There are a few things that while pointless to the game... Well they would have made the world feel more alive. For example have npc's move around more. Wild animals (even friendly ones) cats on the streets, dogs (you get the point) minor things that would have taken the world to the next step.
There is one other issue and that is the damn collision detection on some of the things in the world... Where you think you should be able to walk but you cant because there is a invisible wall there. But its not a major issue.

I would have liked to seen more "monsters" in the world as in monster types. But its not a major issue. Overall most of the monsters and npc's are done in a good way but some minor npc's and some monsters in darker areas have had some corners cut.

No real complains about the quests in the game most of them are good and fun there are a few minor issues but they are mostly bug related.

The acts)

The prologue.
The only complain i have here is that you should not have the option to jump back and forward if it simply make no sense. I know its a story but if YOU tell a story do you start at the middle section go to the end and then to the start? This also made the problem where people got thrown into combat without any idea whats going on without even walking around in the game yet. Bad design choice sadly but nothing unfixable. I do love the look on the war camp.

Act 1.
Act one is a awesome area with alot of unique quests, beautiful terrain and nature. The only complains i have is the sneak part and the boss encounter. The boss for the reasons i stated before and the sneak part because of how broken it seem to be at times.

Act 2.
Now these areas... I just love how the game change depending on what side you pick. I have nothing major to complain about except the part where you play as the knight. Damn that part of the game is broken. Well so is the boss there. Anyway alot of interesting areas, cool npc's, more depth to the story and you will get alot of questions lets hope Act 3 will answer them.

Act 3.
To bad! We ran out of time with the game so here you go the rushed act 3 part! Maybe... maybe not. But act 3 was boring, short and you have like 5mins at the end where everything is explained and the game pat you on the back.
Not only that for some reason this act almost killed my computer it lowered the fps by like 40%. I just wish they would have spent more time and added more things to do here and that they would have given you better explanations over the entire act instead of just towards the end.

The ending.
I understand the meaning of the endings, i like how the game overall changed (even if it was just minor small things here and there). There is a complaint... Start movie... Done... Its about that short with no real explanation its a major cliff hanger and i dont like endings like that. Yes i know they are building it up for TW3. But that dont mean i have to like it or that they have to make the ending bad.

Choices)
Now this is the part that i love. What is right... What is wrong? It make other action rpg's and rpgs in the last generation look like kindergarten games made for 5 year olds. The game enter the question. Who is right and who is wrong as a bystander you only know a few minor things about whats happening. You see cruel good and evil people on both sides. It makes the player think about his / her choices and not like in some games "press blue" (if you play good) or "red" (if you play a asshole). I do hope that the devs will make these choices mater for TW3 so that we dont get another Mass Effect where you get like 1 line and then a pat on the back.
Overall i highly recommend this game for anyone that like games with a good story and interesting choices.

The UI)
Its not very good. Yes i understand that its made for a controller in mind. But if you are going to make a super limited big UI with lots of wasted space then atleast allow the options to show more things on the screen even if it happen to be in a annoying scrolling window. Yes i prefer a grind based ui and a more keyboard / mouse friendly ui. Its not that i have anything against a scrolling bar. its simply all the wasted space, limited items on the screen that make me annoyed. Throw in the lack of options of the menu and stuff and yeah its simply not a good ui.

Is the game Worth spending money on? Is it good? Could it be better?
Yes the game is easily worth the money that it had back on the release date even. The game is good. But it could be so much more and so much better if it was not for the QTE, unbalanced combat, rushed act 3 and bad ui.

Overall i would give the game about 80/100 including the post release and release problems including their fixes and the retail boxes ofc.

Oh that reminds me i have fire resistance, feel free to comment or flame me or be nice and say that you agree... Or not agree. I know its a long post but yeah :)

I'm assuming English isn't your mother tongue so I find it hard to understand everything you say. I agree with some of your points; the delays in combat, the qte's, arm wrestling is so-so, but I also believe you need to play the game at least twice to really judge it. I found myself better understanding combat, aiming, leveling up, etc. with another run. I've come to the conclusion that while targeting objects and doors seems fickle, targeting in combat is very reliable and works exactly as it should. there is also a strong element of timing and recovery frames wired into the combat system that I think needs improvement.

If I had to give an actual score, I'd say 90%. It's mostly technical issues that hold the game down, for me anyway. And I still say it's a superior game to TW1.

Well at least you liked the game whew . To start with I thought here we go another forum troll . I will agree that fist fighting is sad could have been done empty hand combat and kept in fighting circle until combat is over . I think 80/100 is a little low in-spite of flaws .

Customer support 100 % Cdpr provided it even though timing of rebuild of site was poor point is support was provided through it all .
Game concept and story 100 % No explanation needed
Game mechanics 70% Strong and well put together character animations except faces . UI clunky but not unmanageable. Combined this with QTE's in same topic ewww but as you said fixable it wouldn't really take much . This is really the only low spot in game but it also represents sort of my level of importance as well because it is not unusable . After playing game 6 times chapter 3 being rushed seems to fit with the over all tempo of game I would like more but who doesn't .

These are the three things that matter most to me in a game but Witcher 2 gets 5 point bonus for sheer graphical beauty .
over all score 95%

I would give the game 95% score based on my opinion, and well have no patience to type dam long posts like you mate :p
anyways do agree with most you said

secondchildren said:
He is not. Kaldurenik is an old acknowledge of ours. Welcome back, Kaldurenik
Hello \o

Its good to be back!

:>

Yes while i understand that its all opinions i did take into account the problems with the editions and website for the score. Also 80/100 is not a bad score... Well ok the today's standard is anything under 75 is bad :p (and that is stupid tbh. If someone ask me "Should i buy TW2? I will say: WHAT!? You dont have TW2 go out and get it now!". Its worth the money, its a good game. You will have fun.

Yes i did understand the combat and i had no real problems with it however balancing combat or some of the things around "you have to play it again" to make it useful is not very good anyway. Also i played it 3 times so its not like i did not get value for my money.

I will probably add something then 2.0 is up and running. And write some about the DLC i even forgot DLC in the main post :( That is why you should not write long topics in the middle of the night.

Cant wait for 2.0 :>

And like i said before sorry for my english.

I would like to see your reviews and scores of other games and seewhat games do you like/dislike more than tw2.

Kaldurenik said:
Fist Fighting: This is just one sad game... Where of Arm Wrestling is simply broken Fist fighting worked in TW1. So what did we get in TW2? A interactive S*** movie. I got hit twice in all my fights in the game. Why? The first time when i had no idea that it was a QTE. The 2nd time when i looked away from the screen. Why could we not have had TW1's system but improved and smoother? Fist Fighting is all bling with no content, no depth, no complexity. Its a movie a badly done QTE. Its simply... Sad.

I don't agree with this. I think the fist fighting in TW1 was much worse then in TW2.
In TW1 you only had to use 2 buttons. The left mouse button and the right. Slap him with lmb, duck with rmb. Thats all I had to do to win it. And in TW1 it looks horrible, and after you win a fight you have to watch Geralt being very happy about winning for 20 seconds.

I do think it is too easy in TW2. After 2 fistfights I knew I had to focus on the middle of the screen, where the keys pop up.

Other then that I agree with most of the review. My score would be 87/100 or something like that.

secondchildren said:
He is not. Kaldurenik is an old acknowledge of ours. Welcome back, Kaldurenik

Great, then he is an old acknowledge troll of yours, doesn't change much :D

I'll be blunt. There are people whose job is to make review. They do it way better. I don't really get the point of doing a poor review by yourself, in a poorly written language.

I think everything, from the best to the worst, has been written in professional reviews already.

Sirnaq said:
I would like to see your reviews and scores of other games and seewhat games do you like/dislike more than tw2.
Well as TW2 is a action rpg i would have to compare it to other action rpg's out there Two Worlds, Risen, Fable 3 ME 1/2 and so on. Overall i found most of the game have flaws and lets not even talk about Fable 3. I had fun with them all but that dont mean i will throw a 90 on them. For example i would rate Two Worlds as 65 "ok", Fable 3 as 40 (below average), Risen about 70 ME1 75 & ME 2 70 and well i could go on but this topic is not about other games. Are there any Action rpg's that i would give a higher score then TW2 so far? Well i guess the older gothic game would rank a few points more. Morrowind is the same and so is deus ex.

Sirnaq said:
I don't agree with this. I think the fist fighting in TW1 was much worse then in TW2.
In TW1 you only had to use 2 buttons. The left mouse button and the right. Slap him with lmb, duck with rmb. Thats all I had to do to win it. And in TW1 it looks horrible, and after you win a fight you have to watch Geralt being very happy about winning for 20 seconds.

I do think it is too easy in TW2. After 2 fistfights I knew I had to focus on the middle of the screen, where the keys pop up.

Other then that I agree with most of the review. My score would be 87/100 or something like that.
Thats why i said that the should have improved and smoothed the system out for TW2 instead. And yes the 20sec win animation was horrible. But i stand by my opinion.

Sirnaq said:
Great, then he is an old acknowledge troll of yours, doesn't change much :D

I'll be blunt. There are people whose job is to make review. They do it way better. I don't really get the point of doing a poor review by yourself, in a poorly written language.

I think everything, from the best to the worst, has been written in professional reviews already.
*shrug*

Agree with quite a few of your points Kaldurenik (cool name by the way,) however me being a story whore all the frustrations are eclipsed by the plot, the characters and the setting. Reactive, logical and mature, it treats both the player and the gameworld with respect and neither preaches or promises, just gives us choices and their consequences and trusts that we know best. Intellectually this is refreshing as hell and in my humble the right path for games to be taking.

Blothulfur said:
Agree with quite a few of your points Kaldurenik (cool name by the way,) however me being a story whore all the frustrations are eclipsed by the plot, the characters and the setting. Reactive, logical and mature, it treats both the player and the gameworld with respect and neither preaches or promises, just gives us choices and their consequences and trusts that we know best. Intellectually this is refreshing as hell and in my humble the right path for games to be taking.

well put, my sentiments exactly :D

and btw yeah cool name

Blothulfur said:
\o/ thanks.

Well i like a good story :) that is why i read about 1-2 books a week fantasy only ofc :> ^^.
But i looked at the game from both a story, world, gameplay point of view (and a few more but the list is long).

I personally never cared for "balanced" combat in a single player game. As long as I have fun with it, it's irrelevant if it's illogical or unbalanced. I personally enjoyed having my ass kicked the first few times in the prologue. I really did, because first it was a breath of fresh air for me, compared to other games that treat me like a child. Secondly, because that difficulty helped convey the feeling of a war well imo. It may not have been deliberate, but it added gravity to the situation. It's a war and it shouldn't be a picnic.

Overall, despite issues that are there that I hope will be fixed, I do not recall having as much fun in terms of gameplay in an RPG before TW2 (and Deus Ex). I found it very fun to play, and that's what ultimately matters to me. TW1 was fun too, but not to the same extent for me.

But like Blothulfur, my main priority is story. That's where TW2 shines and I would have loved it regardless (but not as much), if it had a shitty combat system with ninja paratroopers every 5 seconds.

KnightofPhoenix said:
I personally never cared for "balanced" combat in a single player game. As long as I have fun with it, it's irrelevant if it's illogical or unbalanced. I personally enjoyed having my ass kicked the first few times in the prologue. I really did, because first it was a breath of fresh air for me, compared to other games that treat me like a child. Secondly, because that difficulty helped convey the feeling of a war well imo. It may not have been deliberate, but it added gravity to the situation. It's a war and it shouldn't be a picnic.

Overall, despite issues that are there that I hope will be fixed, I do not recall having as much fun in terms of gameplay in an RPG before TW2 (and Deus Ex). I found it very fun to play, and that's what ultimately matters to me. TW1 was fun too, but not to the same extent for me.

But like Blothulfur, my main priority is story. That's where TW2 shines and I would have loved it regardless (but not as much), if it had a shitty combat system with ninja paratroopers every 5 seconds.
Well balance tend to be somewhat important because it decide how the game is played. Do it get to easy way to fast, to hard? Dont it give the player any options? I had no real problems with the combat not even at the start on hardest (it was what i started the game on).

Yes it is nice that TW2 dont treat the player as a child by saying "BLUE = GOOD RED = BAD / ASSHOLE" ^^.

And its always good that you have fun that is the important thing right?.

Kaldurenik said:
I had no real problems with the combat not even at the start on hardest (it was what i started the game on).

On which version did you play the game first ? 1.0 ?

Whiners whined, so they nerfed the prologue badly. However, even if this game can be tagged "easy" once you know everything, and uses all our arsenal, no one can really say he played it with no challenge what so ever. Many people have finished the insane part, but I doubt anyone did it on his first try. Many has lost many hours at that, cause if this game may seem easy, it's also not forgetting. If 5 endryagas succeeds in positionning themselves around you, you're just dead faster than you see it, one charge in your back and it's a bye bye.
Same with the nekkers, etc.

That is just to say that TW2's combat is both challenging and fun, at least it was really that for me. If you played a more challenging Action RPG, be my guest, name it.

Nolenthar said:
On which version did you play the game first ? 1.0 ?

Whiners whined, so they nerfed the prologue badly. However, even if this game can be tagged "easy" once you know everything, and uses all our arsenal, no one can really say he played it with no challenge what so ever. Many people have finished the insane part, but I doubt anyone did it on his first try. Many has lost many hours at that, cause if this game may seem easy, it's also not forgetting. If 5 endryagas succeeds in positionning themselves around you, you're just dead faster than you see it, one charge in your back and it's a bye bye.
Same with the nekkers, etc.

That is just to say that TW2's combat is both challenging and fun, at least it was really that for me. If you played a more challenging Action RPG, be my guest, name it.

\o/

I cant think of a single hard action rpg. Including TW2 ;) and yes im serious. One of the main problems when you come to action rpg's in general is that when they make something "hard" they just boost the health and damage. The ai is still just as bad they dont play with any form of tactic.

I played on hard and i think i played it on release patch (but it was a while ago) i know i had no real problems on my 2nd run either it was even easier as i could drink a potion knowing when the fights was going to happen. Compared to my first run where i used like 3 potions over the entire game.

Maybe one of the first gothics but it was a while ago since i played them or maybe that was the UI / controls that made it hard. I cant remember =/

Oh and im not saying that i did not die or have never died ;). I did here and there for example in the cave where 2390423490 nekkers (i think thats their name) i died "walk in... Kill a few... Continue to walk. Get jumped by like 20 of them (complete madness) next time i was abit more careful. But it was never "hard". Even worse. The hardest encounters in the game is when you fight 5+ mobs all the bosses are way to easy sadly :(.

Kaldurenik said:
Oh and im not saying that i did not die or have never died ;). I did here and there for example in the cave where 2390423490 nekkers (i think thats their name) i died "walk in... Kill a few... Continue to walk. Get jumped by like 20 of them (complete madness) next time i was abit more careful. But it was never "hard". Even worse. The hardest encounters in the game is when you fight 5+ mobs all the bosses are way to easy sadly :(.

Then I don't get it, you died a lot, I guess like everyone in some different places.
The first fight at the ballista I guess, at least a couple of times, the fight in the temple, back in the day where there were still craploads of soldiers, the fight against the nekkers in the cave, most likely the endryaga rush in the forest where they all decided to kill you, maybe even the attacks of elves in Malena quest, the first fight with Letho, and a few other fights in the game where you got surprised by the opposition.

Boss fight were rather easy, I may agree. Maybe because the mechanics were quite obvious, and maybe cause you had an already powerful arsenal at your disposal.

However, if you didn't find any of those parts difficult, without using craploads of bombs and Quen, then you're definitely an hardcore player, and I don't think any game should catter to such a rare trait.

Top Bottom