Keira killing herself is a total mess

+
Keira killing herself is a total mess

Keira just killed herself, what the fuck? You did it at least well making Villentretenmerth immune to his own effect, so do the same with Keira, or at least buffed her up more!

Well Keira killing herself also prevents you from using epidemic to kill a large carryover unit if you go first and your opponent has no other units out. Arguing that this is good because it allows you to counter your opponents big carryover units would be an argument with some kind of reasoning behind it.

It seems like you're just saying "oh damn, I made a silly mistake and epidemiced my own Kiera, CDPR plz fix"
OK. Maybe you should try not doing that instead.

Kiera has lots of other effects that make her useful. If villen could kill himself that would make him substantially worse, so in my opinion it's not really a fair comparison.

I don't think you have provided any good reasons to support your argument other than just complaining because you made a mistake.

To be accurate, Keira didn't kill Keira. The epidemic spell she spawned which kills the lowest units on the board will kill Keira if she is the lowest unit on the board. Since you chose that spell over the other 2 options it means that you killed her.

Lol, this reminds me of the old Pavetta, those days were hilarious, the card with a higher suicidal rate in the game (silver card with two epidemics in a row).
:cheers4:

I think cards that play spells should be immune to their own harmful spells that they play. Kiera's Epidemic becomes nearly worthless since it has a cap of 5. Playing a bronze Epidemic from your hand is more effective in most situations. Especially these days, when rarely any bronze is 5 or below.

I've rarely used her Epidemic because I know of the cap.

HoneyVadger;n9465481 said:
It seems like you're just saying "oh damn, I made a silly mistake and epidemiced my own Kiera, CDPR plz fix"
I'm not saying that (maybe the OP is, I dunno). But since gold immunity removal, Kiera is one of the cards that certainly needs rebalancing because of it. The Epidemic spawn is a definite example of why, just like Villentretenmerth's Scorch effect. Vill got changed, but Kiera didn't. Many golds and silvers were changed to not target themselves with their own effects already.

partci

Forum veteran
I remember in CB Pavetta had the same problem, that got fixed and she got Immune to her Epidemic.

Alas, Keira is just one of the "new" Golds that needs tweaks and changes so her skills can work properly or for their effects to see some actual development during the rounds (looks at Yen:Con, Triss:Butt, Borkh, etc.).

Then best would be change Epidemic for something else, giving her ability kill anything as long as that's only minion on board would make her really powerful

You mainly want to use Keira for the potion which makes her a 15 value card,or Auramancy for White frost/Skellige storm in a Rad control deck.Epidemic is useful against That huge consume ranged row.Or even against enemy NR commando tempo decks.Think of it as an alternative lacerate.Thats probably the best situation you are going to get good value out of Epidemic.Other than that you can probably deny a low power key card your opponent plays,but then she would be an 11 value at best,and i dont think it would be worth.

arubino99;n9475231 said:
I think cards that play spells should be immune to their own harmful spells that they play.

Or just have an additional phase:

Right now the order is:

1) trap card
2) card is placed
3) effect of the placed card is used

Would be easily fixed if the order would be

1) trap card
2) "battlecry effects"
3) THEN the unit is placed on the board

partci;n9475511 said:
I remember in CB Pavetta had the same problem, that got fixed and she got Immune to her Epidemic.

Alas, Keira is just one of the "new" Golds that needs tweaks and changes so her skills can work properly or for their effects to see some actual development during the rounds (looks at Yen:Con, Triss:Butt, Borkh, etc.).

Did she actually receive the immunity though? I think that people just found a way to use her by resurrecting her with Shani, making her gold. And then she got her power raised and she spawned only 1 epidemic.

Guest 4021160

Ok. If cdpr changes cards to every nugget suggestion we will have ourselves a major fu***n <insert your brilliant comment>. The card changes are too rapid already.

so stupid ,last round i had 24 points skirmisher and renew ,opponent had 2 gold cards i used renew revived coral and she cant touch gold cards so i had to turn my skirmisher in to jade figurine ,and then on top of all that opponent used thunder and killed my coral,i don't care that i lost it was casual but this to me makes no sense anymore

marina22;n9483181 said:
so stupid ,last round i had 24 points skirmisher and renew ,opponent had 2 gold cards i used renew revived coral and she cant touch gold cards so i had to turn my skirmisher in to jade figurine ,and then on top of all that opponent used thunder and killed my coral,i don't care that i lost it was casual but this to me makes no sense anymore

Well you could have let the turn timer run all the way down, at which point you would have to discard a random card in your hand without playing it, which would have been Renew. (I know that few people know about this feature, but it is there)
I totally agree that the restriction on artifact compression is a little bit arbitrary, but it stops coral from being a counter to weak golds with permanent effects (like Triss:butt) that does not even trigger the deathwish these cards recently got to make up for the fact that they are much more easy to remove than they used to.

I really did't care about who wins or no ,my point is that most of the cards make no sense and they need change.

Simple solution is that Kierra's Epidemic doesn't target golds. That makes her immune, but also prevents you from destroying opponent's golds like Triss: Butt (not that anyone uses her anymore).

Could Keira's ability instead of Epidemic, to have Overdose as a correct replacement, and just like Nilfgaardian's Vanhemar's ability.

Ex.

Keira: Three Options to pick from;

Aeromancy; to spawn weather on the opposite row from your deck.

Overdose; to deal damage to enemy units by 2.

Thunderbolt Potion; to deal buff up to 3 units by 3 and add 2 armour to them. (same as now)

Top Bottom