Katakan useless

+
What you guys are talking about, new Katakan is super strong and miles better than Ghoul. You choose which unit to banish and this is so much better, you can pick spy opponent played that is 18 power silver unit against NR and 20 power against ST or you can mess with opponent graveyard strategy and worst case scenario is that you remove biggest Crone for 15 power silver which give you couple consume triggers. Not playing Katakan in monster consume is mistake.

I mean imagine silver Elven Mercenary with two more power that could bring any Special from your deck instead or random? Would not that be much better?

The first Version of Katakan wasnt that good, becouse you could easily wait till he consumed your whole graveyard and then get weathered.
This new Version is really strong,also as a finisher if you play it 3rd round.

It depends. Is not OP nor bad. Is like hag. Situational.. Both are great and katakana is more safe because it enters the game like a big unit.while hag can be killed before. But in some deck ( nekker nest deck) is better hag ( always a bet).

d3vil_dant3;n7734120 said:
It depends. Is not OP nor bad. Is like hag. Situational.. Both are great and katakana is more safe because it enters the game like a big unit.while hag can be killed before. But in some deck ( nekker nest deck) is better hag ( always a bet).

Why not just run both?

Charm_quark2;n7731760 said:
How about Caretaker? Last time I checked he was caretaker not carpenter, so how exactly is he "resurrecting" boats and siege weapons? :D

We should call him Jesus because he was a carpenter who brought people back from the dead ;-)

TriforceDragon;n7734500 said:
Why not just run both?

because i personally use 3 witchers, d-bomb and giant tod.. so i have only one silver left.. for some decks 3 witchers ( or crowns) are must have. D-bomb is too strong to don t have in deck and giant tod helps you a lot

Isi23_23;n7733610 said:
What you guys are talking about, new Katakan is super strong and miles better than Ghoul.

Read all my comments. It seems that the french version of the katakan suggests that the consummed unit is random. That's why I created this thread, I didn't know there was a mistake in the french description.

Katakan worthless?

Ghoul (bronze) is the same 4HP and banishes a non gold unit in either graveyard and absorbs its strength. Exactly the same as the Katakan(silver).
Why even have the Katakan card?

Am I missing something?

silver katakan is very woth against Skellige. when they discarding his deck like hell and adding base STR to cards on graveyard. you can just eat that fat corpse :D

I personally wish I could use 3 Katakan cards in a deck. It is an excellent card that can really win games for you. PIcking any card you want from either graveyard can really throw a wrench in your opponents strategy, it can cause a huge point swing to win a game, combine it with a few griffons and it can make resurrection insignificant. I love using it.

Voodoocaster13;n8353310 said:
I personally wish I could use 3 Katakan cards in a deck. It is an excellent card that can really win games for you. PIcking any card you want from either graveyard can really throw a wrench in your opponents strategy, it can cause a huge point swing to win a game, combine it with a few griffons and it can make resurrection insignificant. I love using it.

I personally wish I could use 3 silver cards in a deck. It is an excellent card that can really win games for you. The ability can really throw a wrench in your opponents strategy, it can cause a huge point swing to win a game, combine it with a few other cards and it can make the opponent's tactic insignificant. I love using it.

^ There, I've fixed it for you. Now you can apply it to all silver cards because -well you know- it goes for all silver cards. That's why they have a limit of 1.

4RM3D. Uuummm No need to fix my post. I was just replying to the OP. Obviously you are limited to 1 because it's silver. I was just reinforcing the fact that it's a great card and much better then a ghoul. Not sure why you came at me with a chip on your shoulder...

Voodoocaster13;n8353310 said:

You could if you use operator and decoy.

Katakan is powerful in some situations, Vs decks that rely heavily on resurrecting. It's not about how high in HP you can get him, it's about what he consumes. A tasty Neneke or even a Queensguard can change the game.

Top Bottom