Keep 1.08 or upgrade to 1.10?

+
Keep 1.08 or upgrade to 1.10?

Reading about all the problems with version 1.10 I wonder if it's safe to upgrade. I know, you probably only read the bad things about something on a forum. The problems I currently have are very minor, there's plenty of NPC pop-in and some texture pop-in on certain places, like the ships in Oxenfurt. It's strange, the game has an almost infinite view distance when set on ultra but has trouble drawing NPCs 10 meters in front of you.

I play on PC and don't have the expansion yet so that's not an issue. No crashes or hangs so far, about 100 hours in.

So what do you think, worth to upgrade or wait until patch 1.11 or 1.12?

For me it was a very good update, no issues added as far as I've played. Some extras added such as more abilities in the skilltree. I'd say upgrade really.

Very good update for me too, even if I'm finally waiting again for more bugs to be fixed before playing more. I didn't really started to play the game until this update release, one or two weeks ago (can't remember) cause it was too bugged for me to enjoy, just to let you know, if it can give you an idea. And NPC pop-in has, as far as I can tell, totally disappeared.

Now it could really be enjoyable (in my very own opinion I mean, as it was apparently already enjoyable before for thousands of people). Just waiting again because I'm probably just too much hard to please... ^^
But my case is my case...

Last edited:
Heres what you get with 1.10:

+ NPC pop-in greatly reduced (not totally gone, but dramatically better)
+ Horse walk stutter is finally gone
+ Some nice ability reworks

- A quite severe performance hit, with many reported a 5 - 15 fps drop on average (including me).

Its up to you, are those pros worth an FPS hit?

Thanks people, looks like I'm going to upgrade, seems worth it.

If you hope to play the expansion Hearts of Stone, you will need to update to patch 1.10 since it had much of the prep work for the expansion included in its files.

Top Bottom