Kayran: Can someone please kill the kayran for me? :(

+
Godmode Revamped - Nexus Mods =] ...just remember to drop out of the game in order to remove it afterwards if you normally prefer not to have to cheat.

FrancoInBerlin;n10699201 said:
Hello everyone, I am here with the usual QTE problem for Kayran.... anyone so kind to kill it for me and letting me have work done back?

Sure. Sending savefile via PM in a moment.

(Apparently I've totally forgotten some of the controls... should probably play through the game again...)

Please guys I'm having the same problem as the guy who created this topic. Could someone please help me out passing the qte in the Kayran quest. That'll be really awesome. Here is a link to the save file

I just started playing Witcher 2 and got stuck trying to kill the Kayran. Some help/insights would be greatly appreciated.

I got all the Kayrans arms chopped off but can't seem to click my left mouse button fast enough to stay on the sweeping tentacle. I tried that damn tentacle ride 20 times or more. Asked my son to try (he's a big Fortenite player) but he failed. I am playing on easy mode. Is is not about speed? Should I try on normal and give it a go? Do I need to go spend big $ on a high speed gaming mouse? I really like the game. I would hate to have to bypass it and move on to Wichter 3 simply because I can't click a mouse button fast enough.

@Exarr-Kunn Thread merged, although you're only asking for help/insights.

If your PC runs the game fine, you shouldn't need to click crazy fast, also the QTE is doable with just a basic (non-gaming) mouse.
Have you tried adjusting your mouse's settings? I think I've seen someone mention it worked.

@Exarr-Kunn Thread merged, although you're only asking for help/insights.

If your PC runs the game fine, you shouldn't need to click crazy fast, also the QTE is doable with just a basic (non-gaming) mouse.
Have you tried adjusting your mouse's settings? I think I've seen someone mention it worked.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I tied turning my mouse sensitivity up to 9, same result. I can only get about half the meter filled and get dropped of the tentacle. very frustrating. Does it make a difference that I am running off of steam?

Does it make a difference that I am running off of steam?

Shouldn't matter. Game's been the same for me on both Steam and GOG.
Have you searched the internet for possible solutions? Judging by this thread alone the issue isn't too uncommon.

If all else fails, you can always share your savefile here and someone'll be able to kill the Kayran for you.

got all the Kayrans arms chopped off but can't seem to click my left mouse button fast enough to stay on the sweeping tentacle.

1.) Try toggling your Vsync on if it's off. (Or off if it's on.) If that has no effect, also try limiting FPS to 30 for the duration of the fight.

2.) If your keyboard has an "anti-ghosting" mode, try toggling that to the other setting.

3.) A bunch of people seem to have good results by lowering their resolution as far as it goes. (While I have no idea why that would work, it's not the strangest thing I've seen a PC do.)

Hello everybody in the Witcher community, i've recently started playing the Witcher 2 and despite my low specs computer i managed to run it fine. However, after chopping three or four tentacles of the monster, i seem to always fail at the QTE, never managing to fill the bar.
I lowered even more my resolution and graphics but it dindn't solve the problem. I tried everything but i alawys fall off the tentacle in the QTE. I need someone to help me by beating the Kayran for me. Please guys, i would realliy appreciate if you do this for me.
I uploaded the latest savegame at: https://ufile.io/yq48s.
Thanks to anyone who might help me.

Top Bottom