Kegs Drop-rate Analysis (Premium, Silver, Gold)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
95 kegs
Common - 353 ( Premium - 7)
Rare - 102 ( Premium - 12)
Epic - 18 ( Premium - 5)
Legendary - 2 ( Premium - 1)

Bought 40 Kegs and WTF?

So I just spent $50 on 40 kegs and got ONE! legendary. Got 1 legendary out of 40 kegs and im pretty dam disgusted! I dont know what to say. I guess I expected atleast 2 maybe hoped for 3...smh. Seems pretty down right shitty to say the least. Its taking great restraint to keep from going on a long ass rant, but I love the game so I guess I just sit back and take one for the team.....
right up the arse!

Edit: p.s Oh and the one I got came in the first 4 cards,,so I didnt even get to choose one,,the more I think about it....thats just fucked!

Last edited:
myc24;n8851030 said:
right up the arse!

Lmao!

Yeah dude... i feel sorry, but it isnt really worth it to buy kegs right now. However, next patch the rares and commons will have double scrap value and whoever bought kegs (like you) seems to receive a refund on the scraps from kegs bough (or something like that)... so there is it for consolation.

The four kegs I got from ranked were so much than most of my kegs put together. Only ones better were the 71 I opened after pubic beta hit. Got some golds and movie cards. But surely opening so many will wield something good. I know you opened 40, which is a lot. Btw pubic not a typo.

I find you don't have to play very long to get 2 kegs a day.

Maybe just keep hoarding them and wait for something to change. That's all i'm doing right now, of course if you want purchase kegs to save time I totally get that as well.

Eh,,its a game that I like and I totally dont mind supporting it. I feel that if its something you enjoy its worth investing in. This time though I got pretty dam screwed and its leaving a very sour taste in my mouth!

They recognize the system as is kinda sucks and they are fixing it right away.

While it is unfortunate you got the kegs now and not next week, they will be partially reimbursing players who purchased kegs before the upgrades came. So you will get more from the kegs you purchased (hopefully) soon. The exact details are a bit unclear still.

myc24;n8851030 said:
So I just spent $50 on 40 kegs and got ONE! legendary. Got 1 legendary out of 40 kegs and im pretty dam disgusted! I dont know what to say. I guess I expected atleast 2 maybe hoped for 3...smh. Seems pretty down right shitty to say the least. Its taking great restraint to keep from going on a long ass rant, but I love the game so I guess I just sit back and take one for the team.....
right up the arse!

Edit: p.s Oh and the one I got came in the first 4 cards,,so I didnt even get to choose one,,the more I think about it....thats just fucked!

Dont mill your cards yet. You should wait for the Patch and then mill cards you have double. You get more scraps from nerfed cards and more scraps from bronze cards.

Come on. CDPR just raise the mill value for cards and besides It's not that terrible compared to some other TCGs. I remember buying packs from Hearthstone and get 1 legendary. And It was a pretty bad one too. The problem is that Gwent has soooooooo many Gold cards. If I play a other TCG and getting 1 Legendary card after open 40 packs I might be very happy because legendaries are so rare

Updated the keg stats, removed the (buggy) table and instead, created a hot link to my site.

The card types are kinda confusing. I know there are bronze, silver, gold, but is it like white, blue, purple for rarity? Then there are movie cards just for show?

Zer033x;n8912020 said:
The card types are kinda confusing. I know there are bronze, silver, gold, but is it like white, blue, purple for rarity? Then there are movie cards just for show?

The "movie cards", better known as premium or animated cards, are just for show, yes.

The rarity of the cards has been changed in Open Beta. There used to be two indicators: rarity and quality. CDPR has changed that so that rarity and quality are almost the same now. Except for bronze cards, which can be white (common) or blue (rare). Though that distinction is meaningless for the gameplay. This thread shows the old situation.

I got 6 kegs from reaching rank 16 and 5 kegs from doing dalies. From the 11 kegs that I opened I got: Milva (choice along with Leto and Dijkstra), Vilgefortz (choice with two other golds), Cahir (1 in 4), Myrgtabrakke (choice from 3 silvers), Aelirenn (1 in 4), Ceallach (animated choice from 3 silvers), Roach (1 in 4), Malena (choice), Blueboy Lugos (choice). Rest of the cards were common and rares with notable mention of animated Adrenaline Rush (1 in 4).

1st - Cahir
2nd - Aelirenn
3rd - Myrgtabrakke

4th - Ceallach (silver premium)
5th - Adrenaline Rush (bronze premium)
6th - Vilgefortz
7th - commons and rares
8th - Milva
9th - Roach and Malena
10th - commons and rares
11th - Blueboy Lugos

All kegs were obtained one after another and opened in one go.

Last edited:
So what is the difference between commons and rares? How rare are rares?

Also, my game likes wild hunt riders. Must have gotten about 10 of them by now. After maybe 50 kegs, just got one Gold, YenCon.

Snake_Foxhounder;n8943310 said:
So what is the difference between commons and rares? How rare are rares?

Also, my game likes wild hunt riders. Must have gotten about 10 of them by now. After maybe 50 kegs, just got one Gold, YenCon.

The usual most common kegs usually have 4 common bronze cards and then lets you choose from 3 rare bronze cards.
The upgrade to this keg would be one that has 3 common bronzes, 1 rare and lets you choose from 3 rares.
And then there are kegs that include silvers (epic) and golds (legendaries).

But in my opinion there's not much difference between commons and rares except that commons take up most of the keg slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom